Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I appreciate he takes European conference league seriously tbf to him. Seems he's learned a lesson from last year and this. 

If he has he’s only learned it recently because he’d never heard of the competition when we “qualified” for it.  Now the local media are talking about reaching the final and winning it as though we are a team of world beaters against a bunch of no hopers. How we are favourites is a complete mystery …

We’ve turned a corner - pardon the pun. Our defence is performing better as a unit and the whole team is contributing to us being harder to score against. Set pieces are improving at both ends, injured players are returning and the squad has a more solid feel to it. We’ve strung a few wins together. Whatever the reason, the team feels more motivated and the squad more united. They seem a bit more streetwise in seeing out a game. These are all positives. 

But let’s not get carried away. We’ve beaten three relegation candidates- two of them at home - narrowly. Opponents are still winning the first header from set pieces. We are still conceding plenty of scoring chances and relying on the brilliance of Kasper’s shot-stopping to keep opponents out. We still frequently play in patches - conceding momentum and allowing opponents to dictate. 

• Like 2

The jury’s still out on him big time for me. Our results have improved, and so have some of our performances slightly. Nothing more than that yet. 

For me to be able to say I was wrong about him he’ll need to pick up more wins than defeats until the end of the season, or more importantly, win the ECL. I still then wouldn’t judge him until at least October when he’s had chance to bed in all these signings he’s apparently going to be making. 

The jury will decide around November time. 

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The jury’s still out on him big time for me. Our results have improved, and so have some of our performances slightly. Nothing more than that yet. 

For me to be able to say I was wrong about him he’ll need to pick up more wins than defeats until the end of the season, or more importantly, win the ECL. I still then wouldn’t judge him until at least October when he’s had chance to bed in all these signings he’s apparently going to be making. 

slightly. Nothing more than that yet....... what...............did you go to the forest game,...... some fans just love to moan.

I said it a few days ago in this thread but it really feels like the board have given him a kick up the backside along with a promise of their backing if he can steady the ship all round, including managing of players injuries better. 

23 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

slightly. Nothing more than that yet....... what...............did you go to the forest game,...... some fans just love to moan.

Yes I went to the Forest game 

We’ve beaten Burnley (so we bloody should)

Beaten Leeds but should’ve lost

Fantastic result and performance against Rennes at home 

Lost at Arsenal- no shame

Were diabolical against Rennes Thursday 

Beat Brentford

So it is only slightly really. 

It’s not moaning, it’s just realism and not getting carried away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Whoa and the judge and the jury
They all put the blame on me
They wouldn't go for my story
They wouldn't hear my plea

dem-kangaroo-court.png

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Beat Brentford

its moaning, you either forget or were not born 15 years ago when we couldn't buy a win, enjoy what we are not what you think we should be

Edited by willie-bell-in-rothley
spelling

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

So you've gone from judging him at the end of the season, to October, then to November. 

Something tells me that even if we do improve, win lots, win a trophy, and be in a great position by November you still won't be satisfied and move the goalposts again... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

its moaning, you either forget or were not born 15 years ago when we couldn't buy a win, enjoy what we are not what you think we should be

It’s been a case of enduring more than enjoying.

I’m not saying there isn’t an improvement, of course there is. We also look more comfortable defending now as well.

But if anyone thinks that the corner has now been turned and everything is rosy again then they have absolutely no idea of the extent of state we were in, only 4 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So you've gone from judging him at the end of the season, to October, then to November. 

Something tells me that even if we do improve, win lots, win a trophy, and be in a great position by November you still won't be satisfied and move the goalposts again... 

Saying November I meant end of October. Given they have about 4 international breaks from August-October 

I don’t believe I’ve ever said I’ll judge him at the end of this season. I wanted him gone 6 months ago, not to keep hold of him in some gamble. 

He certainly now deserves until the end of the season though. But if he’s blaming the squads quality and saying the players aren’t good enough as the cause of this shocking season then he HAS to be judged on this much talked about transfer clear out in the summer.

He can’t use them as the fall guys (which he loves to do) and then not come up trumps in the transfer market.

What will be very interesting will be if we ended up finishing 7th, and win the  ECL- are the players still not good enough Brendan? Or was it the manager who fcuked the majority of the season up? 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

But if anyone thinks that the corner has now been turned and everything is rosy again then they have absolutely no idea of the extent of state we were in, only 4 weeks ago.

Obviously only you are capable of understanding that. lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Beat Brentford

🤯🤯🤯🤯

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Obviously only you are capable of understanding that. lol

😂

Obviously

My point was that people who wanted Rodgers to stay broadly expect those who wanted him out to now admit they were wrong all along- on the back of 3 league wins against lower opposition. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m not that fickle.

Rodgers has a hell of a mountain to climb to get me to change my mind. At the moment he’s taken a few tiny steps.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Spot on, he just does not want Brendan managing us, perhaps he thinks better manager would come here, personally spent to many years watching s#ite championship, league one football and for me Brendans football in comparison is a breath of fresh air, Ill enjoy it while i can as it wont last forever, MO'N proved that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Spot on, he just does not want Brendan managing us, perhaps he thinks better manager would come here, personally spent to many years watching s#ite championship, league one football and for me Brendans football in comparison is a breath of fresh air, Ill enjoy it while i can as it wont last forever, MO'N proved that

A better manager might’ve come here before it all really started to go tits up before Christmas.

I’d not expect a better manager to want to come here now no. Why the fcuk would they? 

We’re reliant on Rodgers now to make our club an attractive, challenging for European football spots club again, for us to be able to move forward in the future. 

Likewise Rodgers has to turn us around in order for him to become an attractive manager to the bigger clubs once again. 

And you must be some sort of Sadomasochist if you’ve been enjoying his football the last 18 months or so. Could probably spend less money for an equally painful time in Soho

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

A better manager might’ve come here before it all really started to go tits up before Christmas.

I’d not expect a better manager to want to come here now no. Why the fcuk would they? 

We’re reliant on Rodgers now to make our club an attractive, challenging for European football spots club again, for us to be able to move forward in the future. 

Likewise Rodgers has to turn us around in order for him to become an attractive manager to the bigger clubs once again. 

And you must be some sort of Sadomasochist if you’ve been enjoying his football the last 18 months or so. Could probably spend less money for an equally painful time in Soho

oh well, ill carry on supporting the club i love, enjoying all the games home and away, win draw or lose, and i wont be MOANING like yourself,:scarf::scarf::scarf:

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

lol The Foxes Talk self-appointed kangaroo court you mean. 

It's those in an informed position of authority and influence that 'decide'. 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Reliant on Rodgers? How do you mean? 

4 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

oh well, ill carry on supporting the club i love, enjoying all the games home and away, win draw or lose, and i wont be MOANING like yourself,:scarf::scarf::scarf:

You do realise you are moaning about people moaning right? lol 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

It really isn't moaning, it's reality. Aren't supporters allowed to show their discontent in your happy clappy worship the manager world? 

He's entitled to his opinion and his analogy of the last few games is fair and realistic. I agree with him and have been watching them for a lot longer than the 15 years you quote as if you must be so superior because you may have been round a bit longer?

Yes, there of course have been some bad times historically but,  the good and the bad have to be taken in context regarding the era and what the club had available to them each season as to whether they over or under achieved at any given time. 

Rodgers in my opinion is far from immune from criticism in regards to what he's been getting out of this current squad of players this season regardless of injuries. Yes, certain other teams did strengthen better than us in the summer and, with due regard to certain other clubs finances, this to some extent has to be expected and sights and expectations have to be realistically lowered accordingly perhaps.

Nevertheless, Rodgers,  for the most part, has continued to mismanage in terms of playing style commensurate with the the players he actually has available to him, employed poor tactics with questionable team selections and tactics combined with bizarre substitutions more often than not. They have been turgid and dreadful to watch. This wasn't something new, it had been going on for a long while. The table doesn't lie and we were towards the bottom justifiably. Yes, we had injuries to key players as have other teams, but, we also had squad players that were better than many of our counterparts had they been played to their strengths and not some egotistical self righteous philosophy. 

As 'The Year Of The Fox' rightly suggests, whilst extremely welcome, recent results should be reasonably 'expected' given some of the teams we have been playing and not suddenly assume Rodgers is a genius. His team is gradually performing to par, not ripping up the division. This has been mostly down to him and not the players or injuries, the management of the latter point being an issue of his tenure also.

• Thanks 2

BR, had enough credit in the bank to withstand a downturn, obviously this season has not been the one we wanted. The injury situation is worrying but I’m sure the same question is being asked internally. A few weeks ago the commitment seemed lacking whereas the last few games, even when we have lost , I’ve no doubt the players were putting a shift in. 

The league should be able to see us relax a bit now in terms of pressure to win and we can make a good attempt at the Europa conference. Perhaps, unlike the last 2 years, we’ll have a bright ending to the season with played returning. BR will be planning for next season. Just got to trust him. 

1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

unfortunately winning the league has warped the minds of our fanbase into thinking we are a top 4 side. #entitled #newforest

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are blinded if you think that performance at Rennes was diabolical. It had the very pre-requisite of what you want to see from your team; effort and desire. 

I had been drinking since 5am if that counts

There was effort and desire. There was also a lot of huffing and puffing and producing pretty much nothing from open play. 

Obviously we qualified which is the main thing. But any more of those types of performances won’t see us progress further in Europe this season. 

It reminds me a bit of England and Hodgson. Pointing out we won 10/10 qualifying games, but then falling at the first hurdle in the main competition because qualification papered over the cracks. 

Fofana’s goal papered over them IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simoken said:

unfortunately winning the league has warped the minds of our fanbase into thinking we are a top 4 side. #entitled #newforest

Absolutely ridiculous comment 

I do expect us to put up a fight against Forest and Warsaw though. 

• Haha 1