Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I ask with all due respect and not wishing to confront - but for those wanting a change, do you have a clear & realistic notion of his replacement in your minds?

I only ask because I generally get the response 'That's not on me', and although that's true, it's also not on you to sack BR, so... I don't want him sacked at all, but if he does go, I want a sensible & progressive successor lined up.

BR  will go nowhere and imo there is no one better out there tbh respect for BR for what he has done at City, some fans on here have ripped into him and wanted him out ,just look at the injuries we have had this season 

• Like 2

Just now, majaco said:

Rodgers is the first manager to win the FA Cup with Leicester.   He is now the first Leiecester manager to reach the last eight of a European competition having qualified for Europe.  He must have done something right.

If we win the Europa League, it will be a he'll of an achievement.

Would be considering we ain't even in it. 😊

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

But my point that nobody has yet to successfully argue is, the injuries are and continue to be the reason that we'll be held back. It's not bad luck, he's had this problem (albeit not as bad as we're now seeing) at Liverpool and Celtic too after a few years, his teams can't handle competing across a number of competitions. So my question still stands, if we never get our squad back fully fit then when does his position become untenable?

When it can be proved that he's the cause, rather than a confidently repeated correlation.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I ask with all due respect and not wishing to confront - but for those wanting a change, do you have a clear & realistic notion of his replacement in your minds?

I only ask because I generally get the response 'That's not on me', and although that's true, it's also not on you to sack BR, so... I don't want him sacked at all, but if he does go, I want a sensible & progressive successor lined up.

Fofana scores and runs straight to BR. For me we have to give him the summer to get the squad sorted and see where we are at the turn of the year. I do think it's vitally important that we have someone overseeing the new signings though, he can't be solely in charge of that process. His skills are in coaching and man management not transfers. It's a shame we couldn't have Claude Puel to pick players as DOF/chief scout and BR to coach them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I still think it’s how we finish this season both in Europe and the league. Bottom half finish and getting knocked out next round and I think he’ll be gone. He’ll definitely see the end of this season. 
I’m swaying between in and out. 
Realistic options who I’d be happy with 

Rudi Garcia 

Lucien Farve 

Diego Martinez 

Niko Kovac 

All readily available. 
I want Rodgers to finish the season strongly and at least finish top half. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Rodgers is the first manager to win the FA Cup with Leicester.   He is now the first Leiecester manager to reach the last eight of a European competition having qualified for Europe.  He must have done something right.

If we win the Europa Conference, it will be a he'll of an achievement.

You've really stretched that lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

When it can be proved that he's the cause, rather than a confidently repeated correlation.

There's enough concerning and damning goings on that point the finger and its not justwhilst he was here. Ask Liverpool and Celtic fans.

If the mere average gob shite on here has to put together a huge dossier with unavoidable evidence to prove it and without that then he shouldn't be seriously questioned nor held accountable even if we go years and years with this problem and we're held back from fulfilling our potential then may I ask is there ever just cause for fans to question a managers position? After all its possibly not all their fault, or bad luck or devine inspiration.

Come on, at some point you have to consider, even if you're not prepared right now for it to cost his job that if this continues next year and however long the appetite is to let other areas of the club take the fall, there must be a point in which this would lead to you to consider it just might have run its course between manager and club.

He's a great coach, done very well here but far bigger and better managers have lost effectiveness and not been able to prevent a chronic issue whatever that might be and they've paid the price. I'm just perhaps there quicker than the large majority.

It's pretty much my single bug bear that makes me question him. I can put together enough rational and consideration to see his willingness, sometime too slowly may I add but willingness to change certain things. He's been beaten with enough sticks about set pieces, not being able to put up enough of a fight against the perceived big 6, not won a major English trophy etc and he's proven with some of it that he can do it and now he's back round having to figure other stuff and some of the same stuff again. But if he has to do this with 1 arm behind his back because of this diabolical and relentless injury issue that he nor his medical staff can fix then big decisions have to be made.

I've listed enough wreckless decisions he's made with players struggling with their fitness over the last season and if that's not even going to be considered by some of you lot then there's not much more I can do. It's easier to get through to my mum after a litre of gin and a power cut.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's enough concerning and damning goings on that point the finger and its not just whilst he was here. Ask Liverpool and Celtic fans.

If the mere average gob shite on here has to put together a huge dossier with unavoidable evidence to prove it and without that then he shouldn't be seriously questioned nor held accountable even if we go years and years with this problem and we're held back from fulfilling our potential then may I ask is there ever just cause for fans to question a managers position? After all its possibly not all their fault, or bad luck or divine inspiration.

Come on, at some point you have to consider, even if you're not prepared right now for it to cost his job that if this continues next year and however long the appetite is to let other areas of the club take the fall, there must be a point in which this would lead to you to consider it just might have run its course between manager and club.

He's a great coach, done very well here but far bigger and better managers have lost effectiveness and not been able to prevent a chronic issue whatever that might be and they've paid the price. I'm just perhaps there quicker than the large majority.

It's pretty much my single bug bear that makes me question him. I can put together enough rational and consideration to see his willingness, sometime too slowly may I add but willingness to change certain things. He's been beaten with enough sticks about set pieces, not being able to put up enough of a fight against the perceived big 6, not won a major English trophy etc and he's proven with some of it that he can do it and now he's back round having to figure other stuff and some of the same stuff again. But if he has to do this with 1 arm behind his back because of this diabolical and relentless injury issue that he nor his medical staff can fix then big decisions have to be made.

I've listed enough reckless decisions he's made with players struggling with their fitness over the last season and if that's not even going to be considered by some of you lot then there's not much more I can do. It's easier to get through to my mum after a litre of gin and a power cut.

First of all, always respect your willingness to answer fully and without personal attack - much appreciated.

Of course - you might be right - but at the end of the day it's all opinions. We don't really know what goes on, nor why we've had such a catalogue of injuries. Question him all you like, that's fine with me, and I'm sure every sentient fan reading this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

First of all, always respect your willingness to answer fully and without personal attack - much appreciated.

Of course - you might be right - but at the end of the day it's all opinions. We don't really know what goes on, nor why we've had such a catalogue of injuries. Question him all you like, that's fine with me, and I'm sure every sentient fan reading this.

I hate doing it, I really want to be able to ignore it but it's a fixation. I just hope I'm proven wrong, that would obviously be the welcome outcome.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hate doing it, I really want to be able to ignore it but it's a fixation. I just hope I'm proven wrong, that would obviously be the welcome outcome.

Sure - happily, I'm no longer fixated by any of it. The highs aren't so high nowadays, but the lows are far more bearable.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether people within the club (and maybe football) think or know the cause of the injury crisis/crises.

26 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You've really stretched that lol

Maybe.   But damning Rodgers is simple.  I chucked in some factual information.   I want Rodgers to do well, simply because I want Leicesterto do well.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 13:36, Gazza M said:

If we go out tomorrow night from this position I think his credibility goes right back to where it was before the Burnley away game. The clock would be ticking then big time. Personally I think we will get the job done though. 

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I still think it’s how we finish this season both in Europe and the league. Bottom half finish and getting knocked out next round and I think he’ll be gone. He’ll definitely see the end of this season. 
I’m swaying between in and out. 
Realistic options who I’d be happy with 

Rudi Garcia 

Lucien Farve 

Diego Martinez 

Niko Kovac 

All readily available. 
I want Rodgers to finish the season strongly and at least finish top half. 

So if we’d been knocked out tonight he should go. We got through but now of we finish bottom half and get knocked out next round he should go.

Appreciate that it’s two different posters but effectively if we don’t win it someone will be calling for his head.

More injuries tonight, obviously Rodgers to blame, means we will struggle to name a strong eleven for both league and euro games. If we don’t do well in both regardless of injuries he should go.

Basically he’s ****ed thanks to the miserable scrotes posting on here.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think the answer to that question is no in most cases. The BR witch hunt pauses for now but will soon be back in full swing from the vocal minority after the next bad result. Possibly Sunday considering we'll be down to the bare bones.

Show me where on the doll the person who wants Rodgers sacked touch you.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Have a look at the injury problems of every single non big six team to qualify for and play in Europe beyond Christmas. It’s the same every team, the injuries quickly start mounting up, unless you have huge squads and huge amounts of money it’s hard to cope with both a domestic campaign and  compete in Europe without picking up lots of injuries- add to this going deep in domestic cup competitions too, it’s hard if not impossible to do this without Man City or Liverpool’s budget. We’ve done this for two seasons in a row now, with no real break in between and it’s caught up with us this season. 
I don’t really see how this is the managers fault?

The squad size is irrelevant, you can only name 25 players in the PL and European squads which is what we've done. Having more players makes absolutely no difference. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The squad size is irrelevant, you can only name 25 players in the PL and European squads which is what we've done. Having more players makes absolutely no difference. 

Jinx.

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Have a look at the injury problems of every single non big six team to qualify for and play in Europe beyond Christmas. It’s the same every team, the injuries quickly start mounting up, unless you have huge squads and huge amounts of money it’s hard to cope with both a domestic campaign and  compete in Europe without picking up lots of injuries- add to this going deep in domestic cup competitions too, it’s hard if not impossible to do this without Man City or Liverpool’s budget. We’ve done this for two seasons in a row now, with no real break in between and it’s caught up with us this season. 
I don’t really see how this is the managers fault?

West Ham aren't riddled with injuries?