Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Another sub impact. Iheanacho gets an assist. Lookman did well and gave us a bit of an injection of pace down the right. 

Think he initially set up well - only change I may have made is to start with Lookman at RW and Albrighton at RB. 

I was wondering why you'd want Hamza there. We were so lopsided and had nothing on that side, so Leeds just overloaded the left.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I was wondering why you'd want Hamza there. We were so lopsided and had nothing on that side, so Leeds just overloaded the left.

He didn't really suit it. Understand he hasn't played there much but he looked a bit lost on the ball. Defensively okay but played Tielemans or Ndidi in to trouble at times. 

2 hours ago, jamesp26 said:

Potter in ;)

I know you jest but Potter is playing with Danny Welbeck and Neal Maupay as his strikers. If we had those we'd be 16th as well. 

Edited by Koke

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He didn't really suit it. Understand he hasn't played there much but he looked a bit lost on the ball. Defensively okay but played Tielemans or Ndidi in to trouble at times. 

Felt like Hamza had poor communication with Kasper, too, which led to at least two unnecessary corners.

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think Hamza was responsible for both Youri and Wilf being piss poor though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I don't think Hamza was responsible for both Youri and Wilf being piss poor though. 

No, but it does help when they're not put in riskier positions from a pass from Hamza. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No, but it does help when they're not put in riskier positions from a pass from Hamza. 

Unfortunate that Hamza just lacks that bit of speed in his play. His mentality is first class and he does have good moments but that seems to be what is holding him back. To be fair he has improved but probably not enough to get him more time on the pitch.

11 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Cags? Definitely not.

Tielemans was absolutely quality when signed, maybe improved for a year or so but definitely on a downwards slope for the last year.

Nacho is the one I thought long and hard over… eventually thinking that:

a. Should BR be given credit for playing someone out of desperation, him flourishing and then dropping him in the form of his life??

b. He must have always had that in him?

c. How’s he looking now??

Cags definitely not? Are you OK? He'd barely played before Rodgers got here and when he did he looked erratic. Rodgers played him and he seemed to grow in confidence and stature and was in the PL team of the season. Last season he was still very good up until the final stretch of the season bar the cup final where he was unbelievable. This season he's been muck, but the last 2 games he's been back to his best.

So yes, he's improved since he joined us. Whether Rodgers is responsible or its just by him being picked.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Methinks they attacked down both sides..plus I thought Hamza did quite well..especially with Ndidi & Tielemans ,

Weak in holding & defending our own top half of our own half..

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

He wasn't given much help, or get out..

Plus all season we play on both sides too close to the byeline..

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

I reckon it was the other way around..those two leave more holes open, than Liza's bucket....

Watching MOTD and what Rodgers has done for Barnes and KDH is enough for forgive a few turkeys he has made academy lads into future England Players ! We need a clear out of those who feel they are too big for us and then let Rodgers build a team around our star young talent 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got away with playing Hamza at RB. That was a real poor selection decision. Just didn’t have the confidence to get play the position properly 

I thought he did okay.  Right back could become his position (unlikely with us because we have three quality right backs).

When you say it was a poor decision, there weren't many options.  It was Choudhury or Albrighton.  I would.have gone Albrighton but was pleased that Choudhury acquitted himself well.  We seem to concede less when he is on the pitch.  Although he has started few games, he has started in at least   two of our clean sheet games.

What do you think he did poorly?

The left side of Thomas,KDH and Barnes, is young talented and you can see in their play they are really enjoying it, to say Brendan hasn’t improved those three would be grossly unfair….our season will be defined by the upcoming fixtures Palace, Saints and Villa….win those and top 8 or better is on, lose them, mid table,

Either way last six, won 4 drawn 1 lost 1 hardly the form of relegation scrappers….now let’s win (well) on Thursday….

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Methinks they attacked down both sides..plus I thought Hamza did quite well..especially with Ndidi & Tielemans ,

Weak in holding & defending our own top half of our own half..

Agree with this.  On the other flank Thomas had Barnes and KDH as attacking link-ups, whereas Hamza 's "out balls" were to the slow, underperforming Tielemans and Albrighton, who's tireless but without the same technical qualities as Barnes.

It’s not that people can’t have an opinion or criticism.

I just get the feeling there are some in here and other platforms that want people to fail so they can be right.

it’s happened with many managers, NP split the fan base, despite what he achieved.

I agree there have been some woeful performances this season, that can’t all be blamed on injuries, at times I’ve questioned BR but in the end we’d only try and get someone like him. Hopefully we have a strong end to the season and we can take it from there.

41 minutes ago, majaco said:

I thought he did okay.  Right back could become his position (unlikely with us because we have three quality right backs).

When you say it was a poor decision, there weren't many options.  It was Choudhury or Albrighton.  I would.have gone Albrighton but was pleased that Choudhury acquitted himself well.  We seem to concede less when he is on the pitch.  Although he has started few games, he has started in at least   two of our clean sheet games.

What do you think he did poorly?

Albrighton did a fine job there in the week.

He’s static in his passing action which runs down his passing options. Was never going to overlap or get past the halfway line. Couple of notable moves broke down where the interplay with Albrighton and Youri played it to him. 

Just looked the stats from the game and he’s the only non attacking player who didn’t complete a tackle for us. Not a great passer of the ball either, he’s passing completion average but it’s worthy mentioning both Amartey and Soyuncu were better on that stat. The Leeds penalty shout came from a cross where Choudhury idled out and gave Harrison the room. 

For me he just doesn’t have the attributes for a full back and it affected the ‘balance’. Our right hand side very rarely getting up the pitch in comparison to our left hand side. We notably improved with the subs as the team just fitted better. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I see people are giving credit to BR for the wins but we can’t criticise him when we lose 🤔 lol, While it’s great that we have won I’m still worried with trusting him to do a major rebuild 

Quid pro quo Chapero, you could say those that criticise him when we lose don’t give credit when we win 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

Credit for where it's due on the last 2 games, his substitutions have been good

Both subs scored at Burnley and nacho set up the winning goal yesterday

If he can continue to get these decisions right there may be a route out of the malaise

Time will tell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashdav86 said:

Credit for where it's due on the last 2 games, his substitutions have been good

Both subs scored at Burnley and nacho set up the winning goal yesterday

If he can continue to get these decisions right there may be a route out of the malaise

Time will tell

I think it is helping having a couple players back from injury that it means our squad depth is aided. Meaning better options off the bench or better options to change tactically and see out games. 

I'm not that keen on Mendy to be a long term option for us but in terms of yesterday, it was perfect for him to come on. Rather that and shore up the midfield than have Vestergaard come on and be up against the likes of Dan James.