Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, StevieH said:

To get rid of Rodgers would be madness. Who is out there that could replace him? Don't say Potter because he won't leave Brighton. Think where we were 10 odd years ago and where we are now. I listen to all of Rodgers press conferences and everytime he is spot on with what he says. An intelligent guy who appears very genuine  about the club and wants to get the best out of his players. Not his fault injuries have decimated the season. 

That's like saying I'm sticking with my wife who's sucking dick left right and centre, because I don't know who else might be interested. 

Get rid now! 

Edited by browniefox
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, stu said:

We didn’t. Madders and Youri had similar opportunities.

I agree with the other poster, stopping shots from outside of the box aren’t primarily the defenders responsibility. It’s the midlfielders who should be tracking the man, especially as we had 3 central midfielders.

Yea. It is the midfielders. I had put that in an early post. I dont think the problem is just the back 4 it's infront of them too. 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m pretty sure that rodgers would be happy to take a ‘better job’ if it became available.  given the tribulations at spurs with conte, it wouldn’t  be a shock to me if next season started with rodgers there.  Perhaps a change would work out but how confident are you that we would get the appointment right?  

we were passive again - the defence are heavily lacking in confidence - the natural reaction is to just look after your area and not take responsibility outside of your zone ……… when podence shot, there were two runners goal side of the CB’s so it’s not like they hadn’t got anyone to mark. The midfield were simply the wrong side - you could argue that wolves’ tactics had drawn us up the pitch to allow that to occur.   The first goal is a first time shot - more difficult to close down - wilf is busy defending in the box - where are YT and KDH ? 

Our managerial recruitment has been largely spot on under KP. Sven and Shakey didn’t work out. 

The others, including Puel, brought some good to our club (I’m thinking the youth Puel brought in) 

Regardless, things simply can’t get any worse under Rodgers can they? So surely any appointment would see us fare better in the mid term future. 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone taking it as a positive that the players are clearly still playing for him? If he's lost the dressing room, you don't get players still in games after a set back? 

Yep, this is why I'm still just about Brendan in.

However, on the flipside, I don't think we should think we're too good to be pulled into a relegation scrap. If you concede with the frequency we do then you're going to be under pressure.

I also think it's dangerous to keep thinking 'we'll be alright once the injured players come back'. I think this for a few reasons 1) It's almost March already and we're on the slide 2) it's a bit like the saying 'tomorrow never comes', what if we're still saying this in April? 3) There is clearly something fundamentally wrong with our medical department. Who's to say those players will stay fit when they come back (think JJ, Ricardo)? Who's to say that, with our horrible injury record, more players won't sustain injuries that will ultimately cost us?

As I say, I think you're right, the players are still with him but I'm not convinced that all will somehow be okay.

I think whether he keeps his job might be down to not just results, but to what extent he is responsible for what's gone on with injuries this season. For the record, I don't buy the theory that he personally 'sacked' Rennie but like everyone else, I don't know either way.

Edited by Tielemans63

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Or it could be viewed as the smart, longer term option. Give someone with no PL experience the rest of the season to get to grips with the league and evaluate his squad before getting a full pre season to make it his. Similar to what we done with BR...

I’d agree, if he’s lost the players, but they are clearly still playing for him. The upheaval and risk removing him now whilst they are fighting for him too greater risk in my opinion.

As the other poster said, the Wolves manager came in during the summer and has done well, so riding it out and reassessing the summer when there are more viable options available I believe is the sensible thing to do at this time

Some of the attacking play has been decent but if he can’t get the team to defend that’s neither here nor their. We can’t expect to score three every game to get a win or even two for a draw

Whilst injuries are part of the picture you need to have a squad that is capable of the defensive basics regardless of personnel. If the failure of coaching continues then we will remain in the bottom part of the league which I imagine will be far from acceptable to the owners

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Our managerial recruitment has been largely spot on under KP. Sven and Shakey didn’t work out. 

The others, including Puel, brought some good to our club (I’m thinking the youth Puel brought in) 

Regardless, things simply can’t get any worse under Rodgers can they? So surely any appointment would see us fare better in the mid term future. 

I can’t see the masses accepting a transitional couple seasons whilst the squad is rebuilt (as happened under puel) 

15 minutes ago, StevieH said:

To get rid of Rodgers would be madness. Who is out there that could replace him? Don't say Potter because he won't leave Brighton. Think where we were 10 odd years ago and where we are now. I listen to all of Rodgers press conferences and everytime he is spot on with what he says. An intelligent guy who appears very genuine  about the club and wants to get the best out of his players. Not his fault injuries have decimated the season. 

Yeah sure. He is smart, I'll give you that and he speaks well too. He's very honest in interviews when talking about the failures of anyone except himself. 

Telling an the guy interviewing him what went wrong and is fine as long as you can fix it. He doesn't seem to be able to though. In the last few months he's spoken about our defensive weakness, our inability to defend corners and our slow starts in games. Yes, he's identified problems but they keep happening week after week. He said himself that losing early goals was a problem before he even cane in so why after 3 years is it still happening? 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

One thing I'd like to see change on thus forum is the assumption that if you want Rodgers out you're an entitled fan or a glory hunter. Equally if you're Rodgers in you shouldn't be ridiculed either. Everybody has their own ambitions and expectations for the club. Some people are results driven, some just wanna see us play attractive football and others are fiercely loyal to certain individuals. At the end of the day we all want what's best for the club and none of us really know if what we want to happen is the right thing. 

I'm Rodgers out but I've never thought of myself as an entitled fan. I've supported us since the 90's so I've seen my fair share of bleak squads and managers and we're unrecognisable from those times. That doesn't mean I don't want us to aspire for better than what we're doing currently. We were fortunate enough to attract owners that pushed us on to be something we never thought we could be and I'm not quite ready to accept that we have to slide back into mediocrity without a fight

Some are football fans who see the football, take into account the ridiculous injuty list, the success of the last 2 or 3 years, and see that it's not the end of world like some fans. Getting rid of Rodgers and calling us all kinds of shite is not the answer at all. He's not perfect but he's far from deserving of the sack.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Some are football fans who see the football, take into account the ridiculous injuty list, the success of the last 2 or 3 years, and see that it's not the end of world like some fans. Getting rid of Rodgers and calling us all kinds of shite is not the answer at all. He's not perfect but he's far from deserving of the sack.

I'm not sure you read/understood my post 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

if you take into account the injury list you have to accept that Rodgers bares a large amount of responsibility for them too

• Like 1

Were wolves poor today because they were poor or because we stopped them being effective ??

Since the end of November, they’ve only had lower Xg against Man City, Chelsea and liverpool. And our Xg was higher than all their opponents apart from Man City and liverpool. 

sometimes you just have to accept that sh1t happens ……

• Like 3

I really hope positive results against Randers aren’t going to prolong the making of any decision, lose against Burnley and he surely has to go regardless, I’m ok with him potentially being here in the summer as long as he can avoid any relegation battle, but first sign of us going down he simply has to go. 

Edited by Yes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stu said:

I’d agree, if he’s lost the players, but they are clearly still playing for him. The upheaval and risk removing him now whilst they are fighting for him too greater risk in my opinion.

As the other poster said, the Wolves manager came in during the summer and has done well, so riding it out and reassessing the summer when there are more viable options available I believe is the sensible thing to do at this time

Still playing for him and playing well for him are different things completely though.

I mean, you can't tell me that, that defence are listening to him?!

Either they are and he's clueless or they are not and we have an even bigger problem. 

• Like 1