Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The squad size is irrelevant, you can only name 25 players in the PL and European squads which is what we've done. Having more players makes absolutely no difference. 

It’s not the size it’s the quality of that size, look at Man City for example they can rest Mahrez and bring in Sterling, take out Rodri and bring in Fernandinho, Foden for Jesus etc.

As we’ve seen this season when we lose or rest a top player, our team is significantly impacted in a way the top teams aren’t.
West Ham are starting now to go down with the injuries we had at the end of last season and they haven’t had the domestic cup runs we have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s not the size it’s the quality of that size, look at Man City for example they can rest Mahrez and bring in Sterling, take out Rodri and bring in Fernandinho, Foden for Jesus etc.

As we’ve seen this season when we lose or rest a top player, our team is significantly impacted in a way the top teams aren’t.
West Ham are starting now to go down with the injuries we had at the end of last season and they haven’t had the domestic cup runs we have.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It would in some cases, we haven't called upon Choudhury, Soumare, Vestergaard, Perez or Bertrand enough when they've been available to rotate with others because they haven't been able to step into the side and perform adequately over a consistent period of time this season - that's makes us like 5 players lighter. 

I expect Soumare will be able to be called upon more often next season, what happens with the other 4 is anyone's guess. 

We've gone to great efforts to supposedly strengthen our squad as opposed our starting XI and yet people are making excuses because the squad players aren't as good as the starting XI and therefore we can never rotate as much as we'd like. We can't rotate as much as we'd like because we've usually always got half a dozen injuries and at any given time more will get injured in games and have stay on or the amount of illnesses this squad has had this year supposedly not covid is just bizarre.

16 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Enjoyed him celebrating with the support last night. 

It's one thing I do really like about him. He definitely tries to connect with the supporters more than almost every Leicester manager in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

It's one thing I do really like about him. He definitely tries to connect with the supporters more than almost every Leicester manager in my lifetime. 

Yeah I think he does get it. 

It has been clear on the signing sections how we has interacted with those greatly. Last nights show at the end although not many left in the stand will have helped no end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The squad size is irrelevant, you can only name 25 players in the PL and European squads which is what we've done. Having more players makes absolutely no difference. 

....if the 25 is not the same as the European squad then the size of the squad is relevant!!!

If you have a squad of 25 for Europe and another squad of 25 for the PL then there will be 50 players competing on the clubs behalf. 

As a team with a lesser budget half of both teams will be included in both squads therefore there would be, on rough calculation 38 players competing on behalf of our club, a significant difference. 

I still believe behind the scenes practises are the reason for our injuries and an overhaul is required.

13 hours ago, majaco said:

Rodgers is the first manager to win the FA Cup with Leicester.   He is now the first Leiecester manager to reach the last eight of a European competition having qualified for Europe.  He must have done something right.

If we win the Europa Conference, it will be a he'll of an achievement.

By that logic we just need to fall far enough to outclass all of the opposition, and BR is a great manager? 

Maybe win the Leicestershire senior league? 🎉

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Obsessed 

It's passion for the club you, love same as you. Nobody wants to question, we all want us to be successful, but we all have our views based on what we perceive. Right or wrong is your opinion and rightly so. 👍🏼

I want him to do well as I have purchased a 40 foot Refrigerated Container load of Humble Pie for exclusive purchase to any FT member that feels morally obliged to purchase come May.  (I might have to keep some back for myself - if Vestagaard morphes in to Rudiger over the next two months.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I want him to do well as I have purchased a 40 foot Reefer Container load of Humble Pie for exclusive purchase to any FT member that feels morally obliged to purchase come May.  (I might have to keep some back for myself - if Vestagaard morphes in to Rudiger over the next two months.

Can I put my order in now?  More reefer... less pie

#RodgersOut

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I want him to do well as I have purchased a 40 foot Refrigerated Container load of Humble Pie for exclusive purchase to any FT member that feels morally obliged to purchase come May.  (I might have to keep some back for myself - if Vestagaard morphes in to Rudiger over the next two months.

May??

Lets try October when he’s got his squad overhaul that he claims is so desperately needed as our players are apparently not good enough. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

May??

Lets try October when he’s got his squad overhaul that he claims is so desperately needed as our players are apparently not good enough. 

We are gonna need more goalscorers for next season that's for sure... especially looking at the progress our rivals who sit just outside the top six have made this season. The right sided forward player we have longed for has to be able to net consistently. I'm also bothered if I'm honest by the void between Vardy and our other two strikers as well. Hopefully they will close the gap next season as Vardy's game time declines a bit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

May??

It'll be too late then, he'd have spent all our dosh on wingers and play them at centre half or stick em in goal 🤣. We'll have the best passing game in our own penalty box!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

By that logic we just need to fall far enough to outclass all of the opposition, and BR is a great manager? 

Doing well in the Europa League far exceeds what we have traditionally achieved in  Europe.  By that logic, it could be part of a long term upward trajectory. 

46 minutes ago, majaco said:

Doing well in the Europa League far exceeds what we have traditionally achieved in  Europe.  By that logic, it could be part of a long term upward trajectory. 

Sorry to be pedantic but it's the Europa Conference League. 

This is sort of my point. 

7 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Just because the word conference appears in its name or the fact there are some smaller clubs in Round 1 doesn't water this competition down so much that it is worthless. I'd wager that not a single 1 of the clubs it was meant to aid (according to UEFA) will ever win this tournament & you could also argue out of the remaining teams Leicester is probably the team with the least amount of European experience with the remaining having Champions league or Europa ventures most seasons.

I feel sorry for the posters that still want to grind their brendan axes, while the rest of us look up flights to eindhoven and Rome and desperately check our holiday entitlements. 

Lads we are on Brendan's party bus all the way to Albania, drop your axes and jump on board, if last nights anything to go by it will be a hell of a ride. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I feel sorry for the posters that still want to grind their brendan axes, while the rest of us look up flights to eindhoven and Rome and desperately check our holiday entitlements. 

Lads we are on Brendan's party bus all the way to Albania, drop your axes and jump on board, if last nights anything to go by it will be a hell of a ride. 

There are quality sides I  the competition. 

Enjoy Eindhoven.

On 16/03/2022 at 06:38, Tanya said:

Go out when though? On Thursday? Or in the quarters? Semis? Final? Is winning the conference the only way our European campaign can be judged as a success?

Not trying to be sassy I'm genuinely curious. I'm a tepid Rodgers in type. I think he deserves the season considering the success of what has come before. Even if we finish the season with a whimper I think he deserves to start next season even if another underwhelming campaign should result in him getting sacked. 

Sorry - was in Rennes so not really been on here at all.

Well, was mainly aimed at the Rennes tie and I stand by that given we'd won 2-0 at home, going out from there would've been a choke. It's tricky because demanding we win this whole thing... it's got some good sides left in it, but we really ought to be as well placed as anybody to win it too.

Regarding what you say at the end, that all sounds well and good but I worry doing that leads to more damage going forward. I don't see him going this season now though. I think if we'd tumbled on Thursday it could've happened but I don't now - unless we're humiliated in it.

23 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Embarrassing post. If someone's criticising the manager it doesn't mean they don't support the team ffs.