Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m curious where people are at with Brendan? What do we need to see to restore the faith? I think if he keeps up this trajectory I would be inclined to give him another go, but I also wouldn’t be disappointed if we didn’t. 

I do genuinely want him to do well because for the most part he does things the right way and the huge thing for him, is that the players never stop trying for him. 

He seems to have clearly had a bit of a rethink on injuries and game management but perhaps this is down to the lack of importance on the league at this stage. 

But the question mark remains will the bottle ever be there in the tough moments. I think it’s the pressure of having something to lose that we struggle with, rather than necessarily a big occasion. 

Fa cup final against Chelsea, we played without fear. So it’s not like we can’t prepare for big games. 

I hope we can have a strong end to the campaign and all get behind him again if we do. But the war wounds from forest in particular are tough to recover from. 

For me he needs dropping like a hot potato, he has the potential to do our club great harm for the future. I have no faith in him whatsoever. I'm not saying I'm right, it's just my point of view. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

For me he needs dropping like a hot potato, he has the potential to do our club great harm for the future. I have no faith in him whatsoever. I'm not saying I'm right, it's just my point of view. 

What’s the evidence that he has the potential to do us great harm? Really curious on this one, not having a go or arguing, just fascinated to hear your thoughts on this as it’s an extreme statement.

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Seems quite over exaggerated to me. This is his worst season with us where we’ve had some really bad injuries, woeful refereeing and some really poor performances, yet we’re still mid table and in the quarter finals of Europe. For all his predecessor’s that would have been a great season. 

Seems really odd to me that so many people seem to really actively hate Brendan. Yet as far as I can see he’s one of our most successful managers ever and his worst season still ranks really highly in the history of our club. I get the football has been poor at times, but as soon as we’re having more players back from injury we’re starting to look better again and Brendan’s up for manager of the month. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m curious where people are at with Brendan? What do we need to see to restore the faith? I think if he keeps up this trajectory I would be inclined to give him another go, but I also wouldn’t be disappointed if we didn’t. 

I do genuinely want him to do well because for the most part he does things the right way and the huge thing for him, is that the players never stop trying for him. 

He seems to have clearly had a bit of a rethink on injuries and game management but perhaps this is down to the lack of importance on the league at this stage. 

But the question mark remains will the bottle ever be there in the tough moments. I think it’s the pressure of having something to lose that we struggle with, rather than necessarily a big occasion. 

Fa cup final against Chelsea, we played without fear. So it’s not like we can’t prepare for big games. 

I hope we can have a strong end to the campaign and all get behind him again if we do. But the war wounds from forest in particular are tough to recover from. 

He simply has to prove that he or his superiors can create an environment that keeps the majority of our squad fit and that we retain enough momentum to achieve what we are capable of (some refer to that in the media as over achieving). 

There's scant evidence in the last 18 months he or his colleagues can keep our squad fit and therefore there's serious question marks over the ramifications of that and when it's deemed a significant hindrance. 

Almost everything else I feel he's shown enough evidence or at least willing to change, set pieces he's trying but question marks remain on if that's overall good enough and likewise on adapting to styles and opposition whom previously we've struggled against. In 2020/21 he completely changed his approach to the big 6 and we went on to beat every single one of them at least once after previously being pretty poor against them. You cannot help but admire that flexibility.

It's injuries and it's a monumental topic, yet many on this forum have their head so far inserted up the wrong behinds that they haven't got a clue what it all means, pooh is pooh to them and there's nothing to get to the bottom of.

Recruitment might be another red flag, especially in light of a hefty potential rebuild but hopefully the club will go back to doing what they're good at and Brendan is kept at arms length. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the evidence that he has the potential to do us great harm? Really curious on this one, not having a go or arguing, just fascinated to hear your thoughts on this as it’s an extreme statement.

His poor tactics and decision making have been evident for a long while now I feel but, my real fear is if he stays and subsequently much in the way of influence on transfers to be honest. His record at previous clubs isn't great to say the least and unlike Liverpool, we don't have the finances to absorb too many poor signings on long expensive contracts. Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand don't inspire confidence. Even more worrying regarding the first name was Rodger's persistent use of his regardless of any detriment to the team almost as if to try and justify his huge expensive signing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

His poor tactics and decision making have been evident for a long while now I feel but, my real fear is if he stays and subsequently much in the way of influence on transfers to be honest. His record at previous clubs isn't great to say the least and unlike Liverpool, we don't have the finances to absorb too many poor signings on long expensive contracts. Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand don't inspire confidence. Even more worrying regarding the first name was Rodger's persistent use of his regardless of any detriment to the team almost as if to try and justify his huge expensive signing.

Interesting, I suppose it all comes down to the way you look at things - you say Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand - none of which were ever supposed to be more than a back up player. I would say he has also signed Fofana, Castagne and Justin all of which have improved the first team.

The tactics have been good enough for us to finish 5th twice in the Premier League and beat all of The big six along the way, including smashing 5 at Man City - no other team has done that under Pep. So his tactics aren’t all that bad are they?

Your final point is a little strange as he hasn’t played very much over the past year or so, I agree he isn’t the best player we’ve signed, but he had a role to play - similar to Okazaki in the title winning season.

I really don’t see the potential to do great harm to us as a club. I agree we’ve made some poor signings - name a club/manager that hasn’t. But overall we are in the most successful period in our clubs history and have played in Europe two seasons in a row, the first time ever I believe - all of this helps secure the clubs future and will allow us to be seen above the clubs we are rivalling in the transfer market.

Question: If we were to finish 7th and win the Europa Conference, would you change your mind?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I suppose it all comes down to the way you look at things - you say Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand - none of which were ever supposed to be more than a back up player.

Far too much money spent on them out of our limited transfer budget if they only signed as back up players. Woeful recruitment for these two particularly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Far too much money spent on them out of our limited transfer budget if they only signed as back up players. Woeful recruitment for these two particularly.

Perez wasn't signed as backup though, he played 33 games in his first season then 25 the next. So he only missed 18 games.

I wouldn't call him a woeful signing either, when you consider we shoved him out on the right for most of those games.

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

We focus a lot of Vestergaard and Bertrand as examples of poor signings. The truth is, if Fofana doesn’t get his leg broken against Villarreal we wouldn’t have signed Vestergaard. He was a late panic buy, although we had been linked with him for a long time before. It was clear losing Fofana for most of the season we needed a replacement pretty quickly and we had to look at who we could get in within the time frame.

Bertrand was simply the replacement for Fuchs, adding a bit of experience to the squad - he’s not a bad player, but hasn’t really got going here with injuries and covid. With 2 of Justin, Thomas, Ricardo and Castagne fit he doesn’t play. 
Perez, is possibly our worst bit of business of the Rodgers era, he came with a high fee and hasn’t really got going, although in his time did provide an assist in the FA Cup final. 
From what I saw of him at Newcastle, I honestly thought he’d be a decent signing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The truth is, if Fofana doesn’t get his leg broken against Villarreal we wouldn’t have signed Vestergaard. He was a late panic buy, although we had been linked with him for a long time before. It was clear losing Fofana for most of the season we needed a replacement pretty quickly and we had to look at who we could get in within the time frame.

Yes you're probably correct but the difference between Fofana and Vestergaard as types of defender is like chalk and cheese. A Panic buy like you say and an expensive mistake IMO.

• Like 2

On 14/03/2022 at 00:02, Daggers said:

So, you actually believe it was worth spending money on a pair of donkeys because everyone thought they wouldn’t be needed?

And you seriously think this demonstrates his value to us? That this doesn’t exemplify his ineptitude at building a squad? That after all his time, the shortage in ability and depth in the squad isn’t his fault?

Wow...I'd hate to get in a  tussle with you...you are scarey, I bet your Eyes throws out daggers...I

you know what, in sport, I Dont Blame or give fault to anyone...So a Deep hating  witch Hunt is beyond me, even to try & comprehend..

Sport issues in strengths & weaknesses, start at ground Zero for me. All of us have both .No matter Now I might Think over the individuals mistakes & Counter against that same individual's positives....

There are also mitigating circumstances, and also according where as a collective, you come from, where you have improved, where you hope your aspirations can take you, but Counter-Balance what are the Rescources you have & what  you have  had available...

In life we have no coaches/managers...

But in sport either individually  or as a club, one descisions/opinions help build your path ,Spirit & Ethos how you develope & evolve...

Now whether you believe Rodgers should  go / stay or by individual Cases you sit on that Cozy fence ( I am of the latter), One Thing for me is Paramount is

Keeping & showing respect. Just because the subject/decisions One doesn't agree with ,

for one to want/earn respect from others on ones own opinion in sport/ past-times One has to also Show respect to the subject/ individual in question & recognise both the considered mistakes but also the positives & achievements..

Then any mitigating circumstances to be considered.

Sometimes/often also there are in sport  those blind moments or instances, where its just time to part the ways...

But never,Never in or at Agenda or campaign levels...

We are far away, not even Close to the recent Newcastle story & grumbles..In fact far Closer to the oppoisite side of such issues..

But we has Football- fans we are  as a  collective,  unbalanced and quite Honestly sheep-dips,

even the most, sane, nicest, balanced People in the Normal. World...

Football especially, pushes respect out of our very own windows/doors and Leaves us as nothing for at least a week  but waifs/urchins of reality.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting, I suppose it all comes down to the way you look at things - you say Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand - none of which were ever supposed to be more than a back up player. I would say he has also signed Fofana, Castagne and Justin all of which have improved the first team.

The tactics have been good enough for us to finish 5th twice in the Premier League and beat all of The big six along the way, including smashing 5 at Man City - no other team has done that under Pep. So his tactics aren’t all that bad are they?

Your final point is a little strange as he hasn’t played very much over the past year or so, I agree he isn’t the best player we’ve signed, but he had a role to play - similar to Okazaki in the title winning season.

I really don’t see the potential to do great harm to us as a club. I agree we’ve made some poor signings - name a club/manager that hasn’t. But overall we are in the most successful period in our clubs history and have played in Europe two seasons in a row, the first time ever I believe - all of this helps secure the clubs future and will allow us to be seen above the clubs we are rivalling in the transfer market.

Question: If we were to finish 7th and win the Europa Conference, would you change your mind?

Perez, a 30m back up player? Wow, glad you're not in charge of the coffers! 🤣

I realise that Perez hasn't played much at all this season, the point is, how many games in the previous two seasons did he play him to the detriment of the team? How long did he take to wake up to what most people with a pair of eyes could see? Probably the same denial and stubbornness that refused to acknowledge the crass defensive system he'd employed for set peieces week upon week upon week. As for the analogy with Okazaki, in no way was Perez employed in a similar role and in any case, Okazaki was effective in his role, Perez wasn't. 

A 7th position finish is unlikely but I'll humour you that it has happened. Firstly, at the start of the season, he had a squad well capable of finishing 7th, he'd hardly be over-achieving it anyway! As for the European Vauxhall Conference, we're only there because the clown totally muffed the Europa League up in the first place! Study the name Rodgers and Europe, you'll find the result is synonymous with shite performance and record.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't ever feel like I'll have full trust in him as when we have these bad runs they feel like they go in for months and months. And that isn't just this season. Having said that I'm so bored of this discussion now and if you don't blindly support everything Brendan does you're not allowed to consider yourself a proper Leicester fan. So at the risk of being called an entitled glory hunter I'll back him

I reckon this fan base has to earn more trust..

In these last 8 years any player who has a wobbly, doesn't get encouraged or supported, firstly lambasted over weeks..

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Perez wasn't signed as backup though, he played 33 games in his first season then 25 the next. So he only missed 18 games.

I wouldn't call him a woeful signing either, when you consider we shoved him out on the right for most of those games.

I suppose you could argue that if we bought him to play in a position that doesn't suit him then that it is a bad signing. 

For the record I don't think he's been as bad as people make out. Definitely over priced if the rumoured fee is to be believed but I doubt we really paid £30m. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We focus a lot of Vestergaard and Bertrand as examples of poor signings. The truth is, if Fofana doesn’t get his leg broken against Villarreal we wouldn’t have signed Vestergaard. He was a late panic buy, although we had been linked with him for a long time before. It was clear losing Fofana for most of the season we needed a replacement pretty quickly and we had to look at who we could get in within the time frame.

Bertrand was simply the replacement for Fuchs, adding a bit of experience to the squad - he’s not a bad player, but hasn’t really got going here with injuries and covid. With 2 of Justin, Thomas, Ricardo and Castagne fit he doesn’t play. 
Perez, is possibly our worst bit of business of the Rodgers era, he came with a high fee and hasn’t really got going, although in his time did provide an assist in the FA Cup final. 
From what I saw of him at Newcastle, I honestly thought he’d be a decent signing.

What this forum conveniently forget, neither club or fans, thought he would be some kind of wunder-kind & I doubt many would of honestly played so many games ( even with lay-off) by now. That he would so obviously become first choice & needed so early..

He had come to us has some Messiah & saviour, as our Bline was decimated..

And just when we thought we could take our top 6 aspirations that notch higher...He & other quality defenders took big hits...

Just before his injury we were still asking for a couple of defenders with known potential, but like through our history, they weren't prepared to come.That left us then a few  must rush buys...

Wanting & getting is like chasing your desired lass/Lad, but no matter how good your chat up line,or flirty-eyes ,your left in the park on your own..

Standing alone...It is really an heartache...and you wanted it so much.!!

Perez played on the right the season he scored 13 for Newcastle (from an xG of ~8 iirc. 

He’s played fewer minutes in each season since because he’s lacking in so many fundamental areas and Rodgers has finally worked it out. 

Given the average wage in our squad is £92k, I dread to think what we’ve paid for him in fees & wages.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

What this forum conveniently forget, neither club or fans, thought he would be some kind of wunder-kind & I doubt many would of honestly played so many games ( even with lay-off) by now. That he would so obviously become first choice & needed so early..

....you would say that our options at the time in the backline were not good!!!

We had to bring him in straight away, with Evans foot problems and only Soyuncu available, we then turned to Amartey who we were choosing to utilise as a Right Back. It was inevitable that he (Vestergaard) would have been needed immediately, and having scouted him for so long, we should have known how best to use him and not play him in a backline standing on the halfway line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I've read some bad takes but suggesting that the club spending 30m on Perez as 'back up' is up there. He is our 3rd most expensive signing of all time. 

...and has never ever impressed in any way. So whether 15 - 20 or 30 mill he is still an awful signing.

What ever you think about Perez we got two 5th place finishes with him playing most games. I don't think those high league positions were in spite of him being in the team. 

Point is that if he was 30m then he was probably worth it really. Look at the players we've spent good money on who hardly start there's loads of them, at least Perez has made plenty of appearances in one of the best periods we've had as a club.

His link up play was always good with Ricardo and maybe his pressing enabled the rest of the team to perform?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What ever you think about Perez we got two 5th place finishes with him playing most games. I don't think those high league positions were in spite of him being in the team. 

Point is that if he was 30m then he was probably worth it really. Look at the players we've spent good money on who hardly start there's loads of them, at least Perez has made plenty of appearances in one of the best periods we've had as a club.

His link up play was always good with Ricardo and maybe his pressing enabled the rest of the team to perform?

Damn it   You probably have a point and I am far from a Perez fan.

On the flip side, he often seemed to be the weak link and , at the start of the season (before Fofana was assaulted), our weaknesses appeared to be in two positions:  right-sided forward and left back.

55 minutes ago, majaco said:

Damn it   You probably have a point and I am far from a Perez fan.

On the flip side, he often seemed to be the weak link and , at the start of the season (before Fofana was assaulted), our weaknesses appeared to be in two positions:  right-sided forward and left back.

Can't say that I'm a fan of his but maybe he's an important but boring cog in the machine. Like a crap okazaki.

If even go as far and say we've missed him this season, especially when we've been losing the midfield battle.