Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Because this thread isn't just to slag him off, or at least shouldn't be. Hence the post you've quoted.

It's quiet when we do well (as in people don't like to/want to praise him or give credit when we succeed).

It's popular when we don't do so well (as in people are quick to criticise him when we lose).

It's not that hard to work out Ric lol 

Rodgers may have the baton , but he doesn't play a note. The greater part of whether we play well or otherwise is down to the players themselves. That was perfectly illustrated by Chelsea yesterday. So he doesn't deserve the kicking or the over the top eulogies either. People just need somebody to blame when they are faced with disappointment.

21 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Anyone that thinks Rodgers has lost the dressing room is wrong, they are playing for him and the best players are coming back. We are lucky to have such a manager who trust in young players and knows how to win. 

PS. seems Rodgers is targeted here, despite a fa cup and top performances, we haven’t been better in my lifetime. Things are on the up, you should enjoy it. The amount of injuries is unlucky and he hasn’t complained; top manager. Yet you have pep and klopp complaining when their under 21 gets injured with 0 minutes of top level football, and they can bring on a 50 million pound player plus 

Good post, especially for a 5 year old.

suppose the unanswerable question is would our 5th place finishers have won the league in 2016?

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers may have the baton , but he doesn't play a note. The greater part of whether we play well or otherwise is down to the players themselves. That was perfectly illustrated by Chelsea yesterday. So he doesn't deserve the kicking or the over the top eulogies either. People just need somebody to blame when they are faced with disappointment.

I disagree. At times he is as much to blame as the players. But he should be equally credited with any decisions that help us win games. It's about the players as much as the managers in most cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Has always been the way. The Rodgers out merchants really haven't a clue and should remember that old adage; be careful what you wish for.

You talk like he’s proven all the Rodgers in brigade right 

He’s done nothing of the sort yet

We’ve definitely got some green shoots of recovery showing, but neutrals I know who watched yesterday thought we were crap, and yet we know it was certainly one of our better performances of the season 😂

Rodgers of course now quite rightly gets the summer, and it remains to be seen who he gets rid of and what quality he can bring in. The jury is very much still out on that side of his management.

There’s also still an issue he needs to sort out regarding our lack of real goal threat. Take Maddison and Vardy out the side and we’re seriously seriously lacking in this department. I still put that more down to stubbornly playing 1 up front more than I do our strikers not being good enough. This problem will manifest itself next season big time unless it’s dealt with in the summer. Star this paragraph. 

But if you think people who wanted Rodgers gone were/are doing so purely off the back of some bloody awful football and results then ‘you haven’t got a clue’ to coin a phrase I’ve seen used 👀 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

From the limited stuff we see, it feels like a few players and manager had a wobble when speculation of big club jobs were being floated around, but it very much feels that's over now and Rodgers is determined to give everything to Leicester. 

Hopefully he understands now that this small club mentality talk isn't popular with us fans and he's now a manager showing how proud he is to represent us in his interviews. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’ve definitely got some green shoots of recovery showing, but neutrals I know who watched yesterday thought we were crap, and yet we know it was certainly one of our better performances of the season 😂

Rodgers of course now quite rightly gets the summer, and it remains to be seen who he gets rid of and what quality he can bring in. The jury is very much still out on that side of his management.

There’s also still an issue he needs to sort out regarding our lack of real goal threat. Take Maddison and Vardy out the side and we’re seriously seriously lacking in this department. I still put that more down to stubbornly playing 1 up front more than I do our strikers not being good enough. This problem will manifest itself next season big time unless it’s dealt with in the summer. Star this paragraph. 

But if you think people who wanted Rodgers gone were/are doing so purely off the back of some bloody awful football and results then ‘you haven’t got a clue’ to coin a phrase I’ve seen used 👀 

Of course, all the above is dependent on how long HE decides to hang around here for too. Which was another reason many thought cutting ties with him was the sensible option, rather than he leaving us in limbo. Which he will do one day. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Of course, all the above is dependent on how long HE decides to hang around here for too. Which was another reason many thought cutting ties with him was the sensible option, rather than he leaving us in limbo. Which he will do one day. 

That applies to every player, every manager, it’s just a certainty and not something we should be fearful of. It’s what he/we do whilst he is here that matters.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

D W a R!!

Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for yesterday and I love that he finally gave it to those bumbling, incompetent refs. 

Still think he bears a lot of responsibility for how badly our injuries have been managed but, damn, he does a helluva job with a fit squad. *

*Jonny Evans and Wesley Fofana are also a near perfect pairing at the back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Because this thread isn't just to slag him off, or at least shouldn't be. Hence the post you've quoted.

It's quiet when we do well (as in people don't like to/want to praise him or give credit when we succeed).

It's popular when we don't do so well (as in people are quick to criticise him when we lose).

It's not that hard to work out Ric lol 

That's on those who have been sticking up for him all season, why aren't you getting your Jimmy's waxed with this upturn in results? It's not for those that still have doubts about him to grovel on here because we are improving. That's where the " it's quiet in here " posts are aimed at, because of all growing fanbase who'd had enough of the recurring problems. Why aren't those that stood up for him in adversity really basking in this right now, they have started to be proven right to stick with him.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's on those who have been sticking up for him all season, why aren't you getting your Jimmy's waxed with this upturn in results? It's not for those that still have doubts about him to grovel on here because we are improving. That's where the " it's quiet in here " posts are aimed at, because of all growing fanbase who'd had enough of the recurring problems. Why aren't those that stood up for him in adversity really basking in this right now, they have started to be proven right to stick with him.

:D im one of those BR backers. #INRODGERSWETRUST #****YOUDOUBTERS

• Haha 2

Just now, Simoken said:

:D im one of those BR backers. #INRODGERSWETRUST #****YOUDOUBTERS

Hahahaaaa LETS BE AVIN YOOOOU!!!

Come on lads, show your support for Brendan. Don't just do it when gob shites like me are spouting off about systematic negligence on players conditioning!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The up turn in form isn’t really down to Rodgers suddenly proving his worth, it’s down to key players coming back into the mix. Rodgers has always been the man for the job. 

Is he the man for the job if he can't keep a squad fit though long term? We all know how capable this squad is, he inherited it and immediately got us averaging 1.8 points a game for nigh on 2.5 years. 

That's the long and short of it, if we keep up this horror injury run to the end of the season and he still survives, fine. If then it happens again next season, he needs to do the decent thing and resign which he obviously wouldn't so we would rightly dismiss him. I still see so many not consider this possibility though, instead still hopelessly clinging on to the good times again when all the squad returns. It's fallacy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He has a 93% approval on the match thread you don't need to post in here to show your support. Supporting the manager is a generally assumed position.

Just now, Captain... said:

He has a 93% approval on the match thread you don't need to post in here to show your support. Supporting the manager is a generally assumed position.

That's not what some are saying, they're saying it's quiet in here when we win games. Very much like at games where people seldom chant his name, it's all subdued praise for the man, he evokes very little passion from anyone.

Pisses plenty off though 😂😂😂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dusty said:

This thread is so much quieter when we’re doing better. Seems people are very quick to criticise but not to give praise. 

Some people say their piece then stfu rather than banging on like a stuck record. All my issues with him still hold true regardless of recent performances. The proof will be after summer is done, until then there’s nothing to gained from carping on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some hilarious comments on here stating 'systematic negligence on injuries' (BR seen dragging them out of their hospital beds) and 'all my issues with him still hold true regardless of recent results' (we're doing well at football but I'm not happy with that). I find it Incredible the extents a minority of people will go to to slate BR.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Some hilarious comments on here stating 'systematic negligence on injuries' (BR seen dragging them out of their hospital beds) and 'all my issues with him still hold true regardless of recent results' (we're doing well at football but I'm not happy with that). I find it Incredible the extents a minority of people will go to to slate BR.

I agree in principle but to dismiss concerns over performance is myopic. 

He's not been very good for a year. People should have doubts and expectations. Doesn't mean he's not the best man for the job. 

1 hour ago, LaCiudad said:

Unless you work on the principle that coaching / fitness regimes don't, as a rule, impact on resilience, then you have to at least ask a few questions about our injury record over the past few years.

The notion of a player being rushed back too soon, or not being given a break and suffering a predictable injury, isn't exactly a new concept in football. While I'm definitely a Rodgers supporter, I think I'd struggle to argue that he hasn't ever been guilty of these things. That the physiotherapy and medical departments have been overhauled in recent years suggests that the club is aware of shortcomings.

Clearly, there are many ways in which a manager can have an impact on the injuries at the club. We talk about what a great fitness record we had under Pearson, but he recently gave an interview defending his injury record at Bristol City, acknowledging that the intensity of training that he favoured came with a price. So there you have something else which, quite conceivably, could be affecting us. Maybe it's a price worth paying, but we can't deny that such things could be a factor.

Or maybe I'm totally back-to-front, and it's a case of us having focused too much on shape rather than physical fitness, as was widely publicised as having been a major issue under Sousa. The poor condition of our players was referenced again and again under Sven, and the blame laid squarely at his predecessor's door, just as it was when Bassett took over after Taylor. So who knows? it could be that.

For those with a longer memory, a lot of pundits back in the early 90s said that our horrendous injuries under Pleat in 89/90 were largely a result of physically slight players being asked to do things that they weren't well-equipped to do. In other words, if you're short on physicality and you expect Wayne Clarke, Rob Johnson or Marc North to win your battles for you, then people are going to get hurt. Perhaps our notoriously lightweight side are picking up injuries because, well, they're pretty lightweight.

...The point being that there are loads of ways, justifiable and less so, in which a regime may impact on the injury situation at the club. As Leicester fans we've seen all of them. So it'd be a bit blinkered to not ask a question or two.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaaaa LETS BE AVIN YOOOOU!!!

Come on lads, show your support for Brendan. Don't just do it when gob shites like me are spouting off about systematic negligence on players conditioning!

LETS GO ****ING MENTAL!!! LETS GO ****ING MENTAL!!! LALALAALALALAA lol

Edited by Simoken

I think Rodgers has finally accepted that its better to play to your strengths than try to be a knock-off Man. City. The players have also got over themselves and woke up to the fact that in this division nothing is given to you and if you present your arse to be kicked somebody will oblige. There is fight and attitude in our team now and I single out Amartey and Dewsbury-Hall for setting that example.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Rodgers has finally accepted that its better to play to your strengths than try to be a knock-off Man. City. The players have also got over themselves and woke up to the fact that in this division nothing is given to you and if you present your arse to be kicked somebody will oblige. There is fight and attitude in our team now and I single out Amartey and Dewsbury-Hall for setting that example.

Haha. I like this.

I agree Rodgers has been trying too hard to get the team to play in a certain way without regards to individual player strengths and weaknesses. Too much round pegs in square holes, though he has been trying to improve recently.

I also like the belief that is coming back, but I say we are still far from the never say die attitude that we used to have a few seasons back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he the man for the job if he can't keep a squad fit though long term? We all know how capable this squad is, he inherited it and immediately got us averaging 1.8 points a game for nigh on 2.5 years. 

That's the long and short of it, if we keep up this horror injury run to the end of the season and he still survives, fine. If then it happens again next season, he needs to do the decent thing and resign which he obviously wouldn't so we would rightly dismiss him. I still see so many not consider this possibility though, instead still hopelessly clinging on to the good times again when all the squad returns. It's fallacy.

Hi Ric

I can’t say I fully agree with this though I generally quite like your analysis and thoughts. I agree with what you say here though regarding

(1) injuries - it is clear now that it must be him to blame and also his responsibility to fix this; it has been going on for far too long under his reign to put this down to luck or someone else. In fact, I feel unfortunately some permanent damage has already been done to some players.

(2) a squad he “inherited”. At the moment, all the players that are performing, bar Lookman, were given to him. Although was it his idea to sign Fofana? His own signings - eg. Perez, Praet and Soumare have not been utilised well though Daka may turn out well.

• Like 1