Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If Rodgers cant arrest out poor form before the end of the season, he'll be gone. If you look at our PL form in the last 12 months, we've won 14 of our 38 games, losing 16, going from being 2pts off 2nd spot to being 11th. 

Injuries are what they are, and are treated by medics, who then advise Rogers, that’s how it is, and that’s how it should be….as for Maddison coming off after 20 minutes, It’s safe to assume he felt well enough when he went on, then felt worse as he played, then he came off.

What’s the solution? Keep playing, (poorly-in every way) and get slated on here? 
Prior to his recent fine spell of form, it wasn’t that long ago he was getting pilloried on here…..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ely fox said:

If he stays this summer, presumably he will be given money to buy new players. What a massive risk seeing some of his absolute shockers he has bought already to the club. I’d prefer a new manager to do the rebuild. 

I think a lot of people miss the point that on paper most our signings were solid.

He came into the club when we had a good core squad and only really added depth and experience off the back of missing out on top 4 in his first full season.

Castagne and Fofana were the only “first XI” signings after losing Maguire (who we never replaced under Puel) and Chilwell. Arguably his best signings too.

Edited by shiv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Injuries are what they are, and are treated by medics, who then advise Rogers, that’s how it is, and that’s how it should be….as for Maddison coming off after 20 minutes, It’s safe to assume he felt well enough when he went on, then felt worse as he played, then he came off.

What’s the solution? Keep playing, (poorly-in every way) and get slated on here? 
Prior to his recent fine spell of form, it wasn’t that long ago he was getting pilloried on here…..

There's been plenty and I mean PLENTY of flags of players being in the red zone and they still play and play, Rodgers has pretty much admitted it last season. Look at Vardy staying on whilst injured 2 games in a week vs Liverpool and ultimately being out for 3 months. Look at Justin out for a year and then bang, 3 starts in a week and now injured again.

There's a culture here that's exacerbating it and I can almost understand when there's 3 games a week constantly and such demand on a small squad but we're often picking up injuries between the press conference and the games themselves in training and its a real head scratcher.

Rodgers training is full on almost every session so that when it comes to the games the process is autonomous from the players but to what cost to their fitness? 

He's got to break the cycle to allow his squad to recover, he can't use the amount of games in recent months as an excuse because we had a very light schedule due to all the postponements. This season is pretty much done except for bits and pieces, simplify the training to protect them and see if that will help them. Its no coincidence the 2015/16 squad seldom got injuries and that was in large to Paul Balsom and Ranieri opting to stick with Pearson's methods of only training a few times a week and that was without the demands of 3 games a week for many weeks.

Whatever is happening he's got to change it up, otherwise its insanity and might as well get Mick Philpott out on day release to manage us. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Susan Whelan had actually sacked him after concerns were made to her.

I'd heard because Rodgers made the concerns known and said he wanted him sacked but then refused to do it himself after rudkin refused too as well.

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been plenty and I mean PLENTY of flags of players being in the red zone and they still play and play, Rodgers has pretty much admitted it last season. Look at Vardy staying on whilst injured 2 games in a week vs Liverpool and ultimately being out for 3 months. Look at Justin out for a year and then bang, 3 starts in a week and now injured again.

There's a culture here that's exacerbating it and I can almost understand when there's 3 games a week constantly and such demand on a small squad but we're often picking up injuries between the press conference and the games themselves in training and its a real head scratcher.

Rodgers training is full on almost every session so that when it comes to the games the process is autonomous from the players but to what cost to their fitness? 

He's got to break the cycle to allow his squad to recover, he can't use the amount of games in recent months as an excuse because we had a very light schedule due to all the postponements. This season is pretty much done except for bits and pieces, simplify the training to protect them and see if that will help them. Its no coincidence the 2015/16 squad seldom got injuries and that was in large to Paul Balsom and Ranieri opting to stick with Pearson's methods of only training a few times a week and that was without the demands of 3 games a week for many weeks.

Whatever is happening he's got to change it up, otherwise its insanity and might as well get Mick Philpott out on day release to manage us. 

How do you know? 

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep saying this but it was similar at Celtic. We ran Tierney, Forrest and McGregor into the ground under Rodgers, pretty sure all three were among the top 5 in terms of minutes played in a single season three seasons in a row. Tierney and Forrest have been pretty much maligned with injuries since.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

No, you've convinced me there. MoN jumping on the bandwagon for no real reason, rather than giving his honest opinion.

I think the unfortunate thing is to Martin (and the other pundits) it is an honest opinion! However, its derived from a lazy approach. Not one intelligent person can sit there and watch 50% of us this year and suggest that the pressure on Brendan is a result of 2016 heightened expectations or entitlement. I don't think most of them who offer this sort of opinion actually watch us much. I think you've got to be incredibly daft to suggest the uproar from the games against Forest, Spurs etc. is down to an unreasonable benchmark or entitlement. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Rodgers is paid £10m a year. 

So I keep hearing.

Do you think using his wage is justified?

Pep is the highest paid manager in the league, won the league 3 league times out of 5, so when he doesn't win the league do you think he's a failure and Man City should sack him? In addition to the fact he's still not won the Champions League there. 

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So I keep hearing.

Do you think using his wage is justified?

Pep is the highest paid manager in the league, won the league 3 league times out of 5, so when he doesn't win the league do you think he's a failure and Man City should sack him? In addition to the fact he's still not won the Champions League there. 

I guess you need to ask Man City fans if they think he's performing well enough.

When you decide that you want to be more than a coach, which Rodgers clearly, very clearly has done. Then he needs to be judged on all aspects of his role, not just results on the pitch.

I fancy Man City fans are generally very happy with how Pep is doing overall.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I guess you need to ask Man City fans if they think he's performing well enough.

When you decide that you want to be more than a coach, which Rodgers clearly, very clearly has done. Then he needs to be judged on all aspects of his role, not just results on the pitch.

I fancy Man City fans are generally very happy with how Pep is doing overall.

Yeah it's the injuries that are the concerning part for me. A couple injuries here and there is acceptable, all managers face, but constant injuries isn't just "bad luck",

But I don't really agree using a wage as a measure because half the managers in the league would be sacked probably. It's not Rodgers fault we offered him 10m a year, or whatever people constantly quote, he ain't gonna reject it.

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Susan Whelan had actually sacked him after concerns were made to her.

Imagine that. A chain of command. Rodgers isnt a dictator after all. Must be upsetting to some.