Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Flappit said:

"Just wait 'til Evans is back"
"Just wait until Justin is back"
"Just wait until Castagne is back"
"Just wait until Ricardo is back"

We did. Nothing changed. We still conceded stupid goals. Lots of them.

"Just wait until Fofana is back"
He nearly is.

"Just wait until Vardy is back" (ignoring he's close to football pension age)

What if it doesn't change?

"Give it a few more games, they're not match fit". 

What if we are in the bottom 3 by then?

We had all this with Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. Loads of us could see the wheels had come off, but the "real fans" told us we were reactionary, etc. and knew nothing about football.  No-one can predict the future, but you can use history to learn from and you can also look at impending disaster when it's looming large. If you can't see HMS Leicester City adrift without power and the wind is blowing her onto the rocks then you're deluded. We need to get rid of the Captain who is standing on the deck proclaiming that he knows best, etc. and get in one who knows how to restart the engine before we're too far gone to change course. 

I was going to make a similar comment…

We’ve all been football fans long enough to see when things are going south. How many times have we been here over the years “just wait until we’re back to full strength and we will be fine”…. The lack of confidence is streaming through the entire squad, yes the performance isn’t always awful, but, we’re stuck in a losing rut.

What makes me convinced Rodgers is done, is every time we’ve been on a rancid run of form, for which there’s been two….. project restart was a horror show, as was the end to last season masked by the FA cup win.

It is quite clear, that Rodgers is incapable of turning around bad runs of form without a break in the season. 

The only thing that could save him is the ECL, and three worse teams than us, we’re that bad at the moment. 

There’s a collective issue at the moment, and I don’t think the return of a inexperienced defender, whom has recovering from a horrific injury, will solve our defensive problems, our defensive issues are a coaching problem that the gaffer can’t solve. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brendan in,

you lot have got the anti brendan goggles on so tight they are cutting off the circulationto your brains. 

There is clear improvement game on game recently 2nd half v West ham and full game against wolves were very good. 

We have key players back soon he is going to turn this round. 

"Very good" is such a big over exaggeration. We were the better team both times and it was a big improvement on previous performances but let's get this right, we weren't "very good". 

We moved the ball a little quicker and showed a bit of fight but we were still very poor defensively and offer zero threat from set plays. 

15 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You happy to defend that comment then. Have a look again I suggest. Has anyone told you to get gone as a fan because you have different opinion? I certainly haven't. 

Did I tell you to get gone as a fan? I hope not, sincere apologies if so. Does not answer my question either way.

No one can deny this season has been miserable.  Seven league wins, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on regular occasions, meekly dumped out of the Europa League, a defence like drunken sailors, several players not recovering pre injury form and humiliation on top of misery, battered by Championship Forest in the cup.

I can understand a lot of people losing patience, but among all the clamour to sack Rodgers I don't hear anyone putting forward a plan or a successor.  In the absence of any better suggestions, I think we go all out for the conference league thingy and write off the league campaign.  We need a reset.  Make sure that we start next season with Rodgers and a fully fit squad.  I think that we will repent at leisure if we see Rodgers tearing it up with Villa or someone while we're struggling with the usual merry-go-round managers, Everton.style.  

If there is no improvement next season, then off he goes and no one can say that Rodgers was not given every chance.  I do think that the owners were stung by the criticism from sacking Ranieri (correct decision imo) and they will get it again for sacking Rodgers.  Whatever you do, don't win a trophy for Leicester!

Just don't let him near the transfer kitty!

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Everyone can stop their ****ing whining now.

I can see why both injuries and recruitment could lead to a bad run of form. I’m behind him still, not moved into the out box yet. The last 3 performances have given me hope that he can get things going again, I think the players still trust him 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Very odd reasoning. The manager holds some responsibility for injuries and the recruitment "starts and finishes" with him.

I wouldn't read too much into that though. They clearly aren't going to sack him over the next couple of weeks, but if we creep closer to the relegation zone, and/or the players or fans really turn, then they may have no choice unfortunately.

On 14/02/2022 at 08:41, snoopy87 said:

Said it for a coupe of weeks now, give him the summer with a transfer kitty, and this goes full Peter Taylor again.

It scares the life out of me

This is our future if Percy is correct and Brendan has the backing of the board. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can see why both injuries and recruitment could lead to a bad run of form. I’m behind him still, not moved into the out box yet. The last 3 performances have given me hope that he can get things going again 

Forget injuries and recruitment.

Rodgers' leadership is pants

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Did you only read the first part?

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

But what it shows is that we’re defending better, and other teams are just being clinical

Thanks for answering …..it’s too easy to just have a narrow viewpoint 

we have issues at the back - they are obvious. But over the past three halves of PL games, we seem to look more like our old selves and that’s not with the Kevin keegan newcastle type basketball approach we have had nov, dec and into Jan. (in most games).  we’ve looked more solid at the back which is reflected in those Xg stats. 

our next game is away at Burnley - past two seasons when we’ve been starting our descent into poor late season form, we’ve been beaten there by the odd goal and drawn.  Why would we expect to go there this season and win with what will still be third and fourth choice CB’s. 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Also remember that the board gave Ranieri their "unwavering support" a couple of weeks before sacking him.

Claudio lost the playing staff with his strange calls at Sevilla 

And we continued to be dire in the prem, unable to even score, after the board backing 

if the players look like they’ve downed tools and we stop playing ok, dropping ever closer to trouble, then the board will indeed act. 

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the US version of The Office, but I think Rodgers just has an ability to talk people into believing anything, much like Robert California. I'm expecting to see Top and Rudkin stepping down and Rodgers being named as Chairman, Manager and DOF lol

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So if it’s to do with recruitment has Lee got the chop or did he ever get that Atalanta job? 

“The club’s current head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton is set to join Atalanta in Serie A when he receives his work visa, and Rodgers will be consulted over hiring a replacement.“

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1