Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is not the guy to rebuild the squad (- I have ranted about his lack of leadership before).    But in reality Top has to decide who to go for... it would be crazy to fire Rodgers without having a new guy ready.  I hope he is lining someone up right now.

If a player says he is good to go, and the medical staff concur, wouldn’t any manager go with their opinion? These are athletes who are professional….not sure the tackle on Ricardo that broke his leg had very much to with rushing him back, albeit in chilly conditions, other than a scandalous over the top tackle….

If the staff and the player tell him they are good to go, I can hear it now, why didn’t he play him…..particularly on here at the current time….it is also really evident, Barnes, Justin, Ricardo, and likely Fofana, don’t return in the same form prior to the injury….it takes time for body, mind and timing to get back to previous levels…..

Be careful what you wish for…..Rogers goes…..I can’t see anyone out there who will be a certain improvement on him, more likely the other way….

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If a player says he is good to go, and the medical staff concur, wouldn’t any manager go with their opinion? These are athletes who are professional….not sure the tackle on Ricardo that broke his leg had very much to with rushing him back, albeit in chilly conditions, other than a scandalous over the top tackle….

If the staff and the player tell him they are good to go, I can hear it now, why didn’t he play him…..particularly on here at the current time….it is also really evident, Barnes, Justin, Ricardo, and likely Fofana, don’t return in the same form prior to the injury….it takes time for body, mind and timing to get back to previous levels…..

Be careful what you wish for…..Rogers goes…..I can’t see anyone out there who will be a certain improvement on him, more likely the other way….

There is an investigation into injuries ongoing and I'd imagine it will cover all bases including the manager.

16 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

....not sure that was what he was talking about!!!

He was referring to last season when Ricardo came back, and was played in a European qualifier on an icy pitch, in very cold weather!!!

Not exactly the right condition to rehabilitate a player (who had been out for a long time) and Ricardo was out for a period after that game. Players always want to play, the medical staff and the coaches are a dubious group and we might just end up offloading the majority of them should a new manager come in.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m sorry but as much as I love Martin, a lot of this is lazy bollocks that quite a few pundits jump on whether we as fans of this club have the audacity to complain. Yeah we’ve had injuries and yeah we’ve not got up the table as we would have wanted/liked BUT most (if not all) complainers are not complaining about competing with MC/Liv for the title. They are complaining about:

I mean conceding 62 goals with a quarter of the season to go. Our inability to defend in a professional manner. Getting spank 4-1 by a team from a lower division. Losing a game we were winning with 30 seconds to go with our keeper having a goal kick. Being out played by so many teams this season. Being unable to attack and/or defend a corner. Embarrassing collapses. Defeats in Europe to (at best) mediocre opponents. Continually playing a high line and not adapting (or trying to adapt) to what is horrendous injury list

The above has nothing to do with 2016. I and probably most other fans would question it if Martin’s team started making amateurish mistakes like we’ve seen this season. We didn’t have league title then.

I don’t think any of us say go win the league or even challenge for it. In the last two seasons if we had just scraped 7th the majority of fans would’ve been over the moon. It’s not about past success or elevated expectations. We are getting short changed on basic essentials you would expect of a well managed football team. However, we are Leicester Ciry. We won the league in 2016. Any complaint means we are an entitle bunch who should realise what we are. Not one fan would happily accept their team competing the way we have for large parts of this season. Brendan is under pressure for genuine reasons.

No, you've convinced me there. MoN jumping on the bandwagon for no real reason, rather than giving his honest opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I agree with MoN. I can't be bothered with FT much these days, because I'm a supporter not a critic. The stink of entitlement stalks the boards.

https://talksport.com/football/1048367/

I think some of the criticism of Brendan on here is waaaaay over the top but MoN's argument of an 'unfortunate benchmark' could be aimed at a lot of clubs with relatively recent success who havent had it in years like Man City and Wolves compared to their positions 20 years ago.

Don't listen to a word the media and pundits say, we were vilified as fans for wanting Puel out and they we had no right to think that drifting between 9th and 14th was beneath us. 

The truth is, very few out there will put the time in to really understand what's happening at Leicester and scratch the surface. At first glance of course there appears to be bad luck and obvious answers for our regression and that once their all fully fit again that we'll be OK again. Why then is Rodgers saying we need a huge rebuild? Why is recruitment also being blamed by John Percy? 

Rodgers has plenty of credit in the bank as a manager and he's in such a cushy gig here where he won't be scrutinised unless the wheels really come off for even longer and even then we'll be accused of needing a reality check.

Thankfully our board don't listen to the press, they'll give Rodgers every chance to turn it around but he's well past that now with it arguably being a year long regression and if it gets worse over the next few weeks then he'll be a shoe in to be relieved of his duties. A minor upturn and I think he'll hang on to his job and get the summer.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't listen to a word the media and pundits say, we were vilified as fans for wanting Puel out and they we had no right to think that drifting between 9th and 14th was beneath us. 

The truth is, very few out there will put the time in to really understand what's happening at Leicester and scratch the surface. At first glance of course there appears to be bad luck and obvious answers for our regression and that once their all fully fit again that we'll be OK again. Why then is Rodgers saying we need a huge rebuild? Why is recruitment also being blamed by John Percy? 

Rodgers has plenty of credit in the bank as a manager and he's in such a cushy gig here where he won't be scrutinised unless the wheels really come off for even longer and even then we'll be accused of needing a reality check.

Thankfully our board don't listen to the press, they'll give Rodgers every chance to turn it around but he's well past that now with it arguably being a year long regression and if it gets worse over the next few weeks then he'll be a shoe in to be relieved of his duties. A minor upturn and I think he'll hang on to his job and get the summer.

I agree with many of your posts, @Ric Flair.  Football is a matter of opinion so I am glad I disagree with you on some too.

You seem to be the strongest anti-Rodgers voice on the forum right now.  Personally,  I think your certainty that Rodgers is done is a little OTT.

Clearly, he needs to do better, starting with instilling some defensive grit and determination.   In nearly five decades as a Leicester fan, it means something that he won the FA Cup, had the unbeaten run, was in charge of top flight games we were winning easily.

I am hoping your anti-Rodgers sentiments are ultimately  proved wrong despite the slough we have been in for much of this season.and at the back.end of last season.

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

I agree with this mostly. Every new boss likes to make changes and often bring in their own team. They should also be striving for excellence in every area. I am sure he will be on to both our poor injury history and our defensive woes with the full backing of the board. In the premier winning year we had an amazing injury record and the last two years have been abysmal. Some of this will be down to pure bad luck but we should still be reviewing this carefully to see where we could have done better. Likewise with our defensive woes which is undeniably correlated with the injury situation but not completely. A review is also required here to see how we can improve regardless of available personnel. Failure to do that would properly would draw both the board and management into question but I am sure this will have been ongoing for some time. 

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

I have never understood how he is responsible for our long injury list…..the actual injuries are nothing to do with Brendan, whatsoever, the date the players return to action, is presumably set by the highly qualified medical staff,responsible for giving  the Manager professional advice, and any player who isn’t ready to return, but does, must be crazy…Justin, Fofana,Perreira, Barnes, all suffered ligament/fractures, Vardy, Evans hamstrings, (both 34), and Castagne long term muscle injury.

Am I missing s

omething?

Yes

He could sack these highly qualified medical staff, just like he did Dave Rennie

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

omething?

Yes

He could sack these highly qualified medical staff, just like he did Dave Rennie

Without putting myself on the line with what I've been told internally, this wasn't the real story about him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

If a player says he is good to go, and the medical staff concur, wouldn’t any manager go with their opinion? These are athletes who are professional….

Can you then explain to me then why Jamea Maddison was brought on as a sub in 73 mins and failed to make it to the end of the game because he was “ill” ? Are you telling me that a fit and healthy young athlete contracted a disease in 15 minutes which deteriorated so rapidly he couldn’t make it to  95 mins? Im

sorry but he must have been Ill when he came on and if he was so ill he couldn’t play for 20 mins he shouldn’t have been on the bench let alone expected to play. 

Whether it’s BR directly, the medical staff or the player who’s getting it wrong - it’s  the manager is responsible for getting such things right. 

• Like 2