Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd rather watch Rodgers waste £500 million on awful players that can't make our bench than have Mourino anywhere near the club. What a horrific shout. I actually feel sick thinking about him being mentioned lol

He sucks the energy out of clubs and turns them into toxic wastelands. We'd be set back years.

He'd probably fall out with Vardy to make a point as well.

Rodgers has his faults and a serious ego but Mourinho is another level entirely. Steer well clear.

On the plus side, we kept a clean sheet with Amartey and Soyuncu as central defenders despite Thomas, in my opinion, having a poor game and Albrighton as second half right back (Albrighton has become a pretty good full back).   Although we still looked shaky from corners/crosses hopefully a little more solidity is being coached into Amartey and Soyuncu.

Rodgers seems to have realised that KDH and Ndidi are both required for team shape and that we may be more effective as a team with Maddisonor Tiellemans rather than both.  He also seems to be seeing Albrighton's importance to more gifted players.

I would say we looked like a well coached team last night.

There is a long way to go.  We need  many more effective games but last night offered hope.  There seems to be good spirit.   The ideal scenario remains Rodgers turning it around.

Belief in, and loyalty to the manager are rare things these days where club owners (and fans) demand instant results and continuous success. However, the only two serious contenders in the last 3-4 years are those teams that have maintained stability in respect of their managers. While Klopp and Pep have been ruling the roost at 'pool and Citeh, Chelsea, Man utd, Spurs etc have all been at the fairground playing on the manager merry go round, with the result that they simply have not had the consistency to mount a serious challenge to the other two.

SAF had a dodgy first couple of seasons at first, but there is no doubt that Man utd's continued long term success was not coincidental to the fact that he was there for decades. similarly with Cloughie at Forest.

I'm Rodgers in but I understand why some would want him out after his record this season, but a lot of those people were Rodgers out when we finished 5th 2 years ago. What I don't like is some of the stupid conspiracy theories, how 1 unfounded rumour is used as confirmation of another fantasy fact. Anything that is said or done is twisted as proof of negativity, egotism, arrogance, cluelessness, throwing players under a bus. 

I was strongly Puel out from a very early point, I'm no happy clapper, but a manager who has won us the cup and qualified for Europe twice with us doesn't become a poor manager in 1 season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Belief in, and loyalty to the manager are rare things these days where club owners (and fans) demand instant results and continuous success. However, the only two serious contenders in the last 3-4 years are those teams that have maintained stability in respect of their managers. While Klopp and Pep have been ruling the roost at 'pool and Citeh, Chelsea, Man utd, Spurs etc have all been at the fairground playing on the manager merry go round, with the result that they simply have not had the consistency to mount a serious challenge to the other two.

SAF had a dodgy first couple of seasons at first, but there is no doubt that Man utd's continued long term success was not coincidental to the fact that he was there for decades. similarly with Cloughie at Forest.

Reasonable argument, however, I feel in some cases that managers can stay too long. I felt that Wenger stayed 3-4 years too long at Arsenal which meant that it has taken them longer to recover. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Because this is a football forum for fans of a football club to discuss issues concerning said football club. None of us decide on whether Lookman starts over Albrighton or KDH over Soumare, but we still discuss it. They may as well shut the whole forum down if we are all going to take that attitude. 

It's all hypothetical and, quite frankly, tedious.

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think it's ever been in question that the players have stopped playing for him.

Maybe not but there’s obviously been a lack of intensity/energy for a while and some would say players have been going through the motions, the last 3 games have been a complete difference which is my point, we’re doing the basics well again. 

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I did one after we beat Liverpool to prove how reactionary the board is and the mods deleted it. Seems like a double standard seeing as we have them after every defeat. 

I would support a new poll, as I am also curious if people are consistent in their views or changing from game to game, and I do believe regardless of opinion, every view should be equal so not happy threads that dont break rules are been deleted.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I'm Rodgers in but I understand why some would want him out after his record this season, but a lot of those people were Rodgers out when we finished 5th 2 years ago. What I don't like is some of the stupid conspiracy theories, how 1 unfounded rumour is used as confirmation of another fantasy fact. Anything that is said or done is twisted as proof of negativity, egotism, arrogance, cluelessness, throwing players under a bus. 

I was strongly Puel out from a very early point, I'm no happy clapper, but a manager who has won us the cup and qualified for Europe twice with us doesn't become a poor manager in 1 season. 

Is it possible to think his cycle has ended whilst still thinking he is a good manager? Your post seems to be a binary view point.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Is it possible to think his cycle has ended whilst still thinking he is a good manager? Your post seems to be a binary view point.

binary in what way?

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

You seem to be implying that if someone thinks it might time for change they think he is a bad manager.

Well why would you want to get rid of a good manager?

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well why would you want to get rid of a good manager?

For me, I just think he has hit his peak, the intense training sessions, player management has caught up on the injury front, other teams have worked him out, and his ideas are no longer fresh enough for the squad.  I do think there is managerial cycles in football.  Also I think managers can take a hit confidence wise, his strategic approach has changed during his time here, he is now more defensive than when he first joined the club.

However this doesnt mean I think he is a bad manager.

I might get proven wrong on the cycle thing, but I just dont want to be labelled as someone who thinks he is a trash manager.

Also whilst I think we should be considering change, I am ok with him staying for the season providing we not in immediate danger of relegation, which gives him a chance to change things around as well.  So I am giving him that bad season.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Chrysalis said:

For me, I just think he has hit his peak, the intense training sessions, player management has caught up on the injury front, other teams have worked him out, and his ideas are no longer fresh enough for the squad.  I do think there is managerial cycles in football.  Also I think managers can take a hit confidence wise, his strategic approach has changed during his time here, he is now more defensive than when he first joined the club.

However this doesnt mean I think he is a bad manager.

I might get proven wrong on the cycle thing, but I just dont want to be labelled as someone who thinks he is a trash manager.

It's true that all managers have a sell by date and 3 years in charge is a good run for a Premier league manager but the squad will be changed next season anyway, whether by this manager or another. We'll probably lose 4 or 5 players this year, we have youngsters coming through.

Time to start a new cycle with a good manager in charge.

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Webbo is incredibly binary. Everything is black or white. Which is decent as it makes decisions easy :D

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's true that all managers have a sell by date and 3 years in charge is a good run for a Premier league manager but the squad will be changed next season anyway, whether by this manager or another. We'll probably lose 4 or 5 players this year, we have youngsters coming through.

Time to start a new cycle with a good manager in charge.

Rodgers is quite clearly a good manager.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Rodgers is quite clearly a good manager.

He is. I always think the main argument is whether or not he’s an elite manager. Would he get a job with one of the top 5/6? I don’t think so. This comes from the media and pundits - merson and savage being the main culprits. They will shower him with praise when it’s going well but won’t criticise him on a bad run. 
Rodgers is a good manager when it’s going to plan but when a different approach is needed tactically he’s found  wanting imo. 
Hopefully we’ll finish this season stronger. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I would support a new poll, as I am also curious if people are consistent in their views or changing from game to game, and I do believe regardless of opinion, every view should be equal so not happy threads that dont break rules are been deleted.

....they will change from game to game, it is all very emotional as opposed to being objective!!!