Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 hours ago, Vazman said:

Credit to BR for this today, great use of Subs at exactly the right time, I still would like too see Nacho and Daka upfront together 

No. No credit to BR because, after just 20 minutes of football the melt started Vardy after being out for so long and now he’s injured again for another 3-4 weeks. Fuming with Rodgers.  So no credit to him from me 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

No. No credit to BR because, after just 20 minutes of football the melt started Vardy after being out for so long and now he’s injured again for another 3-4 weeks. Fuming with Rodgers.  So no credit to him from me 

Calm down,  I was referring soley to the match last night, I absolutely agree with you ref Vardy and others, and am the first to withold the praise, but last night was spot on, positive subs made an impact.

• Like 1

I thought it was a terrific performance by the team last night, across the 90 minutes. Fair play to Rennes for the first 20 minutes they were great value and it was nice to see a European side come and initially give it a go. The angling runs they made to force Dan and Cags to constantly play wide was impressive and by doing that they boxed us in and the touchline became essentially an extra defender for them, limiting space and making it extremely difficult to play out as they set up as 4-4-2 with full backs pushed very high, against our midfield 3.

The turning point for me was after about 25 minutes and we finally broke that pressure with Albrighton carrying the ball a good 50-60 yards. No side in the world can play like for 90 minutes and we were always going to get chances, but we just needed to be patient.

This is now where I get shutdown, but a large proportion of our fan base want is to constantly play football at 100 miles an hour and every ball has to go forward. If we did that last night with Daka it simply wouldn't have worked as he was constantly isolated on his own due to the way Rennes set up, which really pushed our midfield back towards our back four. You can play it quick but the distance between the midfield and attack has to be closer, which is what essentially happened once Rennes started to run out of gas.

Tactics for me who is very much Rodgers in, spot on last night.

Edited by J@mes1982
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, J@mes1982 said:

I thought it was a terrific performance by the team last night, across the 90 minutes. Fair play to Rennes for the first 20 minutes they were great value and it was nice to see a European side come and initially give it a go. The angling runs they made to force Dan and Cags to constantly play wide was impressive and by doing that they boxed us in and the touchline became essentially an extra defender for them, limiting space and making it extremely difficult to play out as they set up as 4-4-2 with full backs pushed very high, against our midfield 3.

The turning point for me was after about 25 minutes and we finally broke that pressure with Albrighton carrying the ball a good 50-60 yards. No side in the world can play like for 90 minutes and we were always going to get chances, but we just needed to be patient.

This is now where I get shutdown, but a large proportion of our fan base want is to constantly play football at 100 miles an hour and every ball has to go forward. If we did that last night with Daka it simply wouldn't have worked as he was constantly isolated on his own due to the way Rennes set up, which really pushed our midfield back towards our back four. You can play it quick but the distance between the midfield and attack has to be closer, which is what essentially happened once Rennes started to run out of gas.

Tactics for me who is very much Rodgers in, spot on last night.

Please 🙏🙏🙏 comment more often. Your understanding of the game is much appreciated

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Morrisons are going need to stock-pile pallet loads of Humble Pie before the season is out.  FT members deserve a discount.

Let’s just wait until the end of the season shall we? I'm still not entirely convinced. We are definitely starting to look better though. 

2 hours ago, Vazman said:

Calm down,  I was referring soley to the match last night, I absolutely agree with you ref Vardy and others, and am the first to withold the praise, but last night was spot on, positive subs made an impact.

yeah I know you were. I’m just livid that we don’t seem to be learning from all the injuries we’ve been having.

10 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think it feels like the board have sat him down some point after the Wolves match and reassured him he is their man but given him a polite kick up the arse at the same time. 

....something has happened between him and the Board!!!

His attitude has changed, you you can tell in his tone and what he now says in interviews. He may have got the nod that the Manchester United job is there for him at the end of the season or Atalanta maybe his next port of call, but something has happened to move the needle.

If Brendan can keep this turn around in form and results going I may well change my mind about him. I’m sure he will be delighted and rest a lot easier knowing this. 

At the moment, though, credit where it’s due, he is doing ok. We aren’t pulling up trees, but then neither are we pulling our own pants down. 

19 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't help but think its because he's not over complicating things due to limited options, if Fofana hadn't got Covid he'd have probably gone to a back five.

I’m hoping its safe to say but the days of regularly seeing a back five are a thing of the past. 

Some would say we have been playing like a pound shop Man.City and with the players we have that doesn't work. Rodgers seems to have at last worked out our team's strong points and has adjusted tactics to suit. We are looking a much more cohesive outfit now. If we can't beat everybody at least now we look competitive.

21 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't help but think its because he's not over complicating things due to limited options, if Fofana hadn't got Covid he'd have probably gone to a back five.

Yes, and without any good reason. We're now starting to get comfortable with a 4 and confidence is growing. Time to leave it alone.

Thing is, we put up a decent performance this afternoon but lose to an Arsenal team in good form. There will still be some on here who will blame Rodgers and call for him to be sacked. You get the mantra "we should not be losing to these with our squad" all the time. We are a good team but not that good and we will lose games to teams like Arsenal. As long as we compete properly in every game and play in a cohesive ,organised way I will be happy.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is, we put up a decent performance this afternoon but lose to an Arsenal team in good form. There will still be some on here who will blame Rodgers and call for him to be sacked. You get the mantra "we should not be losing to these with our squad" all the time. We are a good team but not that good and we will lose games to teams like Arsenal. As long as we compete properly in every game and play in a cohesive ,organised way I will be happy.

....I am not sure where this post is coming from!!!

If you read the post pre- game, everyone is trying to put together a team that can go out there and attempt to compete with a team very much in the ascendency. We have to rest players and bring in fringe players to attempt to compete, no one is going to be crying about we should beat teams like Arsenal, we probably all agree that this will be a loss, the question should be, by how many!!

Many on here will be happy to take the defeat, if it meant we have our strongest team available, to see us through in the second leg

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure where this post is coming from!!!

If you read the post pre- game, everyone is trying to put together a team that can go out there and attempt to compete with a team very much in the ascendency. We have to rest players and bring in fringe players to attempt to compete, no one is going to be crying about we should beat teams like Arsenal, we probably all agree that this will be a loss, the question should be, by how many!!

Many on here will be happy to take the defeat, if it meant we have our strongest team available, to see us through in the second leg

I agree with you of course , its just the extreme reaction from some after every defeat that tires me. Personally I think our poor form this season is as much to do with the players and a poor attitude as it is to do with Rodgers. However the example being set by our less sung players like Amartey , KDH and Albrighton appears to be getting through to the others which is a good sign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A question for the staunch Rodgers apologists, if this injury problem continues next season and as a result we are nowhere near our best then will you continue to ignore that something needs to be done about it?

I for one welcome an improvement in performances and results recently but isn't it all very tainted with what could have been with a fit squad? It's why I'm so despondent about rebuilds and planning as it's all pretty pointless if him and his staff can't stop this horrendous injury problem we have. He'd have to go if this continues next season.

Good to see they've apparently made the head of medicine take the fall in recent weeks, like Congerton there seems to be changes a foot and that its not Rodgers taking the blame for them. However, he then has very little room to hide if it's no better next season.

The very possibity that you might have been incorrect terrifying you I see. lol

In all seriousness, nothing is proven yet, but if we continue to see improvements in results and importantly a downturn in injuries, there can be little to moan about.

30 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Rodgers apologists.... That's a strange turn of phrase. 

He's not perfect but I do back him and want him to continue as manger. So What am I supposed to be apologising for?

The highest win ratio of any manager in the clubs history?

2 of the clubs highest league position finishes ever? 

The first fa cup win in the clubs 138 year history? 

3 quarter finals (providing we see of Rennes next week) and one semi final of cup competitions?

Seems strange to expect people to apologise for achievement. 

He's done well, this last year has been abysmal in the league though and we've made a pigs ear of a shocking Europa League group and inexplicably capitulated in one of those QF's you mention. All of this is exacerbated by injured and that is almost entirely where I criticise Rodgers and what others try and argue.

He's a good coach, he's given us some sensational attacking displays and if he could keep the squad fit then I'd honestly have very little issue with him here. I've doubts about his ability to put new teams together but I love how he improves players he inherits and he's very pro young players and academy players which is music to my ears.

I can forgive some of the defensive issues as he gets it right plenty of times too and I do think he's learning with the chronic set piece pr9blem he refused to acknowledge for a long while.

BUT this is futile if we continue to get injury after injury. If fans make excuses that it's the injuries that are preventing us from challenging for the top 6 again then they must also accept that whilst that continues we're likely to under achieve and that's what I can't get away from. I want to see tangible evidence of the club improving the handling of players and back it up with less injuries and give us the very best possible chance of continuing this hacienda period we are in.

It's a long way back when the momentum has gone and that's why I'm so desperate to not take what we have built here for granted. Rodgers isn't above that.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The very possibity that you might have been incorrect terrifying you I see. lol

In all seriousness, nothing is proven yet, but if we continue to see improvements in results and importantly a downturn in injuries, there can be little to moan about.

If I am proven wrong I'll be the first to acknowledge that. I've been regularly wrong over the years, I'd love Brendan to learn how to manage a squad without relentless injuries but it's well over a decade since any of the clubs he's been at weren't crippled by injuries for lengthy periods. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If I am proven wrong I'll be the first to acknowledge that. I've been regularly wrong over the years, I'd love Brendan to learn how to manage a squad without relentless injuries but it's well over a decade since any of the clubs he's been at weren't crippled by injuries for lengthy periods. 

I was joshing, people will hold their hands up if he can truly turn it around, and this includes me if he cannot. For me people still underplay the  damage the defence injury crisis has caused. If Rodgers caused this is open to debate, and despite correlations, of which there are many I agree, he has earnt this extra chance once the squad is more complete in terms of fitness.

• Like 1