Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

His leadership is shot by his inability to take responsibility.... in my working life I often had to gather people around and  recognise the problems we faced and take responsibility to fix them... to be open and listen...  curious even ..

and then set out a path to resolution.  Not blaming... not moaning about events.  And take care of the team...  and let them know I had their backs. BR is unable to show leadership when in a jam. 

Right on brother 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

It's about the here and now and 3 times running Brendan has paid the price for failing to strengthen in the Jan window. It is ok saying in a few weeks time we might have x,y and z available. We might have lost a few more times by then. Phil Jones on loan was the one we should have got in my opinion and I scratch my head wondering why the club couldn't conjur something up for his services until May. 

Phil Jones? That player notorious for being injury-free? lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Oh ffs, I was listening live and they had a balanced bloke on alongside him who was countering this drunk's babble. Has 606 always been Talksport levels of idiot goading for soundbytes?

No, in a word.

It really has decended to, and seems to wish to compete with, Talksport.

Much preferred it way back when with Danny Baker. Heck! it was a better listen when David Mellor presented it.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

No, in a word.

It really has decended to, and seems to wish to compete with Talksport. Much preferred it way back when with Danny Baker. Heck, it a better listen when David Mellor did it.

I liked it when Baker would get people calling in to make up teams with names on some topic

26 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I don't know.

But given all the injuries our drop in form is from 5th to 12th say? Given everything that's gone on before under BR do we really say "that's it, finished". First sniff of things not going as well as we'd like and you're off, done?

If we had a fully fit squad and the season looked like this then you could certainly say its a greater worry. Should managing come with the fear that a drop in form largely governed by a freakishly injury hit squad mean you're job is finished?

We want all the good stuff yeah, but go 6 months mid table with half a team mate and you can jog on?

Clearly there are other elements to this season and defensively it's been a disaster. But where have most of the injuries come from..."the defence".

When you listen to pundits up and down the country all backing him and highlighting this you have to question if we are too attached emotionally.  We're talking time served football people simply saying get players back, realign in summer, lesta have a very good manager. 

Is that a gamble we should be risking without the chance to test whether this season is a more isolated and unfortunate one?  

It's not just 6 months or this season though is it sadly. As for the pundits, the one's that absolutely knew we weren't going to win the Premiership and followed each other like sheep, all repeating the same old lines? The one's that it would appear to merely read a brief on the manager and certain individual players repeating the same things each and every game over and over again, slavishly following a script? They don't remotely spend the same amount of time watching them as we do, getting to know what certain players can and can't do. Pundits try and build up a reputation and usually try and stick to the safest easiest most probable option. Rarely is there any real professional insight in reality. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

It would be.

I don’t understand the apparent ultimatum of ‘lose today and you’re gone’. 

One game shouldn’t define that decision. The club should look at a number of factors over the last 30 games, exclude emotion from it, and come to the decision that he has run out of ideas. 

...perhaps they have already come to that conclusion and are looking to give him one more chance!!!

You have to draw the line somewhere and you want to be sure that what you are doing is right.

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No. But the likelihood is not as high as people think. There's this stupid idea that he, Vardy, and Evans will waltz back in and transform things. As we've seen with JJ and Riccy, it does not happen quickly. So it might but experience strongly suggests otherwise. 

There's an awful lot of expectation that Vards, Evans and Wes will come riding to the rescue. 

Vardy is quite rightly a talisman for us when playing his best. But to get the absolute best he requires quick ball and the benefit of his speed to get in behind. 

For the benefit of anybody who hasn't noticed, that's not Rodgers game and I'm not sure Vardy has the legs or that they'll take much more of his high intensity style.

Evans may come back but once you start getting recurring injuries like he has recently at his age it's the beginning of the end.

That leaves poor Wes with a lot on his shoulders and after spending so long on the sidelines being brainwashed by Rodgers you just know he wont come back the same player.

It's happened to everyone who's had a stint on the touchline. 

Sh*t, not looking good then, over to you Brendan, what's plan B, cos plan A ain't working. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
31 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s very worrying that managers of Hughes’ calibre are being talked about. Speaks volumes about how much Rodgers is dragging us in the mud this season. 

That’s an interesting take on it. I’d say it’s more a case that it gives a bit of perspective when people are claiming the grass would be greener with Rodgers gone.

14 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

But given he's delivered the clubs second highest finish twice, 

So our 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes dont count then.

Oh silly me that was Div 1 so doesn't count as was not really football.

• Like 2

I thought we were the better side today. We were much better defensively than in recent games and were unfortunate to concede to two decent long-range efforts.

Yes there are things we could have done differently in hindsight, but I don't think the Wolves game is the one that signals that Rodgers should go. If anything, it's shown that we can compete against a top 4 challenger and should have won the game but for a bit of poor luck.

Performance-wise, I do think that the West Ham and Wolves games show that we're turning a corner, even though we only have a point to show for them. Football is a results-based business as we know, but if Rodgers goes now, I don't see things improving as a result. In fact, it could go completely the other way.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1