Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's teams with worse back lines available to them than us. Sometimes it's been down to the team selections, formations and tactics employed by Rodgers, particularly at set peices.

No.

Disagree totally.

Our fringe players as individuals are ok but not when we are forced to play the them as a group for very long periods..

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

i do think people sometimes think we've got a right to be better than we are. 

this whole 'on paper we've got one of the best squads in the league' stuff - no we don't. 

we have some good players, yes - but also a lot of youth and naivety in the side. 

stack that up with all the injuries. 

not to mention the fact that there are very few teams in the league who are consistent and the ones who are genuinely do have better squads and less injury issues than us. 

could we be better? sure. if we won today we'd have been like 8th or some shit with games in hand. it's honestly not all that bad, all things considered? is it? 

or am I just some idiot with too lower expectations? I don't think so - I think some people need a healthy dose of realism medicine on here sometimes. 

our record in the last couple of months has been better, our play has been more coherent, we're not conceding quite as many stupid goals. it's improved - some people are still rattling on like we're as bad as we were a few months back. 

it's football, you win some you lose some - unless you're TRULY elite - which we're not. so... 

We're 12 points behind 8th place, it's not the people who are critical of our team's performance this season that keep deluding themselves of the quality of the team, it's the 'it's not that bad' members of foxes talk. I remember back in December it was 'we're not that far off of 6th place, stop overreacting' when getting into the European spots looked impossible, and now it's 'we're almost 8th place with games in hand' when we're closer the relegation zone than we are to spurs in 8th place. This team are miles off the pace and on paper we should be doing better, and doing better doesn't mean top 6, it means matching the points total of 18/19 (at a minimum) with a squad that has far more depth, quality and experience than we had back then.

Stop talking about 'elite' and actually look at the table and realise we're on track for a similar points total to 17/18 It's not us who needs a dose of reality...

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Probably because he believed and sanely..he would have his best players

Available. & So did the fans at the time.

Smart asses can always be wise after the event.lol:P

So, you actually believe it was worth spending money on a pair of donkeys because everyone thought they wouldn’t be needed?

And you seriously think this demonstrates his value to us? That this doesn’t exemplify his ineptitude at building a squad? That after all his time, the shortage in ability and depth in the squad isn’t his fault?

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After witnessing that shower today, I’ve pretty much had enough of Rodgers, tactics was appalling today, iheanacho cannot play up top on his own, Maddison often to deep, our only outlet Barnes was pretty much marked out of the game, Thomas should of been taken off after 30 minutes

Same old to much pissy passy football across the back when we had chances to break forward, we must be the easiest team to play against.

Something is very wrong, the balance is just not right, and this has been going on to long 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Probably because he believed and sanely..he would have his best players

Available. & So did the fans at the time.

Smart asses can always be wise after the event.lol:P

Plus our budget for transfer & then their wages..he was told was also not available for the higher priced players..

I think it was pretty obvious that they would be pretty crap tbh lol 

Jonny Evans had an injury problem for a little while so that only left us with Fofana and Cags as CB’s so we didn’t prepare well enough 

11 minutes ago, Daggers said:

So, you actually believe it was worth spending money on a pair of donkeys because everyone thought they wouldn’t be needed?

And you seriously think this demonstrates his value to us? That this doesn’t exemplify his ineptitude at building a squad? That after all his time, the shortage in ability and depth in the squad isn’t his fault?

Many were disappointed with choice but many happy that we were looking for cover..That they turned out to be flops or donkies was after the event..

But everybody to a man/girl on this site confirmed with their posts, they believed that we have our strongest ever squad..so your attempt of your last

Paragraph is worse than you accuse I & others lack of forethought..

And your last sentence total twaddle, because members of recruiting & higher managent including owners admitted the club simply don't have the funds.

15 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think it was pretty obvious that they would be pretty crap tbh lol 

Jonny Evans had an injury problem for a little while so that only left us with Fofana and Cags as CB’s so we didn’t prepare well enough 

Yes that preparation was damn poor, but that was down to club not all Rodgers...

And where do/did you think actually tying down an Automatic quality replacement or cover, was going to be that easy..We had a few lined up, but they didn't sign up for various mitigating reasons..both Rodgers & Rudkin actually mentioned this, Rodgers again openned up and told us how disappointed, he was that he had been plying early for  players & the players at the last moment dropped out..& not just on one occasion.

Wanting & getting are 2 different things.

Something this club & fans over a certain age conveniently tend to forget.

Our history has suffered this issue for many a year..

19 minutes ago, dayday said:

After witnessing that shower today, I’ve pretty much had enough of Rodgers, tactics was appalling today, iheanacho cannot play up top on his own, Maddison often to deep, our only outlet Barnes was pretty much marked out of the game, Thomas should of been taken off after 30 minutes

Same old to much pissy passy football across the back when we had chances to break forward, we must be the easiest team to play against.

Something is very wrong, the balance is just not right, and this has been going on to long 

If Barnes tried to move around a bit off the ball maybe he wouldn’t be marked out of the game so easily. He has massive talent but I fear a lack of desire (just based on what I see) to improve his game intelligence may stop him really progressing. 

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes that preparation was damn poor, but that was down to club not all Rodgers...

And where do/did you think actually tying down an Automatic quality replacement or cover, was going to be that easy..We had a few lined up, but they didn't sign up for various mitigating reasons..both Rodgers & Rudkin actually mentioned this, Rodgers again openned up and told us how disappointed, he was that he had been plying early for  players & the players at the last moment dropped out..& not just on one occasion.

Wanting & getting are 2 different things.

Something this club & fans over a certain age conveniently tend to forget.

Our history has suffered this issue for many a year..

Actually it’s common knowledge that BR went against club policy to bring those two in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Actually it’s common knowledge that BR went against club policy to bring those two in

Fair enough you've got your opinions, but what is this based on? First hand knowledge, or made up nonsense?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Ond of my main issues is that I look at our bench and see Kolo Touré next to him as his main assistant. I have to wonder what qualifies him for that position. I can't imagine anyone really challenging Rodgers. Obviously I don't watch them train, but I really can't imagine him being challenged. I might be miles off with this, ofcourse. 

I'd be quite happy with Scott Brown coming in tbh. Need someone to ruffle up some feathers. Away from all this nicey-nicey pally-pally malarchy

• Like 1

I honestly dont know what to think.

Im not comfortable with the default position of always being "change the manager". In the short term yes it usually leads to a moderate improvement, but to build something sustainable, who would we need?

Im not too bothered about today in isolation as the only focus is now the conference league, but there are trends in being soft, poor from set pieces, lightweight when missing talismen like vardy or tielemans.

But you also balance that against injuries at the wrong times, the spending on the new training ground, the two previous 5th places the FA cup....

Got no idea really.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Common knowledge  to FT- using their past historical posts..maybe

The club would have told him in no short terms if there was no agreement..not with us..Brendan..

Plus these past 2 seasons,not only from the manager,but management, we have heard

We don't have the budget, nor money resources to finance bringing any high 

Quality players across not just one window, but over now and near future.

One presumes relevant to Covid.

And at the time both Southampton players had fans accepting and others criticising those deals..& preseason & first games in the season praising Bertrand's performances..

Me personally I always wait a season..

I have learnt how this forum first takes up the immediate criticism stance..even on younger players..

We have the attitude be cynical & build a team of individual Scape goats..instead be a balanced support and use what history shows you..

Vardy, Ndidi,Fofana ,just after 6 games,the well known moaners suggesting he should go out on loan.

Then Justin,Ricardo,  MaddisonEvans,Kante Morgan.Huth ,Drinkwater,Mahrez

Not one player even before our title has not gone through this total lack of respect ,  incompetent posting..!! 

Worse of all rarely and pathetically not balanced out with fair support & encouragement..

Going really OTT by painstakingly chasing & insanely analysing every single mistake.

Though I am still Rodgers in...

Doesn't mean I like everything about him..his selections & subs, I see no logical reason to criticise any manager

Simply because every single fan will have his/her preferences how the team should be set up.

This season is for me a catastrophy, because from   our top quality players  being hit by injuries, some might actually have 'played'  an high % of games, but not with same teammates & returning to docs-work-bench needing more time to refind any inkling of decent form..It's then nion impossible as it shows

to create "the team" and character.

I question after a decent time pass by over 2 seasons, if the coaching staff,medical-staff & manager have got their training & general style of play set up for a top-end PL club.

Over my many years, I have seen & experienced in all walks of life stranger-than-fiction coincidences..but every time one is left gobsmacked, confused & bloody frustrated. Though this we won't know until later.

The 2 major issues for me and where I understand the Rodgers out brigade..

Was the very slow reaction of failing to recognise defending our set pieces & by not  having players on the post. Our CBs regularly showing they can't time their jumps to head the ball & often can't judge the flight. this is a basic skill and shows poor coachng & basic player awareness..

Whoops plus a 3rd..Leicester never on the front foot and actually scared to push forward..nothing wrong playing from the back, but play it out quicker and with intent..

Since Puel we have lost that feel for attack..and yes intensity & commitment.

We have seen both Puel & Rodgers shouting at the players to move it quicker. One reason I believe Gray lost his way..and now traumatised in believing he is capable of not thinking about defence..Barnes,Gray,Mahrez should never be seen so deep,only if tracking back and supporting by being  the get out only not in the middle of the scramble.

But I will wait until EOS, maybe start of next season before I say it's gone too far..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Many were disappointed with choice but many happy that we were looking for cover..That they turned out to be flops or donkies was after the event..

But everybody to a man/girl on this site confirmed with their posts, they believed that we have our strongest ever squad..

There’s gifs involving animals defecating that would be an apt response to this. Complete revisionist tosh, argument through invention.

I’d like to see him fully supported and get in whatever players he deems suitable so he can play his lung busting tactics. There are a lot of players we have not suitable to press as aggressive as he demands and if it falls short then like we’ve seen teams have field days against us and don’t have to do much to create chances against us.

BR needs to be more tactically flexible and games where we’re resting players against an in form Arsenal team we really shouldn’t be trying to win that ball so high up the pitch.

Covid has had a massive impact on the squad he has wanted to build.

I still support him but if we continue to concede as many chances next season and we have a fully fit squad plus additions then his tactics are fully to blame.

40 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’d like to see him fully supported and get in whatever players he deems suitable so he can play his lung busting tactics. There are a lot of players we have not suitable to press as aggressive as he demands and if it falls short then like we’ve seen teams have field days against us and don’t have to do much to create chances against us.

BR needs to be more tactically flexible and games where we’re resting players against an in form Arsenal team we really shouldn’t be trying to win that ball so high up the pitch.

Covid has had a massive impact on the squad he has wanted to build.

I still support him but if we continue to concede as many chances next season and we have a fully fit squad plus additions then his tactics are fully to blame.

....and we will have a team packed with players who are not suitable for the incoming manager!!!

It sounds like he wants to go to the Klopp style of play, he loves to condense the play and win the ball further up the pitch. The Guardiola way is a passing style and the same players are not going to work, so the next manager would need to play a certain style in order to properly utilise the existing players.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think Rodger's side to side and backwards style equals 'lung busting tactics'. In fact I don't really know what he's trying to do but whatever it is, it doesn't suit our current crop of players and his main focus should surely be about getting the best out of what he's got, not playing a system and employing tactics for players he hasn't got or wishes he had. He's neither Klopp or Guadiola and although relatively young in age, seemingly tries to emulate some sort of passing style of football long since discarded by modern coaches.

Our players, all over the pitch, have started to regress, why give him more money to try and attain his unattainable egotistical and theoretical pipe dream? As there are no decent alternative managers available at this stage of the season, keep him until the summer and dump him quickly like a hot potato before he can irrevocably damage us any further. 

Has our style of play changed much in the time he's been here? I think sometimes this gets mixed up with us just not performing well enough. The pressing stats seem down but the way we approach retaining the ball is no different. Are you saying possession based football doesn't suit this squad? 

I'm most annoyed that we're over 3 years in to Rodgers tenure here and we still don't have the attacking positions sorted, whether that's a central striker and 2 wide forwards or playing a system that suits the only other forwards to Vardy which is a front 2. We are so weak at right wing and have been the entirety of his tenure. 

• Like 3