Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Were you expecting lightning to strike twice and win the league twice in a decade!?

Well, no, but our form has been well below what you'd expect since we unravelled about this time last year. In terms of points in the last 38 games I don't know how many we've got but I'd be shocked if it was far off relegation numbers. That's just a fact, we've been poor in the league for a long time. No agenda, no Rodgers out, no anything other than making a valid point. Its not good enough is it with the squad we've got here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I'm not calling anyone fickle, you're entitled to your opinion. I just find some of the comments about Rodgers a bit ridiculous. If he plays someone and they get injured its his fault they're injured, if he rests players he's not trying.

Lack of penetration when Vardy isn't playing, well he's played Ihenacho and he's played Daka, who would you have played?

Defensive frailties yes but injuries to our best defenders kinda make that inevitable.

Losing away to 1 of the form sides in the division shouldn't be a massive shock to anyone.

I don't know who you think we're going to get who's going to do better?

1. Combined with our Inability to defend a corner, isn’t it the managers job to get functionality out of the two strikers ? Neither works well alone (i think Daka will in the future but it’s too early for him to hold that role). The problem is, alongside our other shortcomings we keep trying the same thing until it becomes a major problem. 

2. Ok injuries. Fine. Yet the lack of cohesion in games you have admit is worrying. Especially the way we’ve been pulled apart. The Forest game for example. The players on the pitch are surely better then that ? Consistently playing a high line despite the injuries is something he can control if the injuries are something he can’t. 

3. no, it’s not. However it’s the issues surrounding the performances which worry the hell out of me. I thought we were very good second half v Rennes. Exceptional second half v West Ham. However, you can’t ignore that for 20 minutes nearly every game we are barely in it. Against sides out of form, that doesn’t change. Brighton/Leeds for example have struggle either side of their game with us. Against us for large parts they looked like prime Barcelona. 

4. There will always be candidates out there. It’s makes it hard because there isn’t an idea of budget. We don’t know what the managers get out is but we can. The point is, being Brendan out doesn’t mean he isn’t a good manager. He can be very good. However, sometimes a project runs it’s course. It just seems we are at that stage. 

• Like 3

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well, no, but our form has been well below what you'd expect since we unravelled about this time last year. In terms of points in the last 38 games I don't know how many we've got but I'd be shocked if it was far off relegation numbers. That's just a fact, we've been poor in the league for a long time. No agenda, no Rodgers out, no anything other than making a valid point. Its not good enough is it with the squad we've got here.

Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Everton etc have been what I’d describe as poor - fighting to stay in the league. We’ve been average to slightly below average hence why we’re hovering around mid table and that’s where we will stay this year.

Were you around in the nineties? That was bloody poor 😂

Guest Kopfkino

No idea why the same people are going in the same circles here. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon so it’s a bit pointless, yet some seem to strongly feel he should go but don’t seem to criticise the people that would need to make that decision.

Sure there’s reason to criticise and question but there’s also reason to cut a bit of slack and some have managed to get their knickers in a right twist over him. Think the league will be tougher next year and we need to spend money that we probably won’t but if we’re in a mire when the World Cup comes round then sure get him gone.

We just need a few new faces in the team/squad, with a bit more tenacity and leadership than the current lot. Be nice to see a little more from BR too but if that's not him, he needs to find it from someone else.

I’m okay with him getting the rest of the season but he needs to be shown the door unless we win the European Conference League.

We are not trending the right way and have not for a while.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

We just need a few new faces in the team/squad, with a bit more tenacity and leadership than the current lot. Be nice to see a little more from BR too but if that's not him, he needs to find it from someone else.

Ond of my main issues is that I look at our bench and see Kolo Touré next to him as his main assistant. I have to wonder what qualifies him for that position. I can't imagine anyone really challenging Rodgers. Obviously I don't watch them train, but I really can't imagine him being challenged. I might be miles off with this, ofcourse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

With Key Quality players having injuries & uut for months,or recoccuring injuries...

Back line decimated...for over a Year now...

There's teams with worse back lines available to them than us. Sometimes it's been down to the team selections, formations and tactics employed by Rodgers, particularly at set peices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Not enough nastiness about us. Kevin laughing with Lacazette, Ricardo not wanting the freekick for that handball throw incident. Just smash into them and pick up maybe 5 or 6 yellow cards across the team when they were having their spells. Arsenal were going down anyway trying to win freekicks for nothing so you might as well hammer into them and actually rough them up. 

We're all too nice at times. 

Probably for good reason, the players are all terrified of getting injured.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Ond of my main issues is that I look at our bench and see Kolo Touré next to him as his main assistant. I have to wonder what qualifies him for that position. I can't imagine anyone really challenging Rodgers. Obviously I don't watch them train, but I really can't imagine him being challenged. I might be miles off with this, ofcourse. 

....Chris Davies is Rodgers assistant Manager!!!

I have said it before, a season or so ago, I do not believe Rodgers is capable of working with someone who challenges him.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i do think people sometimes think we've got a right to be better than we are. 

this whole 'on paper we've got one of the best squads in the league' stuff - no we don't. 

we have some good players, yes - but also a lot of youth and naivety in the side. 

stack that up with all the injuries. 

not to mention the fact that there are very few teams in the league who are consistent and the ones who are genuinely do have better squads and less injury issues than us. 

could we be better? sure. if we won today we'd have been like 8th or some shit with games in hand. it's honestly not all that bad, all things considered? is it? 

or am I just some idiot with too lower expectations? I don't think so - I think some people need a healthy dose of realism medicine on here sometimes. 

our record in the last couple of months has been better, our play has been more coherent, we're not conceding quite as many stupid goals. it's improved - some people are still rattling on like we're as bad as we were a few months back. 

it's football, you win some you lose some - unless you're TRULY elite - which we're not. so... 

Agree, we have some entitled fans I'm afraid with expectations exceeding the reality of where we are.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Chris Davies is Rodgers assistant Manager!!!

I have said it before, a season or so ago, I do not believe Rodgers is capable of working with someone who challenges him.

How do you know he doesn't?

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Not enough nastiness about us. Kevin laughing with Lacazette, Ricardo not wanting the freekick for that handball throw incident. Just smash into them and pick up maybe 5 or 6 yellow cards across the team when they were having their spells. Arsenal were going down anyway trying to win freekicks for nothing so you might as well hammer into them and actually rough them up. 

We're all too nice at times. 

I don't even think it's nastiness as such that's the issue, it's canniness. We aren't a wily side.

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Back line decimated for over a year now?? lollol  we had a chance to sort out in the summer and he chose to get Bertrand and Veste in, this season that's on him 

Probably because he believed and sanely..he would have his best players

Available. & So did the fans at the time.

Smart asses can always be wise after the event.lol:P

Plus our budget for transfer & then their wages..he was told was also not available for the higher priced players..

What worries me most ain't even tactics after a match like that, rather our mentality. We're too weak. Soft as hell man. No one puts a crunching tackle in, we let them influence the referee etc. Step up and lead. Don't roll over to these lot 

And this is a massive flaw of Rodgers 

Edited by NasPb