Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Context matters. 

Absolutely it does! Context here is up until this point the success has exceeded anyone’s expectations when he arrived.

One tough season, with a ridiculous amount of injuries and barely being able to play any of our first choice back four and some of our supporters shite themselves and call for sackings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

You missed out bottling the champions league twice and a long, agonising run of league form which is shabby at best.

We are a laughing stock and embarrassment and he has mismanaged players in ill thought tactics and strategies.

Oh yeah, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez.:brendan:

I don’t agree we did bottle the Champions League,  as I’ve said before a season is played over 38 games not 23 or 30.

We missed out by a point, us and Man Utd just had our runs of form at different stages of the season.

I can’t see how we are a laughing stock or an embarrassment, every club outside the top 3 would love to have had our last 3 seasons!

Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez fair enough but you forget to mention Fofana, Daka and Justin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t agree we did bottle the Champions League,  as I’ve said before a season is played over 38 games not 23 or 30.

We missed out by a point, us and Man Utd just had our runs of form at different stages of the season.

I can’t see how we are a laughing stock or an embarrassment, every club outside the top 3 would love to have had our last 3 seasons!

Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez fair enough but you forget to mention Fofana, Daka and Justin.

It’s quite literally the definition of bottling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolutely it does! Context here is up until this point the success has exceeded anyone’s expectations when he arrived.

One tough season, with a ridiculous amount of injuries and barely being able to play any of our first choice back four and some of our supporters shite themselves and call for sackings.

Context does matter. 

Hitler was a vegetarian, and all that. 

Does Rodgers get a job for life, then, based on his FA Cup and Community Shield wins? Or is there a point when current results and performances are measured. 

Under Rodgers we played the most glorious football I’ve ever seen us play. It was truly joyous, and he deserves full credit for creating that. Aggressive, expansive, attacking. 

We have also played the most turgid, timid football I have seen us play in recent times. (Yes, even worse than you-know-who-ball). And he deserves the criticism for this. 

So the only real question should be can he turn it round. Our league trajectory has been heading downwards. For quite a while. 

If he can’t arrest this, then he should expect to be moved on. 

I don’t particularly want him to sacked. I just want him to be better. 

And if he’s not capable of that, then he can’t complain too much if he loses his job. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Royston. said:

You missed out bottling the champions league twice and a long, agonising run of league form which is shabby at best.

We are a laughing stock and embarrassment and he has mismanaged players in ill thought tactics and strategies.

Oh yeah, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez.:brendan:

Didn't miss that out. 

More that it's great to remember the success and not ignore them in spite of all the things he did wrong. 

Unfair on him to just write the trophy successes off based on just the negative aspects. 

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

Context does matter. 

Hitler was a vegetarian, and all that. 

Does Rodgers get a job for life, then, based on his FA Cup and Community Shield wins? Or is there a point when current results and performances are measured. 

Under Rodgers we played the most glorious football I’ve ever seen us play. It was truly joyous, and he deserves full credit for creating that. Aggressive, expansive, attacking. 

We have also played the most turgid, timid football I have seen us play in recent times. (Yes, even worse than you-know-who-ball). And he deserves the criticism for this. 

So the only real question should be can he turn it round. Our league trajectory has been heading downwards. For quite a while. 

If he can’t arrest this, then he should expect to be moved on. 

I don’t particularly want him to sacked. I just want him to be better. 

And if he’s not capable of that, then he can’t complain too much if he loses his job. 

I agree with you completely, if by the end of this season we go out of the Europa League and there is no upturn in form when we  get our best 3 players back in the side then yea questions will have to be answered.

Right now though, I still think he has more than enough credit in the bank to keep his job until the end of the season.

We all know how good our football can be under Rodgers and for me, right now, there is no one better who would come here.

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't miss that out. 

More that it's great to remember the success and not ignore them in spite of all the things he did wrong. 

Unfair on him to just write the trophy successes off based on just the negative aspects. 

Neither would I put those successes solely down to him, it was largely down to a talented group of players despite him imo. With the right guidance and manager we'd have attained Champions League football those 2 seasons and not be in the mess we are now. This season however, with the transfer strides certain other teams have made it was always going to be a little more difficult but still top 6 with the right leadership. If Rodgers stays and is given money to spend I see a sharp decline in our future prospects sadly. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Several won't like this but we can't just ignore things he has had a part in winning for us. 

Even with that want him out cannot not like this.

He might get sacked, he might end up resigning, but he's still the first ever Leicester City manager to win the FA Cup :wub: 

Also winning the Community Shield, getting into Europe twice and a 9-0 away win in the league.

A great 3 years.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Several won't like this but we can't just ignore things he has had a part in winning for us. 

Some would rather cancel him out of our history and accredited the fa cup win solely to Pearson or something.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

:brendan:

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Neither would I put those successes solely down to him, it was largely down to a talented group of players despite him imo. With the right guidance and manager we'd have attained Champions League football those 2 seasons and not be in the mess we are now. This season however, with the transfer strides certain other teams have made it was always going to be a little more difficult but still top 6 with the right leadership. If Rodgers stays and is given money to spend I see a sharp decline in our future prospects sadly. 

That's why I said what i did earlier. You can't not give any credit to him. I didn't say it was solely down to him that we won the trophies. 

Ranieri gets lots of praise for the title win but no one says it was just down to him do they? 

It's disingenuous to just ignore any trophy we won based on how we're playing now. And then just hate Rodgers forever and forget what he has had a part in succeeding in. 

If all people will remember about his tenure is his time with us now in this rut, and not the trophies that have been won under him, then that's a problem with that fans' mindset. If in 10 years you remember the miserable run were in now instead of lifting silverware then therein lies a bigger issue. It's generally a wider issue anyway - people focus and remember the bad stuff at the expense of anything positive that may have happened. 

• Like 1