Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Dont think he would respect that comment though. The mans just won you a trophy and made LCFC into top 4 potentials. One bad half of a season with essential squad players injured and you want him gone. I want you gone as a fan more like.

One bad half?? lol 

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Imagine getting sacked on the premise of your defenders being shit/injured. If it was another club of our stature with Rodgers in charge we'd all be saying they're crazy. 

But his job for which he is extremely well paid is to build a squad with the depth and quality to handle that. He signed Vestergaard and Betrand, he knew Evans was experiencing injury problems regularly and had plenty of time after the Forfana injury to look at options. He also knew he had Benkovic, someone I think he signed at Celtic, and did nothing with him. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

What a crap comment. Who do you think you are to say that?  People are entitled to different opinions. 

Two way street, we had this conversation yesterday. Yes be outraged, but don`t bitch and moan when people are outraged at your outrage.

58 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't see any point in sacking Rodgers right now.  This season is a write off anyway and keeping him til the end of the season will at least save a couple of mill in compensation.

The last three games have shown improvement, at least in performances so let's see if this is going anywhere.  I really think that our season was stillborn, the moment Fofana was assaulted.  I don't think we ever recovered from the timing and the psychological blow.

I have yet to hear a replacement for Rodgers who is better and I think that keeps our powder dry.  That plus a shiny FA Cup in the bank.  The prospect of giving Rodgers a summer transfer kitty does scare me though.

The compensation won't reduce between now and the end of the season, it'll be a year's wages. There'l be a dismissal clause in there, the only tike it would effectively reduce is if he has less than the dismissal clause left in salary on his remaining contract and we could just stick him on gardening leave and pay him.

So whether we sack now or wait until the Summer will cost us the same, except he'll pick up £4m in wages and at £2m a PL place we could be worse off than if we could get an upturn in form from a new regime and pay off his compensation as a consequence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Imagine getting sacked on the premise of your defenders being shit/injured. If it was another club of our stature with Rodgers in charge we'd all be saying they're crazy. 

let's not forget the Southampton signings though. I get the feeling that it boils down to Vestergaard and Bertrand being brought in to solve this problem and they've turned out absolute ringers. Brendan deserves to at least be scrutinised.

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

In December 2018, Pochettino won his 100th Premier League match as manager of Tottenham after a late win against Burnley; he became the first Tottenham manager to reach this milestone and the third quickest Premier League manager to achieve the feat with a single club.

On 8 May 2019, Pochettino led Tottenham to their first ever Champions League/European Cup final after beating Ajax on away goals (3–3 aggregate),[4] with his side coming back from a 2–0 deficit (3–0 aggregate) at half-time in Amsterdam, only for Lucas Moura to score a second-half hat-trick.[95] The final in Madrid ended in a 2–0 defeat to Liverpool.

On 19 November 2019, Pochettino was dismissed by Tottenham Hotspur with the side placed 14th in the Premier League table, with chairman Daniel Levy citing "extremely disappointing" domestic results as the reason behind the dismissal.

not many people questioned that choice did they?? just saw him as a perenial bottle job.

Edited by Greg2607
more info.

He should have been sacked after the Nottingham Forest game. I still believe that was the sort of result that should never happen and that result will sting for a long time. To lose against Forest at the City ground in that manner as FA Cup holders is unacceptable.

I'm pleased that performances have improved and it feels like Amartey and Soyuncu are slowly getting up the the right level (still a long way off). It feels like Ricardo is getting there and Thomas is continuing to improve every game.

Tielemans seems to be slowly getting round to the fact that, as much as he wants out, he's not going to get the attraction of a Champions League team is he plays how he's been playing in December and January.

I still have massive doubts over the fact we have to do a major rebuild in the summer and Brendan's going to be leading that. The signings of Vestergaard, Bertrand and Soumare (I think the latter will get there eventually) makes me nervous. We're probably going to lose 2/3 key players in the summer and they'll have to be replaced.

Last week if you told me we'd get 1 point from West Ham and Watford i'd have told you his position would be untenable but the performances have been genuinely very good.

I think he's earned the Randers, Burnley and Leeds games. Anything outside of 3 wins and I think he's really struggling.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

but, but, I thought this was a key tenet of the Rodgers out campaign? That he was 'taking us down', 'we are in relegation form', etc, etc

The key tenet of the Rodgers out campaign is that we've gone from a side that should be knocking on the door of the top 4/6 to a side that concedes twice a game.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You can't really compare the two considering the difference in quality of squads at the start of 2018/19. Come on. 

fair enough.....

Benitez

Everton's form declined in the following months, and after a 2–1 defeat to bottom-placed Norwich City at Carrow Road, Benitez was relieved of his duties on 16 January 2022 after six-and-a-half months in charge, with Everton in 15th place, six points above the relegation zone, having lost nine of their previous 13 games

OGS

On 20 November, after losing 4–1 to Watford and conceding 15 goals in their last five league fixtures, it was reported the club's board of directors held an emergency meeting and decided to sack and part ways with Solskjær and label the departure of Solskjær as mutual consent.[On 21 November, Manchester United confirmed that Solskjær had left his role as manager. At the time of his departure, Manchester United were seventh in the Premier League table with 17 points after 12 games. 

Dean Smith

On 7 November 2021, Smith and Aston Villa parted company after a run of five straight defeats in the Premier League. Chief Executive Christian Purslow stated that the decision was made after Aston Villa had not continued to improve in the 2021–22 season as they had done in previous years.