Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Seriously what did they have? 3 shots from distance and we concede 2; they rode their luck. We look vulnerable on set pieces obviously, but managed to defend everything.

Football results are on goals scored vs goals against, passes, possession are less important.

To me they were the better team, much more solid and organised at the back and very clinical in their attacks.  Similar to us in title season.  Or maybe we rode our luck that season in your view?

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So he should be sacked for insisting on the signing of Vestergaard? And perhaps Bertrand?

Not for that sole reason no. But it shows that his decisions are costing us and its not all down to bad luck. 

• Like 1

Yesterday didn't change my opinion one way or another. Having lots of possession and creating chances hasn't been the problem this season. The problem has been defending, set-pieces and a general lack of aggression and concentration. All of those weaknesses were still there yesterday and ultimately contributed to us losing the match, despite controlling large parts of the game and creating better chances than Wolves.

The only way I'll start to think that he can turn things around is if we start improving in those weak areas. Burnley will be a big test of that due to their style of play.

The fact he was visibly buoyed by the performance yesterday makes me fear even more that he won't be able to turn this around. For me he values 'control' far too much and I don't see that changing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brendan in,

you lot have got the anti brendan goggles on so tight they are cutting off the circulationto your brains. 

There is clear improvement game on game recently 2nd half v West ham and full game against wolves were very good. 

We have key players back soon he is going to turn this round. 

But we could argue you’ve got your Brendan in goggles on so tight, that you fail to see the appalling mismanagement, lack of tactical flexibility and inability to learn from mistakes.

As well as being stubborn, and be quite happy to throw the team and players under the bus to save face. 

Brendan is close to treading water in quick sand, lose to Burnley and he’s going under. 

If we can't even win when we play well it's very worrying. Think his nine lives are up tbh. Wanted him to turn it around but now just hoping we don't get into the relegation battle and that we go our seperate waystat the end  of the year. 

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brendan in,

you lot have got the anti brendan goggles on so tight they are cutting off the circulationto your brains. 

There is clear improvement game on game recently 2nd half v West ham and full game against wolves were very good. 

We have key players back soon he is going to turn this round. 

Not sure if anybody has told you, but we lost.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Two way street, we had this conversation yesterday. Yes be outraged, but don`t bitch and moan when people are outraged at your outrage.

You happy to defend that comment then. Have a look again I suggest. Has anyone told you to get gone as a fan because you have different opinion? I certainly haven't. 

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I've sat on the fence with getting rid of Rodgers, but these splinters are starting to hurt.  I always thought the club would wait until the end of the season and then assess, but I think it will be the Burnley & Leeds games that will decide his fate. 

Burnley will beat us up and steal our dinner money. Leeds might save him, for a bit. They are even more of a shambles than we are.

15 minutes ago, Flappit said:

"Just wait 'til Evans is back"
"Just wait until Justin is back"
"Just wait until Castagne is back"
"Just wait until Ricardo is back"

We did. Nothing changed. We still conceded stupid goals. Lots of them.

"Just wait until Fofana is back"
He nearly is.

"Just wait until Vardy is back" (ignoring he's close to football pension age)

What if it doesn't change?

"Give it a few more games, they're not match fit". 

What if we are in the bottom 3 by then?

We had all this with Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. Loads of us could see the wheels had come off, but the "real fans" told us we were reactionary, etc. and knew nothing about football.  No-one can predict the future, but you can use history to learn from and you can also look at impending disaster when it's looming large. If you can't see HMS Leicester City adrift without power and the wind is blowing her onto the rocks then you're deluded. We need to get rid of the Captain who is standing on the deck proclaiming that he knows best, etc. and get in one who knows how to restart the engine before we're too far gone to change course. 

👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Burnley will beat us up and steal our dinner money. Leeds might save him, for a bit. They are even more of a shambles than we are.

Leeds will probably take us to the cleaners in all fairness. 

Burnley will 100% beat us. Their only strength is our major weakness. We will probably concede from every set piece………

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Leeds might save him, for a bit. They are even more of a shambles than we are.

In some ways Leeds are like us ,they have a cavalier approach to games and can be dangerous in attack but are disorganised defensively. Its entertaining to watch but rarely gets the job done. In general in football the roundheads usually win