Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm going to keep it simple. If the owners of the club think that we are in danger of getting relegated and they think that changing the manager will get us put of trouble then that is exactly what they will do. 

Better change him then ...after we lose at Burnley.

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not a Rodgers bashing post but here are lists of all his signings from his last four clubs for anyone wanting to deep dive into his recruitment and make their own mind up.

The point in this post I guess is to use the evidence thus far to make your mind up as to whether or not you'd back him in the transfer market to undertake the rebuild that is undoubtedly coming.

Here is a breakdown of his signings at each of his previous clubs. I have left out Reading and Watford and all fees are from transfermrkt.

For clarity 'Sales from Rodgers signings' include sales that were made of players he signed even after he'd left the respective club as manager. 'Transfer fees received' are money he brought in from sales in his time as manager at the respective club, whether the players he sold were his signings or not.

I have marked asterixes (*) next to those signings have made long term, decent contributions at the respective clubs and who could have been considered a relative success. I've omitted Swansea from this analysis though as my knowledge isn't deep enough there.

Swansea

Transfer fees spent: £12.47m

Transfer fees received: £410k

Net Spend: £12.06m

Sales from Rodgers signings: £34.7m

Scott Sinclair - £540k

Leon Britton - £45k

Danny Graham - £3.51m

Wayne Routledge - £2.93m

Leroy Lita - £1.80m

Michel Vorm - FC Utrecht - £1.53m

Jose Moreira - £765k

Darnel Situ - £275k

Curtis Obeng - £216k

Rory Donnelly - £113k

Luke Moore - Free

Neil Taylor - Free

Ryan Harley - Free

Scott Donnelly - Free

Gerhard Tremmel - Free

Fede Bassone - Free

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Loan (Fee was £450k)

Tamas Priskin - Loan (Fee was £302k)

Fabio Borini - Loan

Jermaine Easter - Loan

Marvin Emnes - Loan

Frank Nouble - Loan

Steven Caulker - Loan

Josh McEachran - Loan

Liverpool

Transfer fees spent: £296.55m

Transfer fees received: £118.59m

Net Spend: £177.96m

Sales from Rodgers signings: £265.95m

Fabio Borini - £10.4m

Joe Allen - £15m*

Oussama Assaidi - £3m

Samed Yesil - £1m

Daniel Sturridge - £12m*

Phillipe Coutinho - £8.5m*

Luis Alberto - £6.8m

Iago Aspas - £7.0m

Simon Mignolet - £9.0m*

Mamadou Sakho - £15.0m*

Tiago Llori - £3.5m

Rickie Lambert - £4.5m

Adam Lallana - £25.0m*

Emre Can - £9.75m*

Lazar Markovic - £19.8m

Dejan Lovren - £20.0m*

Divock Origi - £9.8m*

Alberto Moreno - £12m

Mario Balotelli - £16m

Joe Gomez - £6m*

Danny Ings - £8m

Nathaniel Clyne - £12m*

Roberto Firmino - £29.0m*

Christian Benteke - £32.5m

James Milner - Free*

Adam Bogdan - Free

Kolo Toure - Free*

Kevin Stewart - Free

Nuri Sahin - Loan

Aly Cissokho - Loan

Victor Moses - Loan

Javier Manquillo - Loan

Celtic

Transfer fees spent: £31.76m

Transfer fees received: £29.35m

Net Spend: £2.41m

Sales from Rodgers signings: £17.01m (Bulk of this was the Edouard sale from this summer after he left)

* I've not included Moussa Dembele as a Rodgers signing or as a 'Sale from Rodgers signing' as this deal was agreed prior to his arrival

Scott Sinclair - £3.69m*

Eboue Kouassi - £3.15m

Cristian Gamboa - £1.0m

Olivier Ntcham - £4.5m*

Charly Musonda - Loan (Fee was £2.25m)

Jack Hendry - £1.44m

Johnny Hayes - £1.32m

Marven Compper - £1.03m

Lewis Morgan - £300k

Odsonne Edouard - £9.27m*

Vakoun Bayo - £2.01m

Maryan Shved - £1.80m

Kolo Toure - Free

Dorus De Vries - Free

Scott Bain - Free*

Youssouf Mulumbu - Free

Manny Perez - Free

Andrew Gutman - Free

Emillio Izzaguire - Free

Kundai Benyu - Free

Patrick Roberts - Loan*

Filip Benkovic - Loan*

Daniel Arzani - Loan

Jeremy Toljan - Loan

Timothy Weah - Loan

Oliver Burke - Loan

Leicester

Transfer fees spent: £208.8m

Transfer fees received: £130.75m

Net Spend: £78.05m

Sales from Rodgers signings: £0m

Youri Tielemens - £40.5m*

Ayoze Perez - £31.5m

Dennis Praet - £17.28m

James Justin - £6.03m*

Wesley Fofana - £31.5m*

Timothy Castagne - £18.0m*

Patson Daka - £27.0m

Boubakary Soumare - £18.0m

Jannik Vestergaard - £15.84m

Ryan Bertrand - Free

Cenguz Under - Loan (Fee was £3.15m)

Ryan Bennett - Loan

Ademola Lookman - Loan

Daka, Soumare and Lookman are not long in the door and aren't bad signings it's just too early to consider them a success or failure yet imo.

Sheesh.

28 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Love Brendan biggest game of the season we won 3-1 (7-2) on aggregate but we played our best players. If we finish 17th but win this thing who cares

If we win this but finish 18th then it kinda loses its shine 

29 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Is he still here?

Ffs back into the dark I go.

Wake me up when he's gone please.

Wufta...!!!

Stand up & be counted...like a a True loyal traditional Supporter would..We Dont Need plastics who only come out on Sunny days...

Take the pain....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Corky said:

He won't be judged on the Europa Conference, especially after a comfortable victory.

It's the League that is the only important thing for the owners.

They have been officially reportingly  to have mentioned their Intention for Europe, it then logically & automatically intails Top 6 League finishes...

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Football doesn't Work like that..It isnt so obvious...

It is obvious that we were lucky not to concede a hatful last night, and that performance was obviously not going to stand up to better opposition.

I get that speculation has its limits, my point is that the quality of our recent performances isn't up to the mark for a team with our ambitions and potential.

Last night did not fill me with confidence for the next few league fixtures.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 4

4 league games to come before an international break in three weeks time. Burnley - A, Leeds - H, Arsenal - A, Brentford - H. If I were making a judgement call, I would set the bar at 7 points. Draw with Burnley, lose to Arsenal, and two home wins against fellow bottom half teams, both of whom are in poor form. If we achieve significantly lower than that number of points (which I fear may well be the case) it may well be time to make a decision, not necessarily because there is anyone better out there, but because we will need a new voice to change our direction of travel.

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

4 league games to come before an international break in three weeks time. Burnley - A, Leeds - H, Arsenal - A, Brentford - H. If I were making a judgement call, I would set the bar at 7 points. Draw with Burnley, lose to Arsenal, and two home wins against fellow bottom half teams, both of whom are in poor form. If we achieve significantly lower than that number of points (which I fear may well be the case) it may well be time to make a decision, not necessarily because there is anyone better out there, but because we will need a new voice to change our direction of travel.

why would you be happy with a draw against Burnley, who are lower than Brentford and Leeds, that you expect us to get a win against? 

15 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Brendan's eyes in that interview, he knows he's gone, it's just a case of when and saving face, I don't think he will survive until the summer, Puel went in game 27 after losing by a goal to Wolves in Game 23, I think Brendan will go in game 27 after Loss to Burnley, Win v Leeds, Lose Arsenal, Lose Brentford.

Claude was gone after the 4-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace.  About 3-4 weeks after that  Wolves game.

Now that you mention it it was almost this time 3 years ago.

Edited by Blue ROI

26 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

why would you be happy with a draw against Burnley, who are lower than Brentford and Leeds, that you expect us to get a win against? 

Because Burnley are in better form than Brentford and Leeds, and we are playing them away from home. And I didn't say I'd be happy, or that I expect a win. I'm just trying to set a benchmark for what might be a reasonable expectation for us to judge whether can alter our current direction of travel. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They had 26 shots, just let that sink in and yet our manager was happier tonight than when we were 3-0 up at half time vs West Brom last April. We're what Tyson Fury would refer to as a bum.

Ric, the tie was done. Our defence won't stand up against most sides in this competition now but I think people are reading too much into last night. Any real drama and tension was ended by Barnes goal.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ric, the tie was done. Our defence won't stand up against most sides in this competition now but I think people are reading too much into last night. Any real drama and tension was ended by Barnes goal.

I hope that's what led to it mate, but given what we've witnessed against the likes of Millwall, Legia, Spartak, Forest etc it doesn't really matter what the quality of the opposition is, we are more than capable of letting them run a fcukin muck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Because Burnley are in better form than Brentford and Leeds, and we are playing them away from home. And I didn't say I'd be happy, or that I expect a win. I'm just trying to set a benchmark for what might be a reasonable expectation for us to judge whether can alter our current direction of travel. 

Add to that  -  Burnley are such a big, tough side that play with a style to suit, and they have a new CF who appears to be more of a brute than Wood, fitting their style completely.  They're the last kind of side our frail team want to be playing at this time.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

The tie was done and therefore a chance to practice calm, disciplined tight defending in a competitive match situation. Closing a game out without conceding lots of chances by keeping the opposition - however poor - at arms length, keeping the play away from our area. I’d have settled for that but it isn’t what we got. Alternatively a chance to give some squad players a chance to shine;Hamza; Perez;Ward. We didn’t do that either. What we did was go practically full strength and demonstrate to the footballing world why we are currently a laughing stock. And let me tell you, no-one but no-one will be laughing more than Sean Dyche.