Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Football results are on goals scored vs goals against, passes, possession are less important.

To me they were the better team, much more solid and organised at the back and very clinical in their attacks.  Similar to us in title season.  Or maybe we rode our luck that season in your view?

Completely agreed. Well done to Wolves to take 2 of the very few chances we limited them to. But I honestly think our performance yesterday was really good and was impressed with how little we managed to limit them to, which makes it frustrating that they were so clinical. But that happens. Thought Tielemans and Maddison both had better openings than the ones Wolves scored from, but thats football.

Of course we rode our luck at times in our title season. Just an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRSCzAlIfY

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

a) I don't think they are that bad - I still see a side that plays some very good football and scores goals, doesn't necessarily defend that bad as a collective in open play and presses the game well, but is let down due to set piece organisation and individual errors. 

b) They might not necessarily be solved by him, I can't say for definite, but I'm pretty sure they will be, just not with this back line. I think it has a lot more to do with the players available than Rodgers, although he does need to sort set-pieces out, but we seem to very slowly be getting a bit better. Again, don't think this will be resolved until players change - we need a commanding centre half. 

You're right the defensive problems have been there all season, but we've never had a decent 4 available, there's always been at least 1 obvious weak link in there. Amartey and Thomas have both had spells of good form/individual games but neither should be 1st choice in their position. If we as fans were asked where we'd finish with those two playing as many games as they have done this season, where would we expect to finish? Probably slightly higher, but not much. 

You may well be right that there's something going wrong in terms of process when it comes to managing injuries but without knowing all the ins and outs, I tend to attribute bad luck to a lot of it too. In reality it's probably 50/50 split on both. I understand your and other fans frustrations as it annoys me too that loads of lads are constantly missing, but I'm sure the club are assessing why and how there have been so many injuries and will be having regular conversations on how to address it. 

Not thinking it's that bad when our defensive stats are worse than any team since these stats were done including shocking teams like Villa in 2015/16, Norwich etc is deeply perturbing. We've conceded 65 goals already this season and are on course for conceding around 100 which is just beyond words.

I always assumed people can only take so much in life before they snap but if there's one thing that the pandemic has taught me is that certain people will toe the party line whatever, it reminds me of the toad theory. You put a toad in a pan of boiling water and it will go berserk and jump out seething. However, you put a toad in a pan of cold water and gently bring it to the boil and it'll happily sit in it until it boils to death.

• Like 3

The Premier League season is a dud and the board knows it. 

We'll finish mid-table and he'll be allowed to rebuild in the summer. 

I think a lot rides on the ECL performance. A team such as ours should be getting to the latter stages. Get dumped out unceremoniously by a doggo outfit and they'll pull the trigger. 

That will be one embarrassment too far. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not thinking it's that bad when our defensive stats are worse than any team since these stats were done including shocking teams like Villa in 2015/16, Norwich etc is deeply perturbing. We've conceded 65 goals already this season and are on course for conceding around 100 which is just beyond words.

I always assumed people can only take so much in life before they snap but if there's one thing that the pandemic has taught me is that certain people will toe the party line whatever, it reminds me of the toad theory. You put a toad in a pan of boiling water and it will go berserk and jump out seething. However, you put a toad in a pan of cold water and gently bring it to the boil and it'll happily sit in it until it boils to death.

I feeling like the toad😂 kind of given up wanting Brendan out now, grudgingly have to except it's not going to happen and give him until the end of the season and then go for a change in the summer

• Haha 1

I think that article basically chimes with what I thought anyway, in that he's clearly backed and he'll be here until the end of the season (unless we genuinely get pulled into a relegation dogfight) and he'll also be given the chance to rebuild in the summer. I think that this is a more pertinent question to ask, is Rodgers is the right man to oversee the rebuild that we undoubtedly need in the summer?

I'm thinking of some key players who are approaching the end of their time with us. We've got Vardy, Schmeichel and Evans, for instance, who are all leaders but are getting older and are on a downward trajectory. We also have Tielemans, probably our best player, who's clearly off. Whoever the manager is, will have some big calls to make that could define our progress over the next few years. 

I think as it stands the club are praying he turns it around but that can and will change quickly if we keep losing. It's probably a good thing we've got a few away games and not home games as it could get very ugly and will make it very uncomfortable.

From what I've been told there's already friction between Rudkin and Rodgers, obviously the car salesman has been blaming all and sundry for everything and then demanding all sorts to fix it which Rudkin isn't having. Will be a fascinating battle in the coming weeks.

It looks like Congerton has taken the fall already and that this new medical route we've gone down is being changed as well so so far he's managed to talk himself out of any blame and thrown plenty under the bus. What a man 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Is this the classic confidence vote that normally signifies a manager is close to the end? Or is this an actual vote of confidence? 

I am pretty sure we had an article from Percy similar to when Puel was in charge and Ranieri also.

• Thanks 1

The Forest result was the final nail in the coffin for me, I just can't seem to forgive or forget that. Rodgers out for me, he's had plenty of time to turn this around and it just isn't happening. He can't use the volume of injuries as an excuse because he is partly to blame for them at the very least. Injuries were never a problem until Rodgers came along and sacked Rennie, it simply can't be a coincidence. Get Diego Martinez or Graham Potter in, enough is enough. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I am pretty sure we had an article from Percy similar to when Puel was in charge and Ranieri also.

Percy was out for Puel for months, but definitely with Ranieri. The club desperately wanted Ranieri to turn it around, it was never going to be nice seeing the man who led us to the unthinkable be binned inside 9 months but very quickly it worsened after Xmas. In some way we're seeing similar now as back then and the final few months of Puel.

In fact didn't we have more wins in both seasons? 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Lineker said that yesterday was typical of our season…

‘Comfortably the better side’ … I think we’ve been comfortably the better side 3 times this season 😂

Obviously doesn't watch us does he? Was he one of these morons that said Ranieri should have had a job for life?

26 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The Premier League season is a dud and the board knows it. 

We'll finish mid-table and he'll be allowed to rebuild in the summer. 

I think a lot rides on the ECL performance. A team such as ours should be getting to the latter stages. Get dumped out unceremoniously by a doggo outfit and they'll pull the trigger. 

That will be one embarrassment too far. 

Agree with this. Win in Europe he'll get the summer and beyond. Get knocked out and he's gone. 

• Like 1