Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

OK. So do you believe if you gave Podence that chance under those circumstances he'd only score 3 times out of 100? 

The Neves one was more instinctive and harder so I could believe the success rate would be less on that one (would still expect more than 3 out of 100) but the Podence chance didn't seem that difficult 

This is the Podence that hasn’t scored a premier league goal for 13 months tho? Maybe a premier league footballer does score that more than 3 times, but not by a lot, definitely not to the point where he should score. The point still stands, it was a good finish and there was a bit of luck too. 

28 minutes ago, Dusty said:

But that’s not true. The xG which takes into account the distance from goal and the opposing players was 0.03 for both of the goals. Meaning if they had that chance 100 times, they score it on average 3 times. That is just good finishing and a bit of luck. 

We'll have to agree to disagree buddy. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No. But the likelihood is not as high as people think. There's this stupid idea that he, Vardy, and Evans will waltz back in and transform things. As we've seen with JJ and Riccy, it does not happen quickly. So it might but experience strongly suggests otherwise. 

And we’ve seen Vardy, specifically, take a long

time to get back to full fitness and productivity after periods of injury. Last season was a case in point but it’s happened a few other times too.

The injuries weren’t that bad before the start of December and yet we were struggling then too. This idea that it is just the return of one of two players and all will be well with the world is just spin from Rodgers. I’m unsurprised that the media are gobbling that up but for Leicester fans that actually watch the systemic issues that recur week after week not to see it is surprising.

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

OK. So do you believe if you gave Podence that chance under those circumstances he'd only score 3 times out of 100? 

The Neves one was more instinctive and harder so I could believe the success rate would be less on that one (would still expect more than 3 out of 100) but the Podence chance didn't seem that difficult 

I'd expect foxestalk to finish both of those more than 3 out of 100. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No one saying waltz back in. 

Anyone doing so is somewhat naive. 

Vardy will come back though within 10 days so that is more of a bonus in the short term. But for all we know Fofana might come back and look ready to go? It's not a foregone conclusion that he comes in and will take months to be back to his best. I have hope he will come back when the time is right and not take that long to find form. 

Quite a lot are. Idiotic delusion and as you say naive. The guy is coming back from a terrible career threatening injury. I hope he does brilliantly instantly, but realistically we need to work with and sort what we have now. That is the issue. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I don't know.

But given all the injuries our drop in form is from 5th to 12th say? Given everything that's gone on before under BR do we really say "that's it, finished". First sniff of things not going as well as we'd like and you're off, done?

If we had a fully fit squad and the season looked like this then you could certainly say its a greater worry. Should managing come with the fear that a drop in form largely governed by a freakishly injury hit squad mean you're job is finished?

We want all the good stuff yeah, but go 6 months mid table with half a team mate and you can jog on?

Clearly there are other elements to this season and defensively it's been a disaster. But where have most of the injuries come from..."the defence".

When you listen to pundits up and down the country all backing him and highlighting this you have to question if we are too attached emotionally.  We're talking time served football people simply saying get players back, realign in summer, lesta have a very good manager. 

Is that a gamble we should be risking without the chance to test whether this season is a more isolated and unfortunate one?  

It’s not a first sniff though. The first sniffs this season were Warsaw away in September 

I don’t believe you can talk about injuries using them as a defence of Rodgers  without attributing some blame TO Rodgers. 

The pundits were up in arms over us sacking Ranieri, but that turned out to be the right decision. It’s OK for the pundits- they don’t support Leicester. They don’t have to endure what we’re enduring on a weekly basis. They won’t be the ones paying to get in to watch us play Championship football in 5 years if the worst happens. 

• Like 4

It's about the here and now and 3 times running Brendan has paid the price for failing to strengthen in the Jan window. It is ok saying in a few weeks time we might have x,y and z available. We might have lost a few more times by then. Phil Jones on loan was the one we should have got in my opinion and I scratch my head wondering why the club couldn't conjur something up for his services until May. 

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

It's about the here and now and 3 times running Brendan has paid the price for failing to strengthen in the Jan window. It is ok saying in a few weeks time we might have x,y and z available. We might have lost a few more times by then. Phil Jones on loan was the one we should have got in my opinion and I scratch my head wondering why the club couldn't conjur something up for his services until May. 

Pretty sure with our injury record we wouldn’t want to take jones who has played about 2 games in the last 2 years

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s not a first sniff though. The first sniffs this season were Warsaw away in September 

I don’t believe you can talk about injuries using them as a defence of Rodgers  without attributing some blame TO Rodgers. 

The pundits were up in arms over us sacking Ranieri, but that turned out to be the right decision. It’s OK for the pundits- they don’t support Leicester. They don’t have to endure what we’re enduring on a weekly basis. They won’t be the ones paying to get in to watch us play Championship football in 5 years if the worst happens. 

Absolutely Rodgers carries a large responsibility here. When Claudio left he had a fully fit squad that had just won the Premier League and was hurtling towards the championship. This is a side that's been performing for longer and until this season has never seen an injury crisis like it.

So all I'm suggesting as I too have been critical and suggested he should go on occasions is that on reflection has he not earned the chance to manage with a largely fit squad, given what he's done so far?

There seems to be a narrative that change suddenly means everything will be sorted? If someone came in tomorrow they would only bemoan the injury situation and suggest when back we can start to see the real Lesta etc...

So what's different? Perhaps someone can come in and tighten up the defence, quite possibly.

But there's no guarantee that's at the detriment of other areas with the team suffering. We simply have no idea. But given he's delivered the clubs second highest finish twice, won an FA Cup I'd be inclined to give him some credit for now. 

It's a results driven industry but those clubs ran sensibly tend to be less volatile. I would put our club in that category. If the season looks dangerously close to unravelling at the bottom end I would guess he may go but seeing out the season in a position similar to the current one I'd be amazed if the owners don't support a summer clean up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Pretty sure with our injury record we wouldn’t want to take jones who has played about 2 games in the last 2 years

Absolutely. Solving our injury crisis by signing Phil Jones is like hiring Fred West to solve your poor PR record.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Not a chance lol 

His leadership is shot by his inability to take responsibility.... in my working life I often had to gather people around and  recognise the problems we faced and take responsibility to fix them... to be open and listen...  curious even ..

and then set out a path to resolution.  Not blaming... not moaning about events.  And take care of the team...  and let them know I had their backs. BR is unable to show leadership when in a jam. 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2