Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, TJB-fox said:

They were meant to be 5th and 3rd choice options, for which they would be fine. The injury situation is more of a concern for me than these two. 

but it is an indication of what he thinks about signings, this wasn't some desperate punt Vestergaard had been scouted for years and passed up as too old and too slow, Bertrand was more understandable as it was a bosman

Just now, desertfox2 said:

For those that want him gone it's probably going to cost us over 30m to sack him as we would have to buy out his contract. So we can have Rodgers and 30m more in the summer or a new manager and probably very little to spend in the summer apart from whatever we can rustle up from sales. It's not easy to just replace him and even if we do we aren't finishing in the european places anyway this season or winning anything apart from the European conference maybe. We may as well stick with him in the situation we are in but make sure we have someone overseeing the player signings in the summer and then see where we are in December. 

A new manager would at least get us playing better. 

Giving Rodgers the summer and another £30m spells disaster. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

For those that want him gone it's probably going to cost us over 30m to sack him as we would have to buy out his contract. So we can have Rodgers and 30m more in the summer or a new manager and probably very little to spend in the summer apart from whatever we can rustle up from sales. It's not easy to just replace him and even if we do we aren't finishing in the european places anyway this season or winning anything apart from the European conference maybe. We may as well stick with him in the situation we are in but make sure we have someone overseeing the player signings in the summer and then see where we are in December. 

you don't have to pay it off in one go you can simply continue to pay him on a monthly basis until it expires or he chooses to work else where, that's what they do in Italy for example

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We are. I assume you're of the opinion that we weren't lucky to beat brentford :dunno:

Bit of a leap.  You seem to be an over-reactive poster.  You ignore most of what I post and then assume I think something else.   

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, is this relevant to replacing Brendan? It’s the same question of course, past successes do not prove an unknown.

Well yeah you're dismissing these names based on what? Brendan isn't performing so I don't see why the names being mentioned would be considered a huge risk

Really annoying how he doesn't change anything. We're losing and we're still doing the same thing, same formation, fvcking one up front.

I've always criticised his subs in his time here, they usually confuse me, and again why are we taking one striker off, like for like, when we're chasing the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes we did play better today. It still wasn’t great though. I found it a really boring watch. 

Thought it was quite exciting, at least compared to recent matches. Anyway, we don’t get extra points, which we clearly need, for artistic impression.  lol

And yes, I know that’s not the point but neither you nor I are for turning I think.  :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

A new manager would at least get us playing better. 

Giving Rodgers the summer and another £30m spells disaster. 

Who is available though that would? If he does stay someone needs to be overseeing transfers for sure and not congerton. 

Edited by desertfox2
?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:
13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I think he deserves the opportunity to rebuild the squad. Although the comments he made after Forest game didn’t go down too well I loved his honesty. He’s identified that the squad is weak minded with not enough players willing to stand up and be counted. I completely agree and think this squad needs a serious overhaul. There are too many weak willed players who are happy with mediocrity. 
For me, those comments were crucial. Slating players publicly could go either way and the fact that we have seen a reaction from the squad tells me he still has the backing of the lads. 
This season has been a write off and there are some serious issues he has to address, the defence, set pieces and injuries need sorting bigtime. But, I’ve seen enough recently to convince me he is the right man to take us forward. 
We’re trying to grow as a club, be ran properly from top to bottom and although the performances have been disastrous this season we’ve invested a lot of money in Brendan and this project and I’m not sure sacking him blindly is the best course of action. I’m trying to look at the wider picture.

look at the players Rodgers has bought, Tielemans doesn't count btw he was made permanent under Rodgers but signed by Puel, other than Fofana who has excelled? Why would you trust him to rebuild the squad?

Exactly. He said that at the end of last season, that following two 5th place finishes (effectively bottling 4th twice from good positions), he wanted to bring in players with a strong and winning mentality. He bought in Soumare, Vestergaard, and Bertrand, none of which can get anywhere near the team as they are all guff.

• Like 1

Keep the faith.

We are a great team that's lost its way a bit. We've had no luck. All the injuries at the back have meant we haven't had a consistent starting 11. Lots of players have played out of position in matches. I wouldn't be surprised if a few are playing through injuries as well.

There isn't much to play for in the league now other than pride. Hopefully, we can have a run in this European C cup. If we win it that would be amazing as we will have European football again next year.

We've invested heavily in young talent and kept faith in our older players recently. Perhaps we need a few older heads to come in. I also think we need a leader on the pitch. Someone who knows how to get the best out of the lads around him and is prepared to do the nastier side of the game.

Rogers has that opportunity this summer. Infact I hope he has already started identifying targets etc. He is best placed to know exactly what we need as he sees the players daily. 

I think we will lose a few lads as the vultures will swoop if we haven't got European football but that might not be a bad thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen when playing better is all we’re asking of our manager. It’s not hard to play slightly better after the January/Early Feb we had. 

It’s not the end result though, it’s about how shockingly poor we have looked, and it’s quite a relief to see use looking much better ( at least `I thought so) and thinking that these improved performance will begin to produce points

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Bit of a leap.  You seem to be an over-reactive poster.  You ignore most of what I post and then assume I think something else.   

How is it over reaching? We did to them what wolves have done to us and people were on here calling it a masterclass of premier league football.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well yeah you're dismissing these names based on what? Brendan isn't performing so I don't see why the names being mentioned would be considered a huge risk

Yes, I suppose I am, but you are dismissing him in spite of the injury problems and a (I think) a much improved performance, albeit providing no points YET. So yes, I totally get the frustration, just a case if you think it can be salvaged I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

you don't have to pay it off in one go you can simply continue to pay him on a monthly basis until it expires or he chooses to work else where, that's what they do in Italy for example

Wouldn't us paying him until he found another job be dependent on him accepting a mutual agreement instead of being sacked? If he has a contract with over 30m remaining I can't see him being very flexible if we sack him. He will find another job but it's unlikely anyone is going to offer him anything like the money he's on here. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

How is it over reaching? We did to them what wolves have done to us and people were on here calling it a masterclass of premier league football.

You seem to have added a new strand.

You appear to be arguing with yourself.

We were a bit unlucky today.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

When was the last time our season was over in January? Genuinely can't remember. Feels like we've always had something to play for going into the last couple of months of the season

We are in the Europa conference league, which gives us a chance of European football next season. The season isn’t quite over yet 

We go 2 up today and take one of those chances and the win game we'd cite it as a BR masterclass with players missing. Games turn on moments, we didnt capitalise on our dominance and paid price. Saw enough out there today to sense confidence and form is increasing. 

However, I acknowledge that simply needing 2-3 goals every game to either draw or win is simply not good enough nor sustainable. 

I still think it would take a run of 3-4 more defeats on the bounce before Top seriously considered a change.

• Like 1