Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Still soaked from watching this bunch of ****. If you didn’t want Ridgers after seeing us get battered as the cup holders to a championship side you never will.

Today wasn’t that bad for our recent standards but we’re still a total shambles,  2 away wins all season in the league and no clean sheets lol, no organisation.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ric his legal team would have tied up a watertight contract and remember the club spent many weeks pleading with him to sign it. It will be expensive but if Top is prepared to take the hit then he will do it.

His release clause is less than £15m, nearly all manager contracts have a dismissal clause that's only a proportion of their salary. It'll be close to his release clause/ a years wages. 

Got thinking when was the last time we won away and kept a clean sheet in the league and was horrified (mostly due to how long it ended up taking me) to find  out it was over 2 years a go on New Year's Day 2020 against Newcastle when we turned them over 3-0. 

Edit: was actually 3rd Feb 2021

2-0 V Fulham. 

Edited by Collymore

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ric his legal team would have tied up a watertight contract and remember the club spent many weeks pleading with him to sign it. It will be expensive but if Top is prepared to take the hit then he will do it.

If the club were stupid enough to offer a contract like it, more fool them

The horror show of recruitment if Rodgers is kept on... We'll be swamped with mediocrity like Lookman. If we're lucky. More Vestergaards and Bertrands if we're not. 

I don't understand how people think this is only a recent thing, ffs. It's been falling off a cliff for a year and we still haven't hit bottom in a bloody, mangled wreck. We're sleepwalking into the relegation zone with our current trajectory and many of those teams are improving fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Got thinking when was the last time we won away and kept a clean sheet in the league and was horrified (mostly due to how long it ended up taking me) to find  out it was over 2 years a go on New Year's Day 2020 against Newcastle when we turned them over 3-0. 

Arsenal 1-0, Spurs 2-0? 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal 1-0, Spurs 2-0? 

Ahhh bugger. I some how skipped through a year without realising. 

It was the 3rd Feb 2021 2-0 V Fulham so just over a year a go. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has anyone ever done it? I know Brendan likes to remind people at every opportunity his Liverpool side of 2013/14 scored over 100 goals in a season but would he be quite as passionate about the reverse? Let's see where the pigs bitten you Brendan

Most goals conceded by a team who stayed up in the Premier League (since it went to 20 teams) was Wigan Athletic in 2009/10, with 79 goals conceded (this was the season they lost 9-1 to Spurs and also 8-0 to Chelsea), finishing in 16th place.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Most goals conceded by a team who stayed up in the Premier League (since it went to 20 teams) was Wigan Athletic in 2009/10, with 79 goals conceded (this was the season they lost 9-1 to Spurs and also 8-0 to Chelsea), finishing in 16th place.

To be fair our 65 is across 4/5 competitions but it's still hideous!!

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s very worrying that managers of Hughes’ calibre are being talked about. Speaks volumes about how much Rodgers is dragging us in the mud this season. 

Well it rather speaks volumes about how simple minded some “fans” of the club are 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I’m Rodgers out because we lose the same way over and over again, got schooled by Forest, missed UCL twice, and as a direct consequence have lost Tielemans and will probably lose more..

I want Rodgers out but there is *nobody* in this squad that could justifiably want the move that Youri is likely to get, and even he's been on/off for the best part of half a year. I'm not worried about losing anyone else as it stands.

1 minute ago, Langston said:

I want Rodgers out but there is *nobody* in this squad that could justifiably want the move that Youri is likely to get, and even he's been on/off for the best part of half a year. I'm not worried about losing anyone else as it stands.

Ndidi’s out of form but will come back. Kel won’t hang around to be 3rd choice in a mid-table side. Barnes and Maddison will have offers, or will have agents whispering. Ricardo’s getting back to his best. Fofana’s one of the best in the league if he can get fit without Rodgers wrecking him again.

Not that they *will* leave, but if an offer comes in in summer, there’s a lot less to keep them at a mid-table club than a team in Europe.

21 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Ndidi’s out of form but will come back. Kel won’t hang around to be 3rd choice in a mid-table side. Barnes and Maddison will have offers, or will have agents whispering. Ricardo’s getting back to his best. Fofana’s one of the best in the league if he can get fit without Rodgers wrecking him again.

Not that they *will* leave, but if an offer comes in in summer, there’s a lot less to keep them at a mid-table club than a team in Europe.

Point proven then? Wilf is brilliant but he's been crap this season, all told. Can't see many elite sides taking a punt for what we'd want and the contract he's on. Same with Barnes, same with Maddison (injury niggles). Ricardo has literally just signed a deal until 2026 that won't be bettered elsewhere unless he shows a sustained period of consistency. 

Fofana's ceiling is incredibly high, but even then he needs a good season of showing that that horrid injury hasn't slowed him down. None of the guys you've mentioned could justifiably warrant a move to a Gazprom club at the moment. They're going nowhere.

• Like 2