Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Got it right tonight but what doesn’t fill me with confidence is that he has got it right several times this season and failed to build on it.

Needs to go all in on Europa Conference to give him a realistic chance of keeping his job. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

Vardys back and scores,

we keep a clean sheet having defended brilliantly,

so let’s enjoy it and have some optimism for the rest of the season,

it’s how you finish not how you start😉

Agreed. Also think he deserves credit tonight for switching to a midfield diamond when Madders and Vards came on, went for the win and pulled Burnley all out of shape. The 433 had been solid but it was right to take the risk with 20 to go.

Hasn't always got it right this season but spot on tonight for me.

I hope Ricardo's withdrawal was precautionary as that early sub and then Maddison and GOD coming on meant he had no option of bringing some horrid defensive sub on in the final minutes and we got a 2nd rather than sit back!

Well done to them all tonight, proper win that was.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope Ricardo's withdrawal was precautionary as that early sub and then Maddison and GOD coming on meant he had no option of bringing some horrid defensive sub on in the final minutes and we got a 2nd rather than sit back!

Well done to them all tonight, proper win that was.

You just know that without that sub you’d have been looking at a tall Danish JV rather than the little Yorkshire one with 5 minutes to play 

• Like 1

Got it spot on tonight. 

Tielemans had the hump taken off at the time but he wasn't at his best tonight. If the result had gone bad it wasn't something to zone in on.

Players were in good spirits after so he has the dressing room it seems.

As long as we don't go near relegation which looks unlikely now he'll be with us at the start or next season.

32 minutes ago, Dames said:

Got it right tonight but what doesn’t fill me with confidence is that he has got it right several times this season and failed to build on it.

Needs to go all in on Europa Conference to give him a realistic chance of keeping his job. 

Thats not really true is it. They're clearly sticking with him regardless now. 

6 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Can we stop talking about Rogers….he is going nowhere in the short term, channel your energy behind the team….great result tonight, once again the players were up for it….suggests they are playing for the manager….

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm so torn with Rodgers, I want him to do well, players clearly like him but when you're a fan and in the dark, there's a lot of questions hanging over him that need answering.

couldnt be more right you 2, feel exactly the same

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Thats not really true is it. They're clearly sticking with him regardless now. 

And why should we not...its ridiculous ws have a great first 13 or 14 but never had our full strength back four at any stage.....

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For those who continued to stick up for him, you'd be out in force tonight if we'd lost for the first time in 6 games and he was getting criticism. So in the same manner, it's 1 win in 6 league games. It's a relief to get it and it backs up a bit of an upturn in performances in the last 3 in the league but that's all it is so far. We need to follow this up with another few wins in the next 3 or 4 otherwise nothing has changed.

Agree with this. Also, it's worth noting that Burnley looked tired and we looked fresher having had a bit more of a break. I thought their press was quite sluggish which allowed us to play a bit more.

• Like 2