Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I forgot we lost both of those games heavily 

I'm not sure what involvement the manager has in the opposition missing their chances. If the wolves game was unlucky for us then the Leeds game was one that we didn't play well enough to win, you can't have it both ways.

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Why are people moaning about an ok performance with a make shift team (injuries and resting for a European trophy) against a full strength Arsenal team? Baffling 

It’s the same arguments which occurred with the Liverpool game. 

You have to firstly acknowledge that we were playing the form team of the division today for starters. Alongside the make shift team. 

• Like 1

I have been Brendan out most of the season but don't think that was anywhere near has horrendous as many of the other poor performances we have endured in his tenure. Played against a solid team we have European football as our priority now. 

Dont think you can call for the sack based purely on todays game.

We were never going to go down there and win today. 

I’d take losing if it means we get past Rennes Thursday 

I don’t think we were that great today. A bit livelier for the last 20 mins of the first half, but that only really consisted of chucking in a few dangerous crosses (we had 88% possession at that time) so could actually say we didn’t do enough with the possession we had.

Absolutely toothless second half. 

Was definitely a pen for me I’m afraid. 

On Thursday we lost the upper hand in the match when Ian came on. Rennes pushed further up the pitch, after us losing the ‘pace’ of Daka. 

To that end, it was never going to end well for Ian today as isolated as he was. Vardy would’ve struggled out there away at Arsenal. But I could’ve told you that before kick off. Try two up front. Mix it up. Don’t be scared to try something different. The game was lost when we announced the team and it was a lone striker again. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Some of you just want him Rodgers gone and will use any excuse to stick the boot in. It's really weird.

I dont have a strong in / out opinion, however your argument of any excuse too see him gone, is equally balanced by those making excuses for him to stay, thankfully that decision is left to those who pay his wages.

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Arteta has brought an identity to Arsenal with his focus of buying young players and playing more direct press while we were passing sideways.

I don't know what Brendan's style is? 

What Identity he wants Leicester to be and what type of players he wants to bring in the summer.

Someone enlighten me!

I don't think we have a style, genuinely. 

Obviously it used to be quick pacey counter-attacking football, now it just seems to be the odd Counter and some slow build up play, just neither here nor there. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very frustrating. Watching Daka now makes it look like he's absolutely pony and we've made a mistake and yet rewind to the 1st half of the season where he never played up there on his own and he barely put a foot wrong and impressed.

That's on the manager, if he's not suited to the only way of playing he wants to play then that's on him. It's not as if Iheanacho and Daka don't have an insane goals and assists record in a front 2 for us either. Just brainless management at times.

I reckon a lot of neutrals are watching us wondering how the hell we finished so high in the past two years when they fully deserved to be up there and still should be.

This league season has been awful.

• Like 1

Brendan pretending he didn't know what the ECL was, even as our name was pulled out the hat and then going on to make it so much his only focus that he couldn't be arsed with today is slightly galling, even if it was generally the right decision.

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

His subs today were pointless. 

No change in approach despite a complete farcical attacking display. 

Was just a pointless display today 

His subs have always been questionable for me.

And today, yet again, it's like for like and not game changing.

Today was pathetic.

Just now, majaco said:

Rodgers rotated as people wanted.  He protected players from injury as demanded

An injury affected team, with Vardy, Evans and Fofana out, with Perreira, Justin ad Maddison recovering from recent injury and Ndidi and Tielemans rested lost against a good team.  We played an intense game on Thursday.  Before the game , some posters were aware of these factors; after the game, some posters think Rodgers is inadequate.

Got no problem with the changes, he was right to do so and I'm OK with us being beaten as it was likely to happen. I'm just very frustrated that yet again we started like slugs in a bath of salt and yet again were undone by a comical set piece bit of defending.

We eventually grew in to the game and thought we stood a bit of a chance of making it a game and then we do the same again 2nd half. What on earth does he say to them before games and at half time? They seem to be in a daze at the sheer amount of drivel he spouts. 

But worse than all of that was he made the same subs he was going to make at 1-0 than when we'd then had the penalty given and were 2-0 down. What's the point? We were never ever going to get 2 goals in that set up, we had to mix it up to trouble Arsenal and he clearly wasn't interested. The debacle with refusing to play Daka and Iheanacho together since Vardy got injured at Xmas is just so bizarre as well. It worked before as well and yet both of them find it so difficult up there on their own, especially when chasing a game.

I fear for what happens if we can't get out of France on Thursday evening with a 1 goal defeat or better, it really does look a spicy encounter does Thursday. Rennes will be very bullish, they'll sense they've still a real chance. Got to earn his obscene money we pay him and right the wrongs of his diabolical European record.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

His subs today were pointless. 

No change in approach despite a complete farcical attacking display. 

Was just a pointless display today 

JJ for Ricardo was probably pre planned. No idea why Mendy was taken off when we could've made a more attacking change by bringing Lookman on the right with his pace - albrighton was looking tired today and would've been one to rest a bit assuming he starts Thursday

• Like 1

Wish he’d stop playing this awful isolated one up top with wingers in away games. Overplayed for 90 minutes and were never likely to score today

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1