Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

There's no real inconsistency there though. They were less than a yard away from the ball when it was hit into them. That's not a penalty and hasn't been given for ages now lol

They weren't lucky. They were better. We defended poorly and they didn't really. 

We are all entitled to our opinions.  

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I Dont know if you've noticed,but we're short of defenders. If one becomes available then they are likely to play. Obviously you knew that these players would get injured again but to those of us who cant see the future it just seems like bad luck .

I don't know if you noticed but he dropped a Full back for Ricardo, the player he dropped has been one of our better players btw, so JJ didn't need to play that game, he could easily have been rested to play on Thursday given we were planning to rest Ricardo for that game, JJ's injury is on Rodgers and Rodgers alone

Just now, Happy Fox said:

There are loads of competent managers we can bring in.

Come on then, who? 

If you start naming out of work European managers who have no premier league experience then you might as well appoint  Big Sam or Mark Hughes.

• Like 1

Time to go. The bottom line is he has turned a fantastic squad into a bunch of confused players. 
Fair enough we were better today but it the same result 2 goals let in again. 
We are to soft, His substitutions and tactics all over the place. 
To be honest he was the manager I wanted us to get when the job was available last time, I have lost all faith in him now. This isn’t a blip in form it has continued from the end of last season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stu said:

Who? Genuinely interested as I don’t think there is anyone available that wouldn’t be a huge gamble and is certain to improve us with the defensive options we have.

Rodgers wasn’t available when we were looking last time.

He isn’t the only manager in world football, there will be another manager out there who, shock, may even improve us!

I remember there were a few people fiercely loyal to Puel and saying the same things… truth is, it’s time for Rodgers to go!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stu said:

Who? Genuinely interested as I don’t think there is anyone available that wouldn’t be a huge gamble and is certain to improve us with the defensive options we have.

10 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Like who? Most people usually follow this up with unknown quantities with no prem experience or bang average suggestions who wouldn’t by any stretch of some wild imaginations improve us. 

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I get your point but what exactly would they have to improve on? Sometimes a new voice and new ideas are needed. Doesn't necessarily have to be somebody who has a better CV than Brendan

Exactly this. I’m not even joking when I say someone like Big Sam would improve us until the end of the season, we’re in freefall and it shows no signs of improving results wise. 

We might even be better off having an assistant come in at some point just for a few games until the end of the season. I genuinely can’t see how he can last much longer. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stu said:

Come on then, who? 

If you start naming out of work European managers who have no premier league experience then you might as well appoint  Big Sam or Mark Hughes.

I guess you wouldn’t have wanted Klopp then? lol premier league experience is not really important.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Rodgers won’t get sacked, we’re playing ok the lads couldn’t hit a barn door today. On to the next one. Nobody available to replace him at the minute so we need to stick with him.

It is this mentality that will keep us in a lul for the rest of the season. The club have to be ruthless. Poor results, poor transfers, poor tactics and poor management of the injury problems meaning constant reoccurrence again and again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Rodgers won’t get sacked, we’re playing ok the lads couldn’t hit a barn door today. On to the next one. Nobody available to replace him at the minute so we need to stick with him.

Well 2 points from the last five games and fifteen games to go. Continue at that ratio and we will get 6 more points this season. Not looking great right now. We just need to scrape our way to the summer and then everything needs to be re-assessed. I've supported Rodgers but now I wonder if he's just run his course with us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is very unfortunate that we are still missing Vardy, Fofana,  Evans and Justin. However,  Justin and Fofana have been exceptional;  unexpectedly so, while Evans and Vardy are nearing the end of their careers. 

I think that it is reasonable to expect the rest of the to be better than the dreadful form demonstrates. In my opinion Rodgers should be able to coach the defence better. The current options have loads of PL and international experience with seasoned defensive midfielders in front of them. 

It is not good enough and Rodgers is accountable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I don't know if you noticed but he dropped a Full back for Ricardo, the player he dropped has been one of our better players btw, so JJ didn't need to play that game, he could easily have been rested to play on Thursday given we were planning to rest Ricardo for that game, JJ's injury is on Rodgers and Rodgers alone

It's a theory, not a very good one, but you're entitled to your opinion.

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

I think he deserves the opportunity to rebuild the squad. Although the comments he made after Forest game didn’t go down too well I loved his honesty. He’s identified that the squad is weak minded with not enough players willing to stand up and be counted. I completely agree and think this squad needs a serious overhaul. There are too many weak willed players who are happy with mediocrity. 
For me, those comments were crucial. Slating players publicly could go either way and the fact that we have seen a reaction from the squad tells me he still has the backing of the lads. 
This season has been a write off and there are some serious issues he has to address, the defence, set pieces and injuries need sorting bigtime. But, I’ve seen enough recently to convince me he is the right man to take us forward. 
We’re trying to grow as a club, be ran properly from top to bottom and although the performances have been disastrous this season we’ve invested a lot of money in Brendan and this project and I’m not sure sacking him blindly is the best course of action. I’m trying to look at the wider picture.

look at the players Rodgers has bought, Tielemans doesn't count btw he was made permanent under Rodgers but signed by Puel, other than Fofana who has excelled? Why would you trust him to rebuild the squad?

• Like 3

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Rodgers wasn’t available when we were looking last time.

He isn’t the only manager in world football, there will be another manager out there who, shock, may even improve us!

I remember there were a few people fiercely loyal to Puel and saying the same things… truth is, it’s time for Rodgers to go!

Ok, I’ll re-phrase the question.

Who IN a job would think would be realistic for us to bring in at this point in the season that would improve the team with the defensive options we have?

I see lots of shouts for BR’s head, but no names as replacements.

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

His post match interviews care weird, he doesn't seem that pissed off that we lost...says that we played nice football but shame we couldn't score and on to the next game. He seems happy and content.

How do you want him to be pissed off ?  In the post match interview?  What do you expect him to say ?  They players didn’t let us down today - he isn’t going to question his tactics (ever) - do you want him to shout at the moon and shake hIs fist?  I guarantee you that he goes home tonight and is well fooked off …

but over the past few seasons, we play like that and we win the game.  Our set piece delivery was the only thing I can really question over the game.  He knows that if we continue to control games then with better quality players coming back, we will begin to win games ….

• Like 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Why wouldn’t they? Fresh ideas, fresh voices.. sometimes it’s all that’s needed.

Fair enough, it might be, it might not. I don’t see change as necessarily the right thing every time, but, you could be right of course. I don’t think it’s a given either way.