Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What ever you think about Perez we got two 5th place finishes with him playing most games. I don't think those high league positions were in spite of him being in the team. 

Point is that if he was 30m then he was probably worth it really. Look at the players we've spent good money on who hardly start there's loads of them, at least Perez has made plenty of appearances in one of the best periods we've had as a club.

His link up play was always good with Ricardo and maybe his pressing enabled the rest of the team to perform?

If we had signed Raphina instead we’d have finished in the top 4 twice 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can't say that I'm a fan of his but maybe he's an important but boring cog in the machine. Like a crap okazaki.

If even go as far and say we've missed him this season, especially when we've been losing the midfield battle.

Perhaps he was compensated for by others.   If all our players are fit,:Thomas, who is okay is fourth choice full back;  Soyuncu and Amartey are third and fourth choice centre backs;  our left wing and centre forward options are strong.   Albrighton is an acceptable rw option.

In midfield,  Tielemans is a class option though it Is hard to argue against KDH, Ndidi and Maddison. 

Edited by majaco

59 minutes ago, Corky said:

Soccer Saturday discussing if today is an audition for Rodgers and the Man United job.

No.

...you never know...he has to win something, to become a part of the conversation, and the European League could be a way in for him!!!

He does come across as a man with a lot of pressures taken off his shoulder at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Soccer Saturday discussing if today is an audition for Rodgers and the Man United job.

No.

A couple of weeks ago I would certainly have agreed with you but, with all the recent talk of there being a third, currently unidentified, candidate under consideration for the Man U job, I did think of Rodger's suddenly rediscovered air of self confidence and wonder whether he was thinking he would soon be on his way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

A couple of weeks ago I would certainly have agreed with you but, with all the recent talk of there being a third, currently unidentified, candidate under consideration for the Man U job, I did think of Rodger's suddenly rediscovered air of self confidence and wonder whether he was thinking he would soon be on his way

I think hiring Rodgers would cause a revolt in Manchester. This season has destroyed any move for him until the end of next year, even with a strong finish.

On 28/03/2022 at 19:43, Grebfromgrebland said:

What ever you think about Perez we got two 5th place finishes with him playing most games. I don't think those high league positions were in spite of him being in the team. 

Point is that if he was 30m then he was probably worth it really. Look at the players we've spent good money on who hardly start there's loads of them, at least Perez has made plenty of appearances in one of the best periods we've had as a club.

His link up play was always good with Ricardo and maybe his pressing enabled the rest of the team to perform?

Or maybe playing him in most games contributed to us missing out on a top 4 finish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d ruled him out of the running for the United job in the dark period around winter but I feel like it could still be on. Just a feeling. 

Nah it'll be Ten Haag. They need a big name 

Edited by UniFox21

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d ruled him out of the running for the United job in the dark period around winter but I feel like it could still be on. Just a feeling. 

Feel like we'd have known about it by now. 

16 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I don’t think whoever gets the top job at Manure will get success as quickly as the Board expects as listening to Talkshite they mentioned that there are far too many Ego’s clashing in the dressing room And the owners are far more interested in using the club as collateral for further business ventures?

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

This thread is so much quieter when we’re doing better. Seems people are very quick to criticise but not to give praise. 

Well why would you slag Rodgers off if things improve over a sustained period of time? Keep the squad fit and he has a chance of properly turning this around, continue to fail to keep a squad fit and there must come a point he's held accountable. It's still very much in the balance even with all the good things he brings. 

His coaching ability and his bond with the players have never really been in question other than the ignorance around set pieces which he's now taking seriously.

More than happy for him to 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well why would you slag Rodgers off if things improve over a sustained period of time? Keep the squad fit and he has a chance of properly turning this around, continue to fail to keep a squad fit and there must come a point he's held accountable. It's still very much in the balance even with all the good things he brings. 

His coaching ability and his bond with the players have never really been in question other than the ignorance around set pieces which he's now taking seriously.

To what Ric? To what?

• Like 2

I read Brendan's quotes in the mercury. Not  sure they are good for morral... but true for all epl clubs except Newcastle. 

What it did do was show me that we have to decide if building a team for brendan is the right thing to do.

I think not.  I hope we are lining someone new up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dusty said:

This thread is so much quieter when we’re doing better. Seems people are very quick to criticise but not to give praise. 

Has always been the way. The Rodgers out merchants really haven't a clue and should remember that old adage; be careful what you wish for.

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

While results have been a bit better (so they should be against teams we’ve played) I still don’t see the sort of football we saw in his first 6-9 months in charge. 

You are allowed to have an opinion on the football whether the results are good or bad. 

Utd were dreadful yesterday and still we couldn’t beat them. We were the better team though. 
We were poor against Brentford but scored two worldies. 
Rubbish against Arsenal, barely laid a glove on them. 
Lucky against Leeds 

So don’t agree with you we are doing better by simply having a couple of wins 

If we win the Conference League though, it’ll have been a successful season

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

While results have been a bit better (so they should be against teams we’ve played) I still don’t see the sort of football we saw in his first 6-9 months in charge. 

You are allowed to have an opinion on the football whether the results are good or bad. 

Utd were dreadful yesterday and still we couldn’t beat them. We were the better team though. 
We were poor against Brentford but scored two worldies. 
Rubbish against Arsenal, barely laid a glove on them. 
Lucky against Leeds 

So don’t agree with you we are doing better by simply having a couple of wins 

We weren’t poor against Brentford, we blew them away in the first half before letting them back into with some sloppy mistakes. We deserved the win. Yes Arsenal was frustrating but they’re a much improved team who, sadly, we’re not competing with this season. And for all the ‘luck’ against Leeds there’s been multiple times this season where we haven’t had that luck, it evens out. 

We’re clearly improving after a difficult season plagued by injuries, a weird psychological ability to self destruct and underperforming. 

Yesterday was the first time I thought ‘we’re back’. There is clearly confidence in the team. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Because this thread isn't just to slag him off, or at least shouldn't be. Hence the post you've quoted.

It's quiet when we do well (as in people don't like to/want to praise him or give credit when we succeed).

It's popular when we don't do so well (as in people are quick to criticise him when we lose).

It's not that hard to work out Ric lol 

• Like 2