Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because the owners don't want to/can't pay him off. 

The board would not have written up a contract which left then powerless to do anything…… this ridiculous idea that we would have made Rodgers untouchable is stupid, we are owned by savvy business people who know how to protect their best interests and assets. 

There will be a clause within his contract that protects them, as much as him…. 

If the club want Rodgers gone, he will be gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The key tenet of the Rodgers out campaign is that we've gone from a side that should be knocking on the door of the top 4/6 to a side that concedes twice a game.

But without any acknowledgement of any of the issues surrounding the club with injuries, thats my personal gripe with the out campaign. NO other side has suffered as much, yet even our own fans won`t acknowledge this, it should be front and centre, a rally point and not a reason for divison.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Need to take 15 points from 15 games to beat our tally from 2014/15 and I'm not confident that we will. 14/15 we had Garry Taylor Fletcher playing centre midfield at one point, Matthew Upson at centre half and Marc Schwarzer in goal for a significant spell.

Can't compare seasons because the league changes. We finished with 41 points in 14/15, in 14th position which was excellent given where we were for the majority of the season, but Brighton finished 16th last season with the same number of points.

If anything, the 14/15 season shows us that we can turn it around and climb up the league table.

Pearson went 13 games without a win and only won 2 games in 24, which would see a lot of managers sacked. I recall people on here wanting him sacked for that, probably the same that want Rodgers gone now, but he turned that season around and there's no reason why Rodgers can't do the same really. Given our performance yesterday the players are still clearly behind him.

We need that one win. Trouble is that one win against Liverpool was then isolated because we didn't play for nearly another month. I just wish he'd actually change formation when we're losing and not just persist with 1 up front.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Getting even sillier now. Can't compare Rodgers to a washed up Benitez who had £10m to spend, then Solskjaer who's useless and Smith who Villa wanted gone because they'd made their mind up they wanted Gerrard and would pull the trigger at any point.

For what it's worth also, none of those teams are much better off than they were under those 3 above. 

well All 3 of those teams have picked up more points than us in the last 5 games.....

Man Utd picked up 11 points... 

Everton have picked up 3

Villa have picked up 5. 

we've picked up 2 points. 

across the last 10 games.... Villa have 11 points, Man Utd have 19, and Everton have 7.  We have 9 points over the last 10 league games. 

admittedly, our fixture list hasn't necessarily been kind on those fixtures.

Don't get me wrong.... i have no crystal ball to know if things will improve. but we are blindly walking into a relegation scrap on our current form. 

Edited by Greg2607

On 20/02/2022 at 09:05, David Hankey said:

What I find absolutely amazing in all this Brendan in/out hypothetical nonsense is the fact that all those who want him gone are at complete odds with what our magnificent owners want. It will be their decision at the end of the day that counts.

Are we really saying that all the love and affection we have for the owners count for nought simply because the manager they chose is still here?

I have no idea what you trying to say here.

8 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Dont think he would respect that comment though. The mans just won you a trophy and made LCFC into top 4 potentials. One bad half of a season with essential squad players injured and you want him gone. I want you gone as a fan more like.

Top has supported BR with the best squad we have ever had. The budget figures were released this week, and we kept all of the players we wanted to keep from last season, and BR had funds to strengthen the squad. Injuries are a part of football. We have had some key injuries we all know this and this has not helped results. Knowing this we need to negate injuries through excellent recruitment, like we have in the past few seasons.

We can all guess about why we seem to have picked up an unusual amount of injuries, but we don't know why!

I have felt for a very long time (I wrote about a crisis in October 2021) that we are losing the opportunity to be an elite club, because we will be losing our elite players, as the results are not there to warrant European football. We are regressing on the pitch (Unacceptable at an club)!

This summers transfers I describe as very poor. Daka looks a good player (not that he has much service), Soumare I can only assume is adapting and is a young pro, We all hope he will come good in time, but the Defensive cover in Bertrand & Vestergaard, are 2 of the worst signings we have made as a club. Southampton who finished 23 points below is just last season, are now 5 points above us this season, a swing of 27 points in 2/3's of a season. If we were offered £15 million transfer fee, and to rid us of Vestergaard's wages now... you would be foolish not to accept the deal, hence you would agree this has been a poor signing?

I have listened to players who have been managed by Rodgers previously, they speak of an excellent coach and detailed tactician, but an unusual character, not that this is always a bad thing.

Is he a good manager? Or is he just a great coach? Can he inspire like a Clough, Mourinho, O'Neill or Wilder, who all at some point, over achieved with the resources they had, unlike Rodgers.

If you consider what actually took us to finishing 5th, was it making players better through coaching? or was it fabulous recruitment of players? I'd argue strongly it was the latter. The 1st team were coached well I cant really argue that overall with x2 5th finishes, we could have finished 3rd or 4th if injuries had not effected our teams at the end of the last 2 seasons, but they did! So recruitment had to be spot on, but it wasn't. The passage of time has moved on Morgan & Fuchs, and Evans is clearly struggling. So this compounds the x2 Southampton signings, as they were vital to get right.

This has also not helped out a Key player in Soyuncu who for what ever reason, has been in poor form, he is not a commanding Centre Half, but a very talented technical player. This leaves us reliant on Amartey, Vestergaard, Riccardo, Thomas, Castagne & Bertrand  to command the aerial duels, which they do not at Premier League level. Hence we have the worst record in the league, conceding goals from crosses. We are too soft, we have been for ages, even with our better players, this is an issue which has been ignored for such a long time it is now a chronic issue, which leads me to question his tactical knowledge in defensive situations.

I believe in an ideal Rodgers world, you can have football played in a manner demonstrated in the 2nd half against Randers. Domination of the ball, which when you have or can create time & space will lead to chances created. The issue is, in this demonstration, we were playing against a team with at best a mid table 3rd division (league 1) budget, with 3rd division ability players, so we have possession & chances through greater quality. So its easy to be right with this example. However, when you need to create at Premier League level, you cant have it all your own way! His inability to recognise this is his major hamstring, it will cost the club its progress, and will cost BR his job.

It is not as simple as 1 bad half season, you sound like a TV or radio pundit, who hasn't been paying attention. Have you bought into the Rodgers myth perpetuated by the Media? I mean how difficult is it to win the Scottish Premier League as Celtic Manager, when Rangers were not a force? He didn't win the League at Liverpool, because they simply couldn't defend!

It also isn't for me to say what opinions are or are not allowed on a fans forum, @simoken was not being disrespectful, you have been with your "gone" comment.

We are Losing! We are underachieving considering all the resources Rodgers has been given, Is he a great manager?  Watching us under Rodgers remind me of this quote: 

"They came on in the same old way, and we defeated them in the same old way."

-Field Marshall Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, 1815 (After defeating Napoleon at Waterloo)

Rodgers OUT!:chant:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

well All 3 of those teams have picked up more points than us in the last 5 games.....

Man Utd picked up 11 points... 

Everton have picked up 3

Villa have picked up 5. 

we've picked up 2 points. 

admittedly, our fixture list hasn't necessarily been kind on those fixtures.

Don't get me wrong.... i have no crystal ball to know if things will improve. but we are blindly walking into a relegation scrap on our current form. 

But you are setting your own boundaries and critieria which fit the judgement you wish to make

So I will have a go at that, so in the last 5 years

Man Utd have won no trophies

Everton have won no trophies

Villa have won no trophies

Lets check how we did....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But without any acknowledgement of any of the issues surrounding the club with injuries, thats my personal gripe with the out campaign. NO other side has suffered as much, yet even our own fans won`t acknowledge this, it should be front and centre, a rally point and not a reason for divison.

I think every single fan acknowledges that our injury record under Rodgers has been horrific.

To the point where I think there are valid questions that need to be asked of his training methods and rest periods.

Lets not also point out that in the January window we decided to stick with what we have as opposed to signing depth.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

I think every single fan acknowledges that our injury record under Rodgers has been horrific.

To the point where I think there are valid questions that need to be asked of his training methods and rest periods.

Lets not also point out that in the January window we decided to stick with what we have as opposed to signing depth.

Ok, but how is that on Rodgers? I always suspected that Rodgers would be crying like a little kid about no signings.

Training and rest schedules absolutely should be scrutinised, not sure how as external folks we can do this though.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But you are setting your own boundaries and critieria which fit the judgement you wish to make

So I will have a go at that, so in the last 5 years

Man Utd have won no trophies

Everton have won no trophies

Villa have won no trophies

Lets check how we did....

oh I can help you with that. We've Won the FA Cup in 2021 and Community Shield in 2022. 

but that doesn't mean we can simply ignore our regression or ask questions around whether Rodgers is the right man to take us forward. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, but how is that on Rodgers? I always suspected that Rodgers would be crying like a little kid about no signings.

Training and rest schedules absolutely should be scrutinised, not sure how as external folks we can do this though.

Its on Rodgers because he spaffed 15 million on a player he doesnt play during our worst ever defensive injury crisis. I imagine theres a mixture of lack of money and a concern that if funds were released they would be wasted.

Just now, Greg2607 said:

oh I can help you with that. We've Won the FA Cup in 2021 and Community Shield in 2022. 

but that doesn't mean we can simply ignore our regression or ask questions around whether Rodgers is the right man to take us forward. 

Absolutely! I agree with that, and we should judge him on how he is doing now, but the scope of the judgement cannot be 5 games, yes we have been sickeningly poor for some time, a lot of which I attribute to injuries, alot to defensive horrors. He gets a little more time for me as I do not believe we will go down.

Just now, Dames said:

Its on Rodgers spaffed 15 million on a player he doesnt play during our worst ever defensive injury crisis. I imagine theres a mixture of lack of money and a concern that if funds were released they would be wasted.

So he should be sacked for insisting on the signing of Vestergaard? And perhaps Bertrand?

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The compensation won't reduce between now and the end of the season, it'll be a year's wages. There'l be a dismissal clause in there, the only tike it would effectively reduce is if he has less than the dismissal clause left in salary on his remaining contract and we could just stick him on gardening leave and pay him.

So whether we sack now or wait until the Summer will cost us the same, except he'll pick up £4m in wages and at £2m a PL place we could be worse off than if we could get an upturn in form from a new regime and pay off his compensation as a consequence. 

OK, didn't realise it worked like that.

I thought we played very well yesterday and deserved something.   This despite Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Harvey, Timmy and JJ being unavailable for selection.    Notwithstanding the circumstances of ´some´ of the injuries and may be the training methods need a review,  BR has been severly handicapped for most of this season with injuries.   I still believe we will turn the corner soon.   Pulling the trigger know and we could end up with Big Sam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Dont think he would respect that comment though. The mans just won you a trophy and made LCFC into top 4 potentials. One bad half of a season with essential squad players injured and you want him gone. I want you gone as a fan more like.

Have you forgotten the turgid football of last season so quickly?

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

AND HE CAAAAME IN LIKE A RUDKINBALL

Come on Jon, do the business! Get him gone.

Lost all hope, if we were going to do it, it would’ve been last night. 
I’m surprised but I think he’s going to get time for the injuries to come back (and get overplayed and injured again) before we do anything.