Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rudkin was instrumental in getting Rodgers onboard, and had identified him a long time before he came here. It was rumoured he had been sounded out as early as the summer before he joined, but that he wanted to have one more season with Celtic first to get the 10 in a row. Obviously Puel stank the place out and Top forced his hand, being prepared to pay more to get the man Rudkin had identified in early. So there probably is a lot of respect and even friendship between the two. Rodgers had been spotted looking at potential houses in the area around Christmas time 2017.

At the moment it does feel very Puel-esque, though the players are 100% still playing for Rodgers. Problem is they might need a new manager to give them a kick up the arse that is needed.

Rodgers 21/22 Performance is worse than 18/19 Puel (Puel's stats below, rodgers is further up the page before) 

so if it feels a bit Puel. It's because it is, although, under arguably, much more difficult circumstances (whether of his own making or not)

Season

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

PPG

Win %

18/19

17/18

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

That’s an interesting take on it. I’d say it’s more a case that it gives a bit of perspective when people are claiming the grass would be greener with Rodgers gone.

...I do not know who made the comment about Mark Hughes coming in but it certainly was not someone up to date with current football!!!

Look at what other clubs has brought in and the success that they have brought so far to teams. There are better managers out there who are so much more superior to Mark Hughes that I would place the state as sarcasm as opposed to having any realistic substance.

Frankly the comment is embarrassing, once again an attempt to ridicule our club.

What concerns me with all of this is that assuming he miraculously turns this situation around he'll show Top and the board absolutely no loyalty whatsoever when the next big 6 club comes knocking on the door. I very much doubt any loyalty shown by the club now will be reciprocated downstream. As such I really don't see the point in persisting with him given current form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not thinking it's that bad when our defensive stats are worse than any team since these stats were done including shocking teams like Villa in 2015/16, Norwich etc is deeply perturbing. We've conceded 65 goals already this season and are on course for conceding around 100 which is just beyond words.

I always assumed people can only take so much in life before they snap but if there's one thing that the pandemic has taught me is that certain people will toe the party line whatever, it reminds me of the toad theory. You put a toad in a pan of boiling water and it will go berserk and jump out seething. However, you put a toad in a pan of cold water and gently bring it to the boil and it'll happily sit in it until it boils to death.

Weren't Swindon the only club to concede 100 goals in a Premier League season? That is one helluva embarrassing record to hold :blush:

I don't believe it is a vote of confidence, always felt if he had the backing of the players he'd stay with the credit in the bank. All about results now, has to get us winning by hook or by crook.

The club do seem set on this idea of Rodgers being a long term man.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

What concerns me with all of this is that assuming he miraculously turns this situation around he'll show Top and the board absolutely no loyalty whatsoever when the next big 6 club comes knocking on the door. I very much doubt any loyalty shown by the club now will be reciprocated downstream. As such I really don't see the point in persisting with him given current form. 

Absolutely no chance he gets a big 6 job straight after this one now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

2A44EE5E-9E4F-4024-9438-161D211B3668.png.336e4f936c5017fa9cce9f93b1c40677.png

Points towards defensive injuries crucifying us doesn't it. we are scoring not far off the same per match..... worryingly though.... GPG conceded has been consistently creeping up before the floodgates have opened... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

And to think in the 19/20 season we had played 16 won 12 drawn 2 lost 2 at the start.  That's a sickening slump.

Imagine going 12-2-2 for 16 games

Then 6-6-10 for the remaining 22.  Jesus christ.

i'm sure people will find a way to justify it.  injuries / too many breaks etc.

I still reckon he will leave, maybe both parties are hoping for an amicable parting of the ways, Rodgers is ambitious and cannot afford a sacking at this stage in his career as it will set back any hope he has to take on an elite club. It is also in the clubs interests to have a decent finish to the season in the hope a club come in and pay his release clause and we have no pay out so all happy. This leak to the press could be a clever piece of PR by the club to protect his reputation. Similar to how Pearson was manoeuvred out to join Hull 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

For me, the injury excuse is only valid for as long as the effects of the condensed seasons existed plus a little extra. That is well and truly over after this seasons conclusion, and if its continues into next season without a reasonable explanation then he should absolutely go on those grounds alone.

It happens next season as well with the Qatar World Cup in the middle of it 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ask the same Celtic fans about their European performances and their injuries. 

Not saying he didn’t do a great job there because he did, but the League and Cup wins in Scotland were when they had the easiest opponents (not saying it isnt hard to do though). Most were gutted he left because they wanted him to bring home the 10. 

But they're still terrible in Europe.  They've been dumped  out of three European competitions. this year alone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not thinking it's that bad when our defensive stats are worse than any team since these stats were done including shocking teams like Villa in 2015/16, Norwich etc is deeply perturbing. We've conceded 65 goals already this season and are on course for conceding around 100 which is just beyond words.

I always assumed people can only take so much in life before they snap but if there's one thing that the pandemic has taught me is that certain people will toe the party line whatever, it reminds me of the toad theory. You put a toad in a pan of boiling water and it will go berserk and jump out seething. However, you put a toad in a pan of cold water and gently bring it to the boil and it'll happily sit in it until it boils to death.

The trouble is, this toad doesn't see anywhere better to jump to.

If someone can come up with a plan and a successor that is better than giving Rodgers a fresh start with a fit squad next year, I might be on board.  All I hear is a clamour to sack him with no thought beyond that.