Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

28 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Did you only read the first part?

A lot of people at the minute are clutching at all sorts of straws for that hit of copium. 

I admire a lot of peoples determination to be optimistic and look for the positives but that list of positives is getting smaller and ever more desperate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thing is the league is so toilet it would only take a small new manager bounce lol 

That's it - new manager bounce is not a myth, it's a real thing.  I suppose there's a universe where the board decides they have a chance to recoup the compensation they'd lose by pipping a couple places in the table.  A gamble to be sure, and one I'm not sure they'd be wiling to make.

Any replacement still has to come in and manage a back line that is decimated by injuries.

The only way to do this is to turn us into a Stoke style team, or Allerdyce etc. - Low back line, midfield protecting first and foremost, defensive approach which suits likes of Amartey and Vestergaard as all they have to do is defend and hoof the ball forward.

Any manager that did that to us would be hounded out in short order by the fans

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

A lot of people at the minute are clutching at all sorts of straws for that hit of copium. 

I admire a lot of peoples determination to be optimistic and look for the positives but that list of positives is getting smaller and ever more desperate. 

Strangely, the reasons for optimism scale shows a direct correlation to the scale of expectations for a new manager!  :D

13 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Any replacement still has to come in and manage a back line that is decimated by injuries.

The only way to do this is to turn us into a Stoke style team, or Allerdyce etc. - Low back line, midfield protecting first and foremost, defensive approach which suits likes of Amartey and Vestergaard as all they have to do is defend and hoof the ball forward.

Exactly what we may need to get a result at the min. Brendan is too much of a snob to dare go there. 

It seems to me whatever happens from now on, hopefully with injured players returning,the issue of BR's future irrespective of where we eventually up will not go away.

We're constantly told to "get behind" the Club and the players but others prefer another agenda and won't be happy until this manager has gone and the next one and probably the next one after that.

If the "get behind" the Club mantra is relevant then there is no better time to do just that.

30 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That's it - new manager bounce is not a myth, it's a real thing.  I suppose there's a universe where the board decides they have a chance to recoup the compensation they'd lose by pipping a couple places in the table.  A gamble to be sure, and one I'm not sure they'd be wiling to make.

Yes it is.

Everton, WBA and Sunderland are the most notable clubs this season who have changed without success. That's without mentioning plenty of smaller football league clubs including Barnsley, Doncaster and Scunthorpe who haven't improved.

For every manager that comes in and does well there's also those that don't. 

Edited by Fox92
same club twice

17 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

If that’s what it takes to survive the rest of the season then so be it, as long as something is done to address that in the summer.

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

I might be in the minority here but I’m quite optimistic for the rest of the season, players like Barnes, Lookman, Maddison, KDH and Ricardo are all finding form, plus in the coming weeks the return of Vardy and Fofana, and our remaining home games are Leeds, Norwich, Brentford, Villa, Everton, Palace and Southampton……surely we will win a fair few of them and carry on being battered away from home !

On the other hand, if we fare well below expectations in those games then we will be in a relegation position and with some horrendous away games to come.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I want Rodgers moved on but I'll always respect him and hold him in the highest regard. 

Dont think he would respect that comment though. The mans just won you a trophy and made LCFC into top 4 potentials. One bad half of a season with essential squad players injured and you want him gone. I want you gone as a fan more like.

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I think new manager bounce only really works if it’s clear the players have given up. It could have the reverse effect on this group because they seem to be trying their hardest for BR.

There is no evidence that I know that Rodgers and the players have fallen out. I think there are plenty of questions about his tactics , but they are all highly trained footballers and probably have their own ideas on how we should play. That's the thing about the Championship team , they all sang from the same songsheet and had real focus.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Dont think he would respect that comment though. The mans just won you a trophy and made LCFC into top 4 potentials. One bad half of a season with essential squad players injured and you want him gone. I want you gone as a fan more like.

Last sentence is a bit harsh, no?

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

"The mans just won you a trophy". Yet 10 months on, where are we? It's that kind of attitude which would have had Ranieri take us down. Facts are he failed to get us top 4 twice in a row whilst in ridiculously strong positions and now we're languishing in the bottom half of the table. Thankfully our owners have more ambition than this and he'll likely be gone by the summer.

• Like 1

No League win in 2022. The pressure is mounting. It's a results business and we're letting in too many goals and losing too many games. We played well last night but we're wasteful in front of goal, and that tells you our confidence is low. Perhaps holding our nerve until the end of the season is the right thing to do. And unless we do get dragged further down the table, I think the club will persevere with him. But at the end of the season, I hope we show Rodgers the door and start a new chapter.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Simoken said:

We’re not ‘Top 4 potentials’ though

We’re more likely to get relegated this season more than we are to make Top 6, Nevermind Top 4

Why aren’t people dealing with the here and now rather than what’s gone on in the past?

Lets flip this the other way round;

Imagine in the last two seasons under Rodgers we had been as shite as this season. But this season we were absolutely flying… Would people want him sacked because of what had gone on two seasons prior? Or would you be buzzing with the current season and be willing to put all that’s gone before behind you? 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1