Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, StanSP said:

Anyone taking it as a positive that the players are clearly still playing for him? If he's lost the dressing room, you don't get players still in games after a set back? 

Yes, completely.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stu said:

Ok, I’ll re-phrase the question.

Who IN a job would think would be realistic for us to bring in at this point in the season that would improve the team with the defensive options we have?

I see lots of shouts for BR’s head, but no names as replacements.

Did the manager of the team that just beat us come about from a straw poll of Wolves fans?

Doubt it as he's barely been in management before that, and certainly not in the PL.

Maybe it means there are decent lesser known managers out there. But that only works if your clubs head of recruitment is any good. 

• Like 2

To get rid of Rodgers would be madness. Who is out there that could replace him? Don't say Potter because he won't leave Brighton. Think where we were 10 odd years ago and where we are now. I listen to all of Rodgers press conferences and everytime he is spot on with what he says. An intelligent guy who appears very genuine  about the club and wants to get the best out of his players. Not his fault injuries have decimated the season. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Anyone taking it as a positive that the players are clearly still playing for him? If he's lost the dressing room, you don't get players still in games after a set back? 

Agreed. Clearly has not lost the dressing room which people want to believe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No not at all. Just countering the 'unlucky' theory. We weren't unlucky we defended poorly and got punished for it. Wolves didn't. That's how football works. They deserved it.

We didn’t even defend that poorly, both their goals were pot shots from the edge of the area, good finishing if anything. 

We were comfortable the better team, completely dominated them all game.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can you explain the first few months of the following season under shakey - possibly the worst football I can remember watching since 2011.   It’s not just about getting ‘up and at em’. 

No. I realise that it wouldn’t be a long term fix. 

Ultimately Rodgers can’t get us out this rut, Stowell would, I think. 

It’d also put paid to this strange belief that our players aren’t good enough. 

A new manager with fresh ideas is precisely what we need right as a club in order to hopefully move forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

To get rid of Rodgers would be madness. Who is out there that could replace him? Don't say Potter because he won't leave Brighton. Think where we were 10 odd years ago and where we are now. I listen to all of Rodgers press conferences and everytime he is spot on with what he says. An intelligent guy who appears very genuine  about the club and wants to get the best out of his players. Not his fault injuries have decimated the season. 

😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

Think where Man City were 14 years ago? 

Times change. And we as s club need to keep moving with the time. 

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

On a wider point I genuinely believe that the days of hanging on to managers for 5+ years are done in football barring the odd exception (Pep, Klopp etc). I think clubs need a consistent model but freshen up the 'voice' every 3 years let's say. Don't expect many will agree with this

That's the fashion. Managers just becoming another replaceable cog in the football business. Kind of like the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, DanDare said:

Did the manager of the team that just beat us come about from a straw poll of Wolves fans?

Doubt it as he's barely been in management before that, and certainly not in the PL.

Maybe it means there are decent lesser known managers out there. But that only works if your clubs head of recruitment is any good. 

No, but he had a whole summer working with his team to play the football he wants, which is a luxury we don’t have at this point in the season.

I’m all for seeing out the season and looking at lesser known names and other options then, but to do it at his point of the season with no obvious viable option is extremely short sighted and could well cost us even more than BR’s compensation if we decide on the wrong man.

Edited by stu

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah this is a positive, as is our general performance level in the last few games. We have been okay even if results haven’t been great. 

I’m still in the out camp though. Too many unaddressed problems have been lingering for a long time, in some cases more than a year, with no solutions. Don’t want him holding the chequebook in what will be a huge summer for us. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They weren't pot shots though were they. They were very controlled shots from the edge of the area. The amount of time and space podence had is absolutley criminal. You'd be fuming if we didn't score that. 

We didn’t. Madders and Youri had similar opportunities.

I agree with the other poster, stopping shots from outside of the box aren’t primarily the defenders responsibility. It’s the midlfielders who should be tracking the man, especially as we had 3 central midfielders.

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stu said:

No, but he had a whole summer working with his team to play the football he wants, which is a luxury we don’t have at this point in the season.

I’m all for seeing out the season and looking at lesser known names and other options then, but to do it at his point of the season with no obvious viable option is extremely short sighted and could well cost us even more than BR’s compensation if we decide on the wrong man.

Or it could be viewed as the smart, longer term option. Give someone with no PL experience the rest of the season to get to grips with the league and evaluate his squad before getting a full pre season to make it his. Similar to what we done with BR...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, stu said:

Ok, I’ll re-phrase the question.

Who IN a job would think would be realistic for us to bring in at this point in the season that would improve the team with the defensive options we have?

I see lots of shouts for BR’s head, but no names as replacements.

There’s been a few names bandied about already in here. I don’t sit on football manager all day and scout potential replacements but there are certainly other managers who could come in. I wonder how many of our fans would have turned their noses up at Bruno Lage before seeing what he’s done at Wolves.

Fact is there are thousands of teams who don’t have Brendan Rodgers managing them, and some do very well for themselves. Some would also jump at the opportunity to manage in the Premier League.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Wouldn't us paying him until he found another job be dependent on him accepting a mutual agreement instead of being sacked? If he has a contract with over 30m remaining I can't see him being very flexible if we sack him. He will find another job but it's unlikely anyone is going to offer him anything like the money he's on here. 

no we can simply place him on gardening leave, major companies do it all the time, all we are legally required to do is pay him his money, unless we have cause to fire him for gross misconduct.

If he chose to take another job he would have to negotiate a release with us which would mean not getting all his money but also the club he signs for wouldn't have to pay a release fee

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Take your pick from 

Rudi Garcia 

Lucien Farve 

Diego Martinez 

Niko Kovac 

All readily available. What does where we were 10 years ago have to do with anything? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why can’t you? It was a mere example in any case. 

At what point do clubs emerge from the wilderness and become accepted as a big club? 

We don’t have to accept a new level of mediocrity just because we were shit ten years ago. 

Unless you have unlimited amounts of cash clubs like Leicester will have ups and downs over the years. You just have to accept it. We have been over achieving in the last few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

No. I realise that it wouldn’t be a long term fix. 

Ultimately Rodgers can’t get us out this rut, Stowell would, I think. 

It’d also put paid to this strange belief that our players aren’t good enough. 

A new manager with fresh ideas is precisely what we need right as a club in order to hopefully move forward.

I’m pretty sure that rodgers would be happy to take a ‘better job’ if it became available.  given the tribulations at spurs with conte, it wouldn’t  be a shock to me if next season started with rodgers there.  Perhaps a change would work out but how confident are you that we would get the appointment right?  

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

They weren't pot shots though were they. They were very controlled shots from the edge of the area. The amount of time and space podence had is absolutley criminal. You'd be fuming if we didn't score that. 

we were passive again - the defence are heavily lacking in confidence - the natural reaction is to just look after your area and not take responsibility outside of your zone ……… when podence shot, there were two runners goal side of the CB’s so it’s not like they hadn’t got anyone to mark. The midfield were simply the wrong side - you could argue that wolves’ tactics had drawn us up the pitch to allow that to occur.   The first goal is a first time shot - more difficult to close down - wilf is busy defending in the box - where are YT and KDH ?