Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

There is still a bit to worry about and we've been in this position a few times this season where things look up briefly before slumping hard again. Rodgers needs to to make the most of that momentum no matter what, I feel in the past he's been hampered by breaks and postponements where he's been allowed too much time between games and he ends up doubling down on his philosophy. I agree about The Conference League, it needs to be the focus.

He simply has to be considerate on players fitness and get some short term kindness that Fofana, Ricardo, Justin and Vardy remain fit. If those 4 are available then there's simply no excuses for us to not end the season well.

Lot of talk about 1-0 win, and how many shots the opposition had….how may 1-0 wins did we have in the title season? Quite a few from memory?

Keep a clean sheet you don’t lose….we did and we won…..we haven’t been all season and we don’t…..long may it continue…..

13 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Lot of talk about 1-0 win, and how many shots the opposition had….how may 1-0 wins did we have in the title season? Quite a few from memory?

Keep a clean sheet you don’t lose….we did and we won…..we haven’t been all season and we don’t…..long may it continue…..

about 6 i think, not really that many. 

On 07/03/2022 at 10:39, An Sionnach said:

The end of the Rodgers project and an acceptance that the current team is in decline. What the club do about that is likely to be based on financial issues. The overarching principle is keeping the club in the EPL , relegation in not an option with LCFC anymore.

We aren't going to get relegated if we lose at Old Trafford. We aren't going to get relegated this season.

Should your posts be called click bait?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Vardy out injured again after being rushed back.. Who could have predicted.

Impact injury on a completely different part of the body 🤷🏽‍♂️

I get that he probably shouldn’t haven’t have started, but the injury he picked up has nothing to do with being rushed back

• Like 3

The amount of injuries we have. 

This isn't bad luck this we are definitely doing something wrong.  Training or strength and conditioning or something needs changing because we shouldn't be getting this many injuries.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We aren't going to get relegated if we lose at Old Trafford. We aren't going to get relegated this season.

Should your posts be called click bait?

This is not about our current position or the unlikely event of us slipping into a dangerous position. We have been in indifferent form but defeat to a team in apparent turmoil would be a very difficult thing to justify and believe me the reaction on here would be dramatic. A lot of posters appear to be unable to accept any defeat, but defeat to them at this time is going to be a hard one to take. This match will be a vital indicator of how good we are and which way we are going.

No it won't, your reaction is dramatic. 

Most posters have the sense to judge us over a run of games, not start screaming about sacking the manager based on one result.

Should we beat Rennes home and away, win at Arsenal and beat Brentfford (unlikely scenario I agree) should he then be judged on the Man U result?

• Like 1

I’m very skeptical of Rodgers but Man Utd away is not a result we should be hinging his future on. 

He’s got two wins and a few good performances now, if he can transfer that to the Conference League he definitely buys himself a bit more time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

No it won't, your reaction is dramatic. 

Most posters have the sense to judge us over a run of games, not start screaming about sacking the manager based on one result.

Should we beat Rennes home and away, win at Arsenal and beat Brentfford (unlikely scenario I agree) should he then be judged on the Man U result?

Defeat by Rennes and Arsenal can be explained away based on current form, they are playing a lot better than us. Brentford should be a win , like Leeds and Burnley , we are playing better than them. We easily beat Man Utd. at home and they are now in even worse form. No doubt if we do lose Rodgers will find an excuse but few will believe him. This is not a " sack Rodgers thing with me" I am not really concerned about that. Managers are overrated on here , I am more concerned with the general direction of the club. In many ways we are looking at the end of a very successful cycle and the next one may be a while coming. We cannot go back to being a yo-yo club , we must remain in the PL.  The owners are going to have to make some hard and unsentimental decisions very soon.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Defeat by Rennes and Arsenal can be explained away based on current form, they are playing a lot better than us. Brentford should be a win , like Leeds and Burnley , we are playing better than them. We easily beat Man Utd. at home and they are now in even worse form. No doubt if we do lose Rodgers will find an excuse but few will believe him. This is not a " sack Rodgers thing with me" I am not really concerned about that. Managers are overrated on here , I am more concerned with the general direction of the club. In many ways we are looking at the end of a very successful cycle and the next one may be a while coming. We cannot go back to being a yo-yo club , we must remain in the PL.  The owners are going to have to make some hard and unsentimental decisions very soon.

You didn't read my post properly in your rush to bash out an answer.

I said should we beat Renes, Arsenal & Brentford would you then judge him purely on the Old Trafford result?

Just now, hackneyfox said:

You didn't read my post properly in your rush to bash out an answer.

I said should we beat Renes, Arsenal & Brentford would you then judge him purely on the Old Trafford result?

That would be a very great change of form and it could happen of course . I am not going to blame everything on Rodgers like some. He has been overrated but is a good manager. Its the players we have at the moment that concern me. We have injury prone and out of form players being held up by a few individuals like Amartey and KDH . We can stabilize and remain comfortable in the PL but probably not with this current squad. Rodgers has a big job on his hands managing a major transition. Is he up to it ? does he want it? We shall see.

Hate to mention the dreaded R word here... Rugby... But tigers had exactly this injury problem a few years back, new coach (Borthwick) comes in and clearly changes the training methods so that injuries all but disappear.

Has to be a similar scenario with the city.

P. S.  not suggesting we should poach

Borthwick... Yet 😂

• Like 1