Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Claudio lost the playing staff with his strange calls at Sevilla 

And we continued to be dire in the prem, unable to even score, after the board backing 

if the players look like they’ve downed tools and we stop playing ok, dropping ever closer to trouble, then the board will indeed act. 

Yeah once the players lose faith then you have no choice to pull the trigger, the reason I backed Pearson even when we were rock bottom was I could see the players still believed in him, with Ranieri and Puel that wasn’t the case. 

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did I tell you to get gone as a fan? I hope not, sincere apologies if so. Does not answer my question either way.

Not you but another poster suggested that posters who wanted Rodgers out should get gone as a fan. Your previous post seems to suggest you supported that view. If I have misconstrued that, apologies. At the end of the day, the issue shows the passion fans have for the club but noone should telling others with different views they should 'get gone' as a fan.

Anyway, what question? 😊

With funds expected to be limited this summer due to the impact of Covid-19 on finances, Leicester know that recruitment ahead of next season will be crucial.

The club’s current head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton is set to join Atalanta in Serie A when he receives his work visa, and Rodgers will be consulted over hiring a replacement.

Buzzing. No money to spend and Rodgers basically picking Congertons replacement :S

• Haha 1

Been really pissed off after the West Ham game...I've been Roger's out.

I can't be asked now to every week get frustrated with Brendan it's all to tiring, my mind gone flat.

Let's wait till summer for a change.

Brendan says he learnt from his mistakes and is willing to change his stubborn ways and let's see what can do for Leicester in the games till the season finishes.

Maybe he got ManU lined up in the summer...that's why he isn't to concerned judging by his post match interviews (he still looks happy)

Ideal candidates in the summer should be.

1. Diego Martinez

2. Arne Slot

3. Steve Cooper 

4. Xabi Alonso 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

“The club’s current head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton is set to join Atalanta in Serie A when he receives his work visa, and Rodgers will be consulted over hiring a replacement.”

is that a new update?

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Everyone can stop their ****ing whining now.

Does a "slump in form" still count as a "slump in form" if the "slump" lasts 18+ months? 

I'm Rodgers in, but I'm not sure "slump" quite does it justice. 

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

No one can deny this season has been miserable.  Seven league wins, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on regular occasions, meekly dumped out of the Europa League, a defence like drunken sailors, several players not recovering pre injury form and humiliation on top of misery, battered by Championship Forest in the cup.

I can understand a lot of people losing patience, but among all the clamour to sack Rodgers I don't hear anyone putting forward a plan or a successor.  In the absence of any better suggestions, I think we go all out for the conference league thingy and write off the league campaign.  We need a reset.  Make sure that we start next season with Rodgers and a fully fit squad.  I think that we will repent at leisure if we see Rodgers tearing it up with Villa or someone while we're struggling with the usual merry-go-round managers, Everton.style.  

If there is no improvement next season, then off he goes and no one can say that Rodgers was not given every chance.  I do think that the owners were stung by the criticism from sacking Ranieri (correct decision imo) and they will get it again for sacking Rodgers.  Whatever you do, don't win a trophy for Leicester!

Just don't let him near the transfer kitty!

That my friend is exactly what should and will happen…I have seen nothing in the last three matches to suggest he has lost the dressing room..in fact they look on it…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Not you but another poster suggested that posters who wanted Rodgers out should get gone as a fan. Your previous post seems to suggest you supported that view. If I have misconstrued that, apologies. At the end of the day, the issue shows the passion fans have for the club but noone should telling others with different views they should 'get gone' as a fan.

Anyway, what question? 😊

:D I think we can just leave it here, you have a good one and get ready for the next Rodgers master class :thumbup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Also remember that the board gave Ranieri their "unwavering support" a couple of weeks before sacking him.

Ultimately that's what it will come down to. As soon as we get drawn into a relegation battle, that's when the trigger will get pulled, otherwise he'll be kept on for next season. Tops comments last week certainly show he's keeping a close eye on things. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yesss the dreaded vote of confidence. Not long now.

the club is run along different lines to the way Doug Ellis and his ilk of owner used to operate with the vote of confidence being code to draw up his P45 - if the club have supplied information that there are no plans to fire the manager I would expect that to  reflect they way they are thinking and will act in accordance. Lose the next 5/6 on the trot and that might change of course 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Based on the improved performances and team spirit I'm Rodgers in for now.  We desperately need some luck.  On another day Kasper saves the first wolves goal and the second is given offside, on another day Dawson goal is disallowed but when your luck is down then you end up in a position like where we are.

Defence has been super crap this season though and just when we don't concede from a set piece we fail to close down the edge of the box. Twice.

The second wolves goal would never be given offside. Jiminez is nowhere near the ball, doesn't make a move to it, and is behind Soyuncu, who would be blocking Schmeichels view anyway if you want to talk keepers eye line. As for Kasper saving the first, that's one of his big weaknesses. He's got absolutely outstanding reflexes, but dealing with long range shots, particularly from set pieces (yes, I'm aware it wasn't from a set piece yesterday) has always been a glaring issue

• Like 2

Ok, so if poor recruitment has been identified as one of the major causing factors to a poor season then what is going to be done to address it? 

Injuries are injuries, sometimes they are just unavoidable but signing shit players is avoidable and if that is an issue then we need to look at who or what is responsible for it, ESPECIALLY if funds will be tight this year. 

I remember reading that shortlists are compiled by a 3 man team of Rudkin, Rodgers and Congerton and then it's left up to the board. We need to look at that and make sure it's working before the summer but I have a feeling we will lay all the blame at Congertons door as he's on his way out and carry on as normal which is worrying. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Does a "slump in form" still count as a "slump in form" if the "slump" lasts 18+ months? 

I'm Rodgers in, but I'm not sure "slump" quite does it justice. 

18+ months? We weren’t crap in September last season. Up until February/March time we were great.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can see why both injuries and recruitment could lead to a bad run of form. I’m behind him still, not moved into the out box yet. The last 3 performances have given me hope that he can get things going again, I think the players still trust him 

bit of a swipe with reference to recruitment though - presumably the missing word is "poor". I believe BR can turn things round given the return of some of our key first teamers but I certainly wouldn't entrust him with the transfer kitty and I would expect close oversight on new signings in the summer., I'm pretty sure that the owner and Rudkin  wont stand for another splurge on a load of duffers  .  

A very interesting discussion this.

What I'll say is that if we do get rid & a new manager comes in, how will he improve our basic weaknesses. We are a team of lightweight midgets, so how can he get our defenders to head the ball against blokes who are 4 inches taller & much more powerful. He can't, so I don't see how that will change. The same applies to when we have attacking options. Unless he can produce a miracle & get our players to grow in the next week or turn our 6' 7" defender into someone who can head the ball. This set piece problem has been with us for months, even when Evans, Fofana etc were playing.

A new man could try to change our formation & style of play & that could help. However he will be unable to sign any players to help with this so his options will be very limited. 

Any new manager would find a group of players who are very weak physically & very frail mentally. He could do nothing about the former, but may be able to improve the latter, although it would take time.

Anyone that thinks we are not in trouble is foolish. We only have 27 points, have just had 2 good performances but only picked up 1 point. We should never have lost yesterday, but you knew we would. Can we get sufficient points from the next 15 games to see us safe? Well we should be able to but we have some tough games left, especially away, and cannot keep a clean sheet which makes things very difficult & we have developed this terrible habit of not winning games that we should. 

Brendan wants us to be Man City & he wants to be Pep, but both scenarios are failing. I think we do need a fresh outlook & players to give us an alternative way to play & I don't think that will happen under Brendan. I can't see the point in changing now for the reasons above but at the end of the season, who knows