Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, majaco said:

You seem to have added a new strand.

You appear to be arguing with yourself.

We were a bit unlucky today.

No not at all. Just countering the 'unlucky' theory. We weren't unlucky we defended poorly and got punished for it. Wolves didn't. That's how football works. They deserved it.

1 minute ago, DanDare said:

Bottom on current form if you take a look.

If we have to wait till we're bottom of the league before we realise there's an issue, then guess what, it's too late 

I actually think we will be ok, and I am prepared to wait a little longer. I am sure Top is paying extremely close attention, so if he feels it’s beyond Brendan, I am sure he will get the boot it’s a Claudio did.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, I suppose I am, but you are dismissing him in spite of the injury problems and a (I think) a much improved performance, albeit providing no points YET. So yes, I totally get the frustration, just a case if you think it can be salvaged I guess.

To be fair I did say that today can't really be used as a stick to beat him with and I haven't tried to. I've held my opinion of him for quite a while now. I just don't get the impression he rates us very highly as a club and that may have rubbed off on the players. Granted that's based on my own interpretation of some of his interviews therefore isn't fact

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are in the Europa conference league, which gives us a chance of European football next season. The season isn’t quite over yet 

OK granted but we're only in that as a result of getting knocked out of UEFA's second European competition. Not by merit

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Mike Stowell would get these players playing better

Remember that first game at home to Liverpool after Ranieri went? Shakespeare had us right back as the leicester we knew we were, in the very first minute of that game. 

Can you explain the first few months of the following season under shakey - possibly the worst football I can remember watching since 2011.   It’s not just about getting ‘up and at em’. 

50 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think there's actually a lot to be positive about after the last 3 games.  

We're definitely turning a corner

Feel the same. Our movement doesn't feel so disjointed anymore. Faster from one end to the other. If we could have cloned Under and Perez our problems would be solved.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

When was the last time our season was over in January? Genuinely can't remember. Feels like we've always had something to play for going into the last couple of months of the season

We could win the European conference thing if we give it a go. It's the kind of competition Mourinho could win though. Just to have won something when he does leave Roma. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

On a wider point I genuinely believe that the days of hanging on to managers for 5+ years are done in football barring the odd exception (Pep, Klopp etc). I think clubs need a consistent model but freshen up the 'voice' every 3 years let's say. Don't expect many will agree with this

I think your right,and it can suite both parties.

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

OK granted but we're only in that as a result of getting knocked out of UEFA's second European competition. Not by merit

Doesn’t matter it is a cup to be won still, and we are there on merit due to getting third in the group. Not great but that warrants a place therefore we are there on merit

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I think he deserves the opportunity to rebuild the squad. Although the comments he made after Forest game didn’t go down too well I loved his honesty. He’s identified that the squad is weak minded with not enough players willing to stand up and be counted. I completely agree and think this squad needs a serious overhaul. There are too many weak willed players who are happy with mediocrity. 
For me, those comments were crucial. Slating players publicly could go either way and the fact that we have seen a reaction from the squad tells me he still has the backing of the lads. 
This season has been a write off and there are some serious issues he has to address, the defence, set pieces and injuries need sorting bigtime. But, I’ve seen enough recently to convince me he is the right man to take us forward. 
We’re trying to grow as a club, be ran properly from top to bottom and although the performances have been disastrous this season we’ve invested a lot of money in Brendan and this project and I’m not sure sacking him blindly is the best course of action. I’m trying to look at the wider picture.

I’m in the out camp, but I can see your point and agree with some of what you’ve said. I thought the comments after forest were exactly what was required and we have seen a reaction. Unfortunately though we are still looking at a potential relegation battle. I’d love for Rodgers to turn this form round though. 

BR seems to get fixated on players even when it is obvious it’s not going to work- Perez for most of last season and now Daka when the opposition isn’t pressing and happy to allow possession, Daka can’t get behind. We’ve had a few games like this but BR too stubborn to change tactics until we’re behind.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

On a wider point I genuinely believe that the days of hanging on to managers for 5+ years are done in football barring the odd exception (Pep, Klopp etc). I think clubs need a consistent model but freshen up the 'voice' every 3 years let's say. Don't expect many will agree with this

Think you’re spot on. Stability and consistency are the most overused phrases in football. There’s only two clubs in my living memory who have had that, everyone else has chopped and changed. Gary Neville has a lot to answer for because he’s always the first to go on about giving managers time and not sacking them - he was part of a perfect, once in a lifetime storm at Man U and he’s also a hypocrite because he’s sacked plenty of managers himself. Just because Alex Ferguson benefitted from time at the helm doesn’t mean that every manager will. 3/4 years is a good stint for a manager these days. 

Sorry Brendan.

Time for a change

Bottom of the current form due to bad decisions.

All of the struggling teams have had injuries that's football.

Statements about over achievement have

done him no favours.

Let's get it done before the end of this season and let's get a manager with a bit more humility and more honesty instead,  ready for next season.l

• Like 1