Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Brendan pretending he didn't know what the ECL was, even as our name was pulled out the hat and then going on to make it so much his only focus that he couldn't be arsed with today is slightly galling, even if it was generally the right decision.

Suddenly it’s the most important thing left in our season because our performance in all the other competitions we’ve entered has been so poor. In fact we’re only in it because our performance in one of the competitions was so poor.

Now we’re in it we may as well try and win it and to that end I get the rotation but there were 13 league games left before kick off today - 1/3 of a season. We shouldn’t just be sacking off the league games. What happens if we go out on Thursday? Are we back to pretending we didn’t fancy her anyway?

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But it’s not about that. Genuine question. What am I missing that you’re seeing this season. Why am I fickle but those who are standing by Rodgers more reasonable in their approach. I don’t understand how people can watch some of the shortcomings (but perfectly happy try and understand) and be comfortable with our management team. Things like:

slow starts 

struggling against some very good but also some poor/out of form teams (Leeds, though we won ran through us. Brighton after we went 1-0 up did the same). 
defensive shortcomings

set piece defending

choice of strikers/lack of penetration when Vardy doesn’t play.

midfield being overrun.

weak mentality. Giving away leads when it just shouldn’t be. 
embarassing results. 

Yes, the injuries have been difficult but surely it’s the managers job to at the very least prepare the team to compete - I think we’ve struggled to do that for large parts. 

I'm not calling anyone fickle, you're entitled to your opinion. I just find some of the comments about Rodgers a bit ridiculous. If he plays someone and they get injured its his fault they're injured, if he rests players he's not trying.

Lack of penetration when Vardy isn't playing, well he's played Ihenacho and he's played Daka, who would you have played?

Defensive frailties yes but injuries to our best defenders kinda make that inevitable.

Losing away to 1 of the form sides in the division shouldn't be a massive shock to anyone.

I don't know who you think we're going to get who's going to do better?

Edited by Webbo

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got no problem with the changes, he was right to do so and I'm OK with us being beaten as it was likely to happen. I'm just very frustrated that yet again we started like slugs in a bath of salt and yet again were undone by a comical set piece bit of defending.

We eventually grew in to the game and thought we stood a bit of a chance of making it a game and then we do the same again 2nd half. What on earth does he say to them before games and at half time? They seem to be in a daze at the sheer amount of drivel he spouts. 

But worse than all of that was he made the same subs he was going to make at 1-0 than when we'd then had the penalty given and were 2-0 down. What's the point? We were never ever going to get 2 goals in that set up, we had to mix it up to trouble Arsenal and he clearly wasn't interested. The debacle with refusing to play Daka and Iheanacho together since Vardy got injured at Xmas is just so bizarre as well. It worked before as well and yet both of them find it so difficult up there on their own, especially when chasing a game.

I fear for what happens if we can't get out of France on Thursday evening with a 1 goal defeat or better, it really does look a spicy encounter does Thursday. Rennes will be very bullish, they'll sense they've still a real chance. Got to earn his obscene money we pay him and right the wrongs of his diabolical European record.

As always @Ric Flair, your points are considered.  But I also think you are so firmly Rodgers out that you react to Rodgers quite rapidly.

The subs were limited.   Clearly  there was a plan to replace Perreira with Justin;  this seems sensible as both are class players coming back from injury.  I think Ndidi might have been more of a reluctant change.   Iheanacho's withdrawal was probably planned as he is rarely given 90.

Tielemans was probably rested but he has not been his best recently.  If he had.come on, he would have replaced Maddison who is more.likely to find a key than anyone else in the team currently.  To me, Maddison was dropping too deep today to try to influence things.

Possibly our only other option from the bench was Lookman.

Ultimately,  our squad is not strong enough to cope currently.    Rodgers has probably strengthened the squad.  It is the first 11 that needs to be strengthened ASAP.  Partly, returning players will help. Recruitment in the summer is make or break for Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

As always @Ric Flair, your points are considered.  But I also think you are so firmly Rodgers out that you react to Rodgers quite rapidly.

The subs were limited.   Clearly  there was a plan to replace Perreira with Justin;  this seems sensible as both are class players coming back from injury.  I think Ndidi might have been more of a reluctant change.   Iheanacho's withdrawal was probably planned as he is rarely given 90.

Tielemans was probably rested but he has not been his best recently.  If he had.come on, he would have replaced Maddison who is more.likely to find a key than anyone else in the team currently.  To me, Maddison was dropping too deep today to try to influence things.

Possibly our only other option from the bench was Lookman.

Ultimately,  our squad is not strong enough to cope currently.    Rodgers has probably strengthened the squad.  It is the first 11 that needs to be strengthened ASAP.  Partly, returning players will help. Recruitment in the summer is make or break for Rodgers.

The problem with planned changes is, they don't cater for all eventualities if you are serious about trying to overturn a result. We needed to change the dimension, Ricardo should have gone off but did Iheanacho need to? We caused Arsenal no end of problems going 4-4-2 at home and its not just today, since Vardy got injured at Xmas he's not once partnered Daka and Iheanacho together, not from the start or whwn chasing a game bar Forest away when the game was done. Its so so odd given they'd done very well together in the 1st half of the season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem with planned changes is, they don't cater for all eventualities if you are serious about trying to overturn a result. We needed to change the dimension, Ricardo should have gone off but did Iheanacho need to? We caused Arsenal no end of problems going 4-4-2 at home and its not just today, since Vardy got injured at Xmas he's not once partnered Daka and Iheanacho together, not from the start or whwn chasing a game bar Forest away when the game was done. Its so so odd given they'd done very well together in the 1st half of the season. 

Was never going to change to 4-4-2 after being unbeaten in 4 and 3 clean sheets in a row, I guarantee if he had done that and lost 99% of Foxestalk would be moaning.

At 2-0 with Nacho on a yellow and Arsenal players looking to throw themselves to the ground was it worth keeping him on?  

34 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

His subs today were pointless. 

No change in approach despite a complete farcical attacking display. 

Was just a pointless display today 

....I failed to understand starting Albrighton for this game, then failing to take him off when he was clearly running on fumes!!!

Is Rodgers really a good man manager, or is that a myth perpetrated by his media friends, as too often players who are in the Redzone are wheeled out to play and then fail to recover for weeks due to injuries in training or in game time.

I am sure Albrighton will give everything for the team, when asked, but you wonder if Rodgers cares about the individual or just about himself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You really don’t like him do you ? 🤣

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Was never going to change to 4-4-2 after being unbeaten in 4 and 3 clean sheets in a row, I guarantee if he had done that and lost 99% of Foxestalk would be moaning.

At 2-0 with Nacho on a yellow and Arsenal players looking to throw themselves to the ground was it worth keeping him on?  

Depends whether you wanted to try and chase the game or not. It's no surprise though, he's not done it in any league game since before Xmas.

11 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

You really don’t like him do you ? 🤣

Hahahaa I used to!!! I stuck up for him at the end of 2019/20 when plenty questioned him, likewise at the end of last season but maybe with a little less gusto. Bit I've snapped and I can't ignore it. I just say the same thing over and over and over again. I can feel myself doing it and I can't help it. He's broken me!!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I am tired of hearing the injury excuse, We have been awful for over a year now

With Key Quality players having injuries & uut for months,or recoccuring injuries...

Back line decimated...for over a Year now...

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends whether you wanted to try and chase the game or not. It's no surprise though, he's not done it in any league game since before Xmas.

We looked very leggy from Thursday to me. 

I think it was a pragmatic approach today, rested as may as possible, gave Riccy and Justin game time, getting a result would have been a bonus.

Need to look at the big picture, ECL Thursday and get the squad as health as possible between now and the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

With Key Quality players having injuries & uut for months,or recoccuring injuries...

Back line decimated...for over a Year now...

Back line decimated for over a year now?? lollol  we had a chance to sort out in the summer and he chose to get Bertrand and Veste in, this season that's on him 

• Like 3

I was quite optimistic with Rodgers subs in the last few games but today he went back to his old ways. Ndidi for Mendy, completely pointless as was Daka for Nacho. If Rodgers felt the game was lost after we went 2-0 down, he should have taken Barnes & Albrighton off to rest them. If he thought we could still get a point, he should've put Nacho & Daka together and try to score. He did neither, completely muddled thinking.

• Like 4

I'm not coming on here to say Rodgers has been brilliant this season because he's been far from it and even I questioned his position on several occasions but he's not going anywhere until September/October at the earliest.

Were nearly safe in the league and whether we win the ECL is irrelevant.....reality is we probably won't....be surprised if we got to the semi finals 

It will be a rebuild in the summer and dust ourselves off and go again with hopefully a mostly fit squad.

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We looked very leggy from Thursday to me. 

I think it was a pragmatic approach today, rested as may as possible, gave Riccy and Justin game time, getting a result would have been a bonus.

Need to look at the big picture, ECL Thursday and get the squad as health as possible between now and the end of the season.

Most definitely, Thursday will take a massive effort to get through even at 2-0 up as they'll come at us wave after wave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I am tired of hearing the injury excuse, We have been awful for over a year now

Awful for over a year? We only bloody won the FA Cup against Chelsea 10 months ago. And then beat Man City to win the shield 8 months ago. Terrible for over a year… Pfft. What incredibly high standards you have for our club. 🙄

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1