Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Embarrassing post. If someone's criticising the manager it doesn't mean they don't support the team ffs. 

Obviously. My Tounge was firmly in cheek mate. but while we are talking about embarrassing posts do you remember saying that having all our players back will make no difference to results? 

How much of a diffence did you think having Fofana back made on Thursday out of interest? 

Edited by The whole world smiles

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Obviously. My Tounge was firmly in cheek mate. but while we are talking about embarrassing posts do you remember saying that having all our players back will make no difference to results? 

How much of a diffence did you think having Fofana back made on Thursday out of interest? 

Well we conceded twice and lost, doesn't seem too different.

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

So you honestly think we would be in the quarter finals if he was still injured? 

Might have done, might not have done. I don't deal in hypotheticals like you.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Personally I would be a lot more embarrassed if I had posted during the game encouraging people to bet on Rennes but maybe thats just me? 

Screenshot_20220319_180406.jpg

Hey, sometimes good bets lose. It was good value at that point.

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I'm afraid you do. You started this argument days ago by saying "having a full squad would make little to no difference" that is very much a hypothetical statement. 

But it's not, because its based on the underlying statistics of our season which indicate structural weakness. There's that use of selective data again.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

But it's not, because its based on the underlying statistics of our season which indicate structural weakness. There's that use of selective data again.

Then in that case the fact Fofana scored, won man of the match and we went through would suggest having him back made a difference isn't hypothetical either it's very much based on the actual reality of Thursday night! 

Look this squabble is going to be boring other posters now, and I don't want to waste my Saturday night arguing with someone who actively bets against his own club so I'll leave it there. 

Up the city. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Then in that case the fact Fofana scored, won man of the match and we went through would suggest having him back made a difference isn't hypothetical either it's very much based on the actual reality of Thursday night! 

Look this squabble is going to be boring other posters now, and I don't want to waste my Saturday night arguing with someone who actively bets against his own club so I'll leave it there. 

Up the city. 

You're going to pretend that you thought it was Fofana's goals we were missing? Would be odd given that was his first for the club.

I agree, clearly there are two points of contention on which we'll have to agree to disagree. And I don't think you appreciate that I would be happy to be proven wrong. If the pattern of the last 2 years dissipates and we have everyone back, are a markedly better side because of it, and put it all behind us, then great. I just have my doubts that either will happen and I think the manager is at least partly responsible for that, and that's the basis on which I've criticised him.

I didn't say I put the bet on, I said it was good value. And even if I had, the interpretation that that would mean I wanted Rennes to win is yours and yours alone.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Injuries returning now ! And we look a different team

lots of posters on this thread  May owe the manager an apology…..

Some of the things that have happen this season have been unforgivable, regardless of the injuries. The Spurs finish and the Forest debacle being two. Fans have and can continue to be disappointed as to how we have lacked basic preparation for large parts of this season. One result doesn’t change that. 

As a fan base, I don’t think there has been a vocal chant of Brendan out or similar ilk. Brendan has been and will continue to be scrutinised for shortcomings which any manager would be questioned for. I think in person fans have been relatively patient given some of the disasters. I’m sure many fans would love to see him turn it around. Why would there need to be an apology.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Some of the things that have happen this season have been unforgivable, regardless of the injuries. The Spurs finish and the Forest debacle being two. Fans have and can continue to be disappointed as to how we have lacked basic preparation for large parts of this season. One result doesn’t change that. 

We're not Everton you know! Get some perspective. 😂

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As a fan base, I don’t think there has been a vocal chant of Brendan out or similar ilk. Brendan has been and will continue to be scrutinised for shortcomings which any manager would be questioned for. I think in person fans have been relatively patient given some of the disasters. I’m sure many fans would love to see him turn it around. Why would there need to be an apology.

Here we go again with the "one result doesn't change that" claptrap. I wish folk would judge him on the season as a whole.

So easy to criticise from the sidelines or your armchair!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Here we go again with the "one result doesn't change that" claptrap. I wish folk would judge him on the season as a whole.

So easy to criticise from the sidelines or your armchair!!

How have you taken from that entire post that judgement either way should be on one game ? lol In fact, you’re criticising reference to “one game doesn’t change that” and then in the very next sentence criticise those who don’t take that approach. I don’t even know what you are arguing.  I swear some of these mandem have daddy issues with the aggression they put out there. lol

• Like 1

Fair play to him I, like many others questioned his ability to turn things around when it looked like we were on a serious slide. However, surely now we have moved from seeing “green shoots”, to a veritable upturn in performance and results. We’re not the complete package yet in terms of performing as well as we have in the past couple of years but we are getting back to “our level” as Rodgers would call it. 

The season isn’t over, and ultimately come the end of the season we will end up with what we deserve league position and trophy wise. If we can finish the season strongly, Rodgers will have proved that he, is, capable of halting the slide and turning things around. Which potentially sets the ground work for hopefully another productive season next year.

:brendan:

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Think it’s conveniently forgotten we also put Brentford under enormous pressure and a 4-0 lead at half time would not have been surprising given the chances we had.

What other good chances did we have in the 1st half?