Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m pretty sure that rodgers would be happy to take a ‘better job’ if it became available.  given the tribulations at spurs with conte, it wouldn’t  be a shock to me if next season started with rodgers there.  Perhaps a change would work out but how confident are you that we would get the appointment right?  

we were passive again - the defence are heavily lacking in confidence - the natural reaction is to just look after your area and not take responsibility outside of your zone ……… when podence shot, there were two runners goal side of the CB’s so it’s not like they hadn’t got anyone to mark. The midfield were simply the wrong side - you could argue that wolves’ tactics had drawn us up the pitch to allow that to occur.   The first goal is a first time shot - more difficult to close down - wilf is busy defending in the box - where are YT and KDH ? 

Yea that was the problem. Youri and KDH had both come to our right side podence gets the ball on the left and the back 4 had dropped to about 12-15 yards from our goal. He just had alot of space. They were pretty much all out of position. 

Quick comment - many have said that things aren’t changing 

I haven’t seen us control games as we have the second half last week and today for some time 

If you control games then you win way more than you lose. We’ve seen that over that past two seasons. I didn’t see people questioning rodgers approach when we were averaging 2 points per game??  

the league this season is indeed a write off .  But we still have a chance of a euro trophy and to build momentum in the final few months of the league to take into next season. This will depend on getting some first choice players back fully fit and firing. 

I'm pretty sure that’s how the top brass see it although if there has been a bust up between rodgers and rudders then there’s likely to only be one winner come the summer as I don’t see rodgers as the type to swallow his pride  ……….

• Like 2

Just now, browniefox said:

Just giving the correct direction/instruction. 

Exactly 

Our squad is excellent 

I keep being reminded of us finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup last season. 

So I’ll remind people that these are EXACTLY the same players who achieved that. But now they’re no longer good enough? 

Strange that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Exactly 

Our squad is excellent 

So I’ll remind people that these are EXACTLY the same players who achieved that. But now they’re no longer good enough? 

Strange that 

Except most of them have been injured this season!

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Still playing for him and playing well for him are different things completely though.

I mean, you can't tell me that, that defence are listening to him?!

Either they are and he's clueless or they are not and we have an even bigger problem. 

Perhaps they are listening to him, but they don’t have the ability to do what he wants?

I’m sure that before the pre-season games started none of us thought that our best option CD partnership was going to be Big Dan and Cags in February, but that’s what cards we’ve been dealt through bad luck and self infliction.

Edited by stu

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Exactly 

Our squad is excellent 

Strange that 

Finishing 5th wasn't an overachievement, it was a par. The team was good enough to qualify for Europe and we did just that.

Don't think it's unwarranted that after 2 successive seasons of European competition we'd expect to at least be challenging for those positions again. Not bottom half fodder 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It does. First team has not improved at all.

You have the entire team from last season

From that, Perez can go for me. Vardy and Evans need replacing (in preparation for their impending retirements) 

I can’t think of anyone else I’d get rid of from that squad.

The summer signings, Daka might be ok. The jury’s still out on him for me.

Vestegaard, Bertrand and less so Soumare don’t cut the mustard with me. But none of them were around when we finished 5th and won the Cup.

I hardly think a major rebuilds required. We just need to replace the players Rodgers brought in in the summer essentially 😂

edit- I forgot Youri, who’ll be difficult to replace. 

I sometimes wonder though if a new manager would entice him to stay. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Just giving the correct direction/instruction. 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Exactly 

Our squad is excellent 

Strange that 

we will probably be losing two of our best players in the summer - we won’t be able to afford a straight youri replacement so we’ll have to change our shape and recruit players to fit that new approach. Rebuild might be a bit over dramatic …..

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

But that’s absolutely nothing to do with Brendan right? 

could be but it’s probably more to do with players having to play because of injuries and not having the rest time they would usually have 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Finishing 5th wasn't an overachievement, it was a par. The team was good enough to qualify for Europe and we did just that.

Don't think it's unwarranted that after 2 successive seasons of European competition we'd expect to at least be challenging for those positions again. Not bottom half fodder 

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Think where Man City were 14 years ago? 

Times change. And we as s club need to keep moving with the time. 

Don't you hate it when people mention the League One season? But refer back to Man City and that's fine

Not to mention the BILLIONS of oil money they've had pumped in to them?! 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Joking aside, what’s it going to cost us to get rid of him? A 1/3 of what we receive for Youri if he won’t re-sign? 

Do we want to pay that much in compensation? 

Just looked - £10m per year until

That’s a lot of compensation money if we sack him. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Don't you hate it when people mention the League One season? But refer back to Man City and that's fine

Not to mention the BILLIONS of oil money they've had pumped in to them?! 

It’s all relative though mate

Im not expecting us to be competing for PL title after PL title. That’ll never happen. 

But we shouldn’t be happy with this season just because we played League One football 15 years ago. And absolutely nothing points towards finishing 5th (twice) is overachieving 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just looked - £10m per year until

That’s a lot of compensation money if we sack him. 

It would be a year's salary, so £10m. Still a lot of money though, obviously.

Edited by Tielemans63

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Joking aside, what’s it going to cost us to get rid of him? A 1/3 of what we receive for Youri if he won’t re-sign? 

Do we want to pay that much in compensation? 

You’ve only got to think about our loss in revenue this season though and offset that against what sacking him would cost. Depreciation in players value as we’re performing terribly for example. 

Id actually see paying £20m to sack him as an investment in the clubs future. Especially if a new manager doesn’t demand a £100m rebuild in the summer too. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

I know everyone is feeling low with our current form but I don’t think this is the moment of despair it appears to be.

Our team lost its way because too many suffered a loss of direction after the cup win, only natural but no doubt compounded by the injuries. However this is temporary and if we can take heart, get Fofana back. and get a win or two sufficient confidence will return and next season will fell different.

Edited by Mr Weller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Not Rodgers biggest fan, but last 3 games we have looked fairly good

The last 2 games we've had some good spells but the overall performances haven't been great. 

Today was probably the best though which is still slightly sad.

• Like 1