Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Quite a few of the regulars are out buying Humble Pie.

If beating Burnley is supposed to be some form of jubilant proof that we need to keep our faith in Rodgers, then it shows how far we’ve fallen. 

Having said that, purely based on tonight, he can only beat who’s in front of him. And I about fell off my chair when I saw he was bringing both Maddison and Vardy on at once. Two good, positive substitutions for once 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....deservedly so, you could relate to him!!!

Nothing against that O'Neill team. That was in my late teens, I had the time of my life!

Never thought it'd get any better, especially as a child of the Pleat years.

I've been Brendan out at times, because I'm so frustrated. 

All about perspective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

What? Rightly so. Goat imo. 
Getting us promoted, finishing top 10 three times and winning the league cup twice. 

Not disagreeing. 

Different times.

Maybe need to set our expectations. We ain't exactly having it bad at the moment.

Like I said...perspective. 

17 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What? Rightly so. Goat imo. 
Getting us promoted, finishing top 10 three times and winning the league cup twice. 

He was god at the time and I never thought anything would surpass yet here I am with a manager that won the one cup I ever wanted to win and 2 top 5 finishes, a record away win ever and people still ain’t happy. Get a grip people

• Like 3

To be honest, my Rodgers/O'Neill comparison is possibly unfair.

Mainly on budget. We've always been unfashionable. 

Just to make it clear, they are both fvcking heroes in my eyes.

Different times, different expectations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Quite a few of the regulars are out buying Humble Pie.

Saving my ammo for the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What a surprise, we got one of our best players back and he massively influenced our win. Who'd have thought that :rolleyes:

There is too much emphasis on Rodgers whether we win or lose. Managers can do only so much. Its down to the team in the end and I mean team. If you play in a cohesive way you do better like last night. We need to do this consistently and so do Spurs and Man.Utd. The presence of Vardy draws the team together and that has been the case for years. Let us hope he is available for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Wasn’t a MON fan, settled for mid table finishes and no real ambition. Enjoyed the cup runs but he was found wanting in Europe. Wasn’t sorry to see him go. 

Had one European tie and got done by a ref who never refereed in europe again

how was that found wanting?

25 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Defensively we still looked very fragile and think the 2-0 flattered our performance to be honest. Long way to go

2-0 flattered Burnley, not us.

I'm very much Rodgers out but we played well last night and we've definitely improved since Forest/Liverpool. 

• Like 4