Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I wonder if the players would work so hard and stand behind Rodgers(which they clearly do) if they knew his intent was to injure them? (sarc) Does anyone on this forum actually know what the hell they're talking about?

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I wonder if the players would work so hard and stand behind Rodgers(which they clearly do) if they knew his intent was to injure them? (sarc) Does anyone on this forum actually know what the hell they're talking about?

His intent is to win at any cost, he will risk running a player into the red zone and injuring them, with no regard to the longer term picture.

There's plenty of evidence of this happening this season alone.

I realise you're his number one fan and he can do no wrong in your eyes, but to people that follow the game and not an egotistical little irish fella, it's quite clear to see that players have broken down/made injuries worse due to playing when their manager should have them off the pitch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

His intent is to win at any cost, he will risk running a player into the red zone and injuring them, with no regard to the longer term picture.

I realise you're his number one fan and he can do no wrong in your eyes, but to people that follow the game and not an egotistical little irish fella, it's quite clear to see that players have broken down/made injuries worse due to playing when their manager should have them off the pitch.

Pereira, Evans, Castagne, Justin, Soyuncu, Fofana, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy.....All off the top of my head, have had injuries which have reoccurred within a month of returning to action. Many even the first game back.

We've gone from a squad of ever presents, to a squad of injury prone under Rodgers's tenure.

And the most worrying thing is, we play with almost the least intensity in the league.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I realise you're his number one fan and he can do no wrong in your eyes, but to people that follow the game and not an egotistical little irish fella, its quite clear to see that players have broken down/made injuries worse due to playing when their manager should have them off the pitch.

Source of your information’? ‘ it’s quite clear ‘ 

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

Vardy - Injured, visibly injured on pitch. Remained on the pitch for extra 30 minutes.

Evans - Back from long term lay off. Played 3 or 4 times in quick succession. Pulled hamstring
JJ - Back from long term lay off, Played 3 times in quick succession. Pulled hamstring

These are 3 off the top of my head.

I'd have to have my head well and truely up my arse whilst being high on crack to not see the pattern there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Vardy - Injured, visibly injured on pitch. Remained on the pitch for extra 30 minutes.

Evans - Back from long term lay off. Played 3 or 4 times in quick succession. Pulled hamstring
JJ - Back from long term lay off, Played 3 times in quick succession. Pulled hamstring

These are 3 off the top of my head.

I'd have to have my head well and truely up my arse whilst being high on crack to not see the pattern there.

I asked for your sources not childish idiotic comments. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I guess you need to ask Man City fans if they think he's performing well enough.

I fancy Man City fans are generally very happy with how Pep is doing overall.

Currently happy because they are winning but they have let a 12pt lead slip away & if they fail to win the league to Liverpool i'm sure the flickle football fan will have something to say because they live in the here & now only.

5 hours ago, shiv said:

I think a lot of people miss the point that on paper most our signings were solid.

He came into the club when we had a good core squad and only really added depth and experience off the back of missing out on top 4 in his first full season.

Castagne and Fofana were the only “first XI” signings after losing Maguire (who we never replaced under Puel) and Chilwell. Arguably his best signings too.

....the contention is were they club signings or recommendations by Congerton and Rodgers!!!

Just for clarification, are you saying Chilwell was a Rodgers acquisition!

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the contention is were they club signings or recommendations by Congerton and Rodgers!!!

Just for clarification, are you saying Chilwell was a Rodgers acquisition!

Chilwell? Do you mean Castagne?

Contention or not, given the fact we clearly needed experience Bertrand and Vestergaard were solid signings on paper. Bertrand especially given it was a free transfer.

I’m all for the model we have (sign younger players and sell for a profit) but at some point you do need some PL experience in there if you want to have leaders on the pitch. Clearly Rodgers has recognised that last year and this year.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was a staunch Rodgers fan, stuck up for him during the 2019/20 capitulation. Stuck up for him for the 2020/21 capitulation but that has now carried on for the best part of a year in the league.

Its nothing personal but I'm not as precious about managers as many seem to be. Very few managers turn around slumps like this, very few managers maintain effectiveness after a few years and very few managers succeed when they commit the mistakes that Brendan is currently doing with the way he's handled his squad and the stubbornness of our defensive problems until its caused lengthy and complex damage.

I'd love to be proven wrong, it's obviously not out of the realms of possibility but the percentage play would be that he won't. The injury issues of the last 2 years have shown no let up, they've only gotten worse. Well I think we can all agree on, even if we don't agree on who's to blame that without these injury problems significantly improving then all of this is futile anyway as we will be severely limited and our race is ran at challenging for Europe any time soon. Likewise I've seen precious little evidence of how he's going to solve the defensive set piece issues but I'm willing to hold out one final bit of hope that Ricardo's recent return has seen us defensively look a little more robust in open play but we are still getting done for 2 goals a game. Hopefully Fofana and Justin with sensible handling can help us even if it's nowhere near to the degree we saw in 19/20 and 20/21.

Recruitment I'm more confident on as I think the club will use last seasons misses on a couple of players as learning for the future but with that may well see Rodgers nose put out of joint if he's less influential in the process and that never ends well. This happened to him at Liverpool and Celtic.

Let's see what happens, we have to start winning some.league games and fast otherwise it doesn't matter what you or I, or his cronies in the media say, the club will remove him. 

I am trying to think of managers with longevity.

Ferguson rebuilt teams. Wenger couldn't halt a downward slide.   Dyche seems to be unable to return to previous highs.

With us, the need to sort the defence seems so clear that it seems it should be possible for Rodgers to sort or delegate.  However, that has been the case for months.

I remain hopeful things will improve.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

I am trying to think of managers with longevity.

Ferguson rebuilt teams. Wenger couldn't halt a downward slide.   Dyche seems to be unable to return to previous highs.

With us, the need to sort the defence seems so clear that it seems it should be possible for Rodgers to sort or delegate.  However, that has been the case for months.

I remain hopeful things will improve.

They continued to finish top 4 for more than a decade after they last won the PL and there were fa cups dotted around too in the last few years of his tenure 

the downward slide was pretty gentle over a dozen years …….

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Pereira, Evans, Castagne, Justin, Soyuncu, Fofana, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy.....All off the top of my head, have had injuries which have reoccurred within a month of returning to action. Many even the first game back.

We've gone from a squad of ever presents, to a squad of injury prone under Rodgers's tenure.

And the most worrying thing is, we play with almost the least intensity in the league.

I’m sorry but it’s time this nonsense was exposed for what it is.

A couple of weeks ago, Jordan Blackwell made for me a hugely important point in the Merkreh. In two seasons (15/16 & 16/17) we played 85 games. By time time of his piece, before Forest, we’d played 83 in a season and a half, with a minimum of 20 more games to play.

This isn’t FM. This is real life. Players are not machines. Even the best can’t do it every game (Tielemans eg, but also Messi, Ronaldo etc). S**t happens.

Context is important. 

13 minutes ago, shiv said:

Chilwell? Do you mean Castagne?

Contention or not, given the fact we clearly needed experience Bertrand and Vestergaard were solid signings on paper. Bertrand especially given it was a free transfer.

I’m all for the model we have (sign younger players and sell for a profit) but at some point you do need some PL experience in there if you want to have leaders on the pitch. Clearly Rodgers has recognised that last year and this year.

....in your previous post you alluded to Chilwell, that is the reason I asked the question!!!

The debate is not so much that we do not need experience within the team as more the ability to identify the required players. Bertrand had Covid and we could put that down to his drop off in quality, Vestergaard is slow and ponderous and is being used in a team playing a highline, does that mean we had identified the wrong player for our needs or having acquired him, shouldn't we then attempt to use him in situations where his deficiency would not be exposed, therefore rendering our defence not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Things better improve when the injured players return, because if they don't he's got no more excuses.

Things might improve but i expect the underlying problems won't. Can't force a horse to drink water 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They continued to finish top 4 for more than a decade after they last won the PL and there were fa cups dotted around too in the last few years of his tenure 

the downward slide was pretty gentle over a dozen years …….

...their cup wins papered over the cracks and kept Wenger at the club a long time longer that it should have!!!

Within the time of Wenger having gone stale, Klopp was an option so was Allegri and other managers who would have jumped at the chance to come to Arsenal. They shot themselves in the foot by holding on to Wenger too long.

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

When I used to work in a woodshop there's a saying that I remember from when myself or my coworkers talked Sxxt..

"Opinions are like assholes....everybody's got one". Thanks to Foxestalk we all have a place to bend over and let it fly.:D

Our defending has been indefensible at times.  Amartey and Soyuncu have not been better.  Vestegaard is one of club biggest mistakes in recent years; it is for the best that he was never in a centre back pairing with Ryan Bennett.

It is certainly a question mark over Rodgers and his coaching set up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m sorry but it’s time this nonsense was exposed for what it is.

A couple of weeks ago, Jordan Blackwell made for me a hugely important point in the Merkreh. In two seasons (15/16 & 16/17) we played 85 games. By time time of his piece, before Forest, we’d played 83 in a season and a half, with a minimum of 20 more games to play.

This isn’t FM. This is real life. Players are not machines. Even the best can’t do it every game (Tielemans eg, but also Messi, Ronaldo etc). S**t happens.

Context is important. 

Context is important but so is planning for the demands. Ever since Rodgers got here the intention was to compete across 4 competitions and he's achieved that with us qualifying for Europe twice on the spin and going far in domestic cup competitions. They've explained at length the need to I.prove the squad as opposed to the starting XI to better handle the demands of 4 competitions and not fall away like we did in 2 seasons in the league and yet we still can't cope with the demands placed on our squad.

We can only name 25 players in our squads, we signed better squad players to enable rotating. Those players it's highly debatable are better squad players and they've proven to either be unavailable or unreliable anyway but ultimately we are worse off the longer Rodgers is here and what's the answer? We'll not have European football to contend with but that's not a solution if that's our ambition and what happens if we get there again and he's still here? He couldn't handle it at Liverpool, Celtic or us. It's frustrating.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

When I used to work in a woodshop there's a saying that I remember from when myself or my coworkers talked Sxxt..

"Opinions are like assholes....everybody's got one". Thanks to Foxestalk we all have a place to bend over and let it fly.:D

Do some people have more than one arsehole?  Generally they are full of hot, noxious air.