Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

The left side of Thomas,KDH and Barnes, is young talented and you can see in their play they are really enjoying it, to say Brendan hasn’t improved those three would be grossly unfair….our season will be defined by the upcoming fixtures Palace, Saints and Villa….win those and top 8 or better is on, lose them, mid table,

Either way last six, won 4 drawn 1 lost 1 hardly the form of relegation scrappers….now let’s win (well) on Thursday….

Can he not have a bash at weaving his improvement magic on the right hand side as well then, or is he not ambidextrous? Or could it just be that we happen to have better young players on the left and it's little to do with the coaching staff? 🤔 

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can he not have a bash at weaving his improvement magic on the right hand side as well then, or is he not ambidextrous? Or could it just be that we happen to have better young players on the left and it's little to do with the coaching staff? 🤔 

I did comment on this in the Thomas thread that the plan is to mirror on the right also but injury to key personnel doesn’t allow currently.

We did see a glimpse recently with Ricky, Youri and Lookman/Albrighton doing the combos on the right (WHam / Wolves) couldn’t do it yesterday as no RB that is capable.

Until summer changes and when people fit the above will do it or once James fit have him at RB with Youri centre and Ricky wide right.

Combinations once everyone fit will improve as you’ll have Timmy, Albrighton, Lookman to use also.

As mentioned in Thomas thread the 2 sided combination set up kinda makes the #10 roll redundant so Maddison?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I simply don’t understand how fickle this forum can be.

If you felt he wasn’t good enough a couple of weeks ago then he isn’t good enough now. 

F10213E2-8CC2-482E-B7FF-D49FE0A14EAD.jpeg

4BF8FC5A-A029-4CA1-A874-0F1BD3C6886E.jpeg

I believe we have seen peak Brendan - he has done good work - but now we are left with his blind spots... time to move on.  The question with any manager is who can you get that would improve things?  Unless we have such a person then we are stuck.  Ralph Hasenhüttl in.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Quid pro quo Chapero, you could say those that criticise him when we lose don’t give credit when we win 🤷‍♂️ 

That’s true, he’s definitely got things right recently and I personally think he should be given a chance but not given the full reins with transfers 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Albrighton did a fine job there in the week.

He’s static in his passing action which runs down his passing options. Was never going to overlap or get past the halfway line. Couple of notable moves broke down where the interplay with Albrighton and Youri played it to him. 

Just looked the stats from the game and he’s the only non attacking player who didn’t complete a tackle for us. Not a great passer of the ball either, he’s passing completion average but it’s worthy mentioning both Amartey and Soyuncu were better on that stat. The Leeds penalty shout came from a cross where Choudhury idled out and gave Harrison the room. 

For me he just doesn’t have the attributes for a full back and it affected the ‘balance’. Our right hand side very rarely getting up the pitch in comparison to our left hand side. We notably improved with the subs as the team just fitted better. 

But Hamza did put in 3 stonking tackles

and he got some good clearances off,

Often without much help...plus he didn't half get Some hospital-passes. This has

also been the same for Castagna when playing right back..

Plus his own teammates didn't give a let out, where Soyu & Thomas,KDH ,we're creating that get out for each other

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I did comment on this in the Thomas thread that the plan is to mirror on the right also but injury to key personnel doesn’t allow currently.

We did see a glimpse recently with Ricky, Youri and Lookman/Albrighton doing the combos on the right (WHam / Wolves) couldn’t do it yesterday as no RB that is capable.

Until summer changes and when people fit the above will do it or once James fit have him at RB with Youri centre and Ricky wide right.

Combinations once everyone fit will improve as you’ll have Timmy, Albrighton, Lookman to use also.

As mentioned in Thomas thread the 2 sided combination set up kinda makes the #10 roll redundant so Maddison?

Lookman lightweight and offers little on the right (better on left in fairness). Albrighton sadly towards the end of his day's. Castagne unconvincing. Tielemans not worth his place for a few games now and would drop him for Rennes and include in form Maddison if fit (Tielemans off in the summer anyway).

I didn't see much difference in our performance yesterday and in the week really except we didn't make stupid mistakes in defence and we defended set pieces well. We scored decent goals but we do just about every game, anyway. But posters falling off the deep end and calling for Brendan to be sacked are nowhere to be seen. Be consistent and objective.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I simply don’t understand how fickle this forum can be.

If you felt he wasn’t good enough a couple of weeks ago then he isn’t good enough now. 

F10213E2-8CC2-482E-B7FF-D49FE0A14EAD.jpeg

4BF8FC5A-A029-4CA1-A874-0F1BD3C6886E.jpeg

I believe there are people who think the manager confidence question is asking whether you want him to stay or leave solely based on this one match in isolation. No idea why anyone would think that, but there was one or two on here that said they did years ago.

40 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Lookman lightweight and offers little on the right (better on left in fairness). Albrighton sadly towards the end of his day's. Castagne unconvincing. Tielemans not worth his place for a few games now and would drop him for Rennes and include in form Maddison if fit (Tielemans off in the summer anyway).

I must watch a different game, because lookman looks one of our stronger players, holding the ball up etc...

Guest ttfn
22 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I didn't see much difference in our performance yesterday and in the week really except we didn't make stupid mistakes in defence and we defended set pieces well. We scored decent goals but we do just about every game, anyway. But posters falling off the deep end and calling for Brendan to be sacked are nowhere to be seen. Be consistent and objective.

I think you’re right. There’s not an awful lot of difference. And I say that as somebody on the other side of the fence to you here.

I also think the Rodgers in/out debate has been unnecessarily polarised around results and it has been for a while. Anybody changing their mind to “Rodgers out” after we lost at Wolves or to “Rodgers in” after we beat Leeds is not seeing the bigger picture. 

For me the question with Rodgers is whether you trust him to lead a rebuild in the summer. Either way (and on pitch performances are clearly a part of any rational assessment) then an unlucky defeat or a lucky win shouldn’t shake your view of what’s best for the future of the club.

I'm a results based man. If he can get better results from now on I'll be 100% Rodgers in. I'm still on the fence but we must reevaluate come end of season. Maybe we've turned a corner, i certainly hope so, I'd prefer stability ans Rodgers at his best is a very very good manager.

Most importantly 

I hope he's turned a corner as a  manager. He needs to be more and more pragmatic and learn from his mistakes. Let's see what happens. 

I'm cautiously optimistic! 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

I must watch a different game, because lookman looks one of our stronger players, holding the ball up etc...

On the right he runs down blind alleys and invariably loses possession, possibly trying too much. Easily knocked off the ball. Nevertheless, always gives his all.

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

On the right he runs down blind alleys and invariably loses possession, possibly trying too much. Easily knocked off the ball. Nevertheless, always gives his all.

Not sure that’s accurate? 

I sway between in and out with Rodgers. I know I shouldn’t. What I’d like to know is those that want him out is there anything that would make you change your mind. Say we finish top 8 and win the Europa conference. Would you still want rid? And the same with those who want him to stay. If we finish bottom half and get knocked out by Rennes. 
I think if we finish top half he’ll be here next season but if we finish bottom half he’ll be gone. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s not. 

He’s overly criticised for some reason 

The thing I like about him is he plays with positivity, always looks to get forward, will drive through midfield. He's a player that can make things happen and he brings a threat that we miss sometimes.

Should have taken a shot yesterday, he may be lacking in confidence or need a little more time, but I'm always happy to see him in the XI

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I sway between in and out with Rodgers. I know I shouldn’t. What I’d like to know is those that want him out is there anything that would make you change your mind. Say we finish top 8 and win the Europa conference. Would you still want rid? And the same with those who want him to stay. If we finish bottom half and get knocked out by Rennes. 
I think if we finish top half he’ll be here next season but if we finish bottom half he’ll be gone. 

...I  feel irrespective of what happens this season, he will still be here at the start of next season!!!

Our form has picked up slightly and a strong finish will just paper over the cracks. We have had resets and we start strong at the beginning of the season, Rodgers is a gamble we seem to be taking, so long as he has little influence on our acquisitions.

5 hours ago, ttfn said:

For me the question with Rodgers is whether you trust him to lead a rebuild in the summer. Either way (and on pitch performances are clearly a part of any rational assessment) then an unlucky defeat or a lucky win shouldn’t shake your view of what’s best for the future of the club.

I think we all expect Tielemans to go. Soyuncu probably as well. Rodgers can get away with those as the contract is running down and form hasn't been special.

Beyond that, is it tough. I hope there's nobody going who doesn't need to such as Barnes or Maddison. That will be a much harder sell to the fans.

• Like 1

We were soo lucky against Leeds yesterday, and 9 times out of 10 we lose that game. They were all us and deserved the win. 

We’re at home and playing like an away time with one up front, Vardy and Iheanacho should have started. 
Rodgers still needs to go in the Summer, as although we have kept 2 cleans, it was more due to Leeds missed chances and last gasp stops, rather than tactical awareness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2