Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he the man for the job if he can't keep a squad fit though long term? We all know how capable this squad is, he inherited it and immediately got us averaging 1.8 points a game for nigh on 2.5 years. 

That's the long and short of it, if we keep up this horror injury run to the end of the season and he still survives, fine. If then it happens again next season, he needs to do the decent thing and resign which he obviously wouldn't so we would rightly dismiss him. I still see so many not consider this possibility though, instead still hopelessly clinging on to the good times again when all the squad returns. It's fallacy.

Good point, but there has been some noticeable changes to the why he is handle things.

The way he has dealt with the return of Fofana and Evans has been very different to previous injury returnees. 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Hi Ric

I can’t say I fully agree with this though I generally quite like your analysis and thoughts. I agree with what you say here though regarding

(1) injuries - it is clear now that it must be him to blame and also his responsibility to fix this; it has been going on for far too long under his reign to put this down to luck or someone else. In fact, I feel unfortunately some permanent damage has already been done to some players.

(2) a squad he “inherited”. At the moment, all the players that are performing, bar Lookman, were given to him. Although was it his idea to sign Fofana? His own signings - eg. Perez, Praet and Soumare have not been utilised well though Daka may turn out well.

1) Doubt its that black and white, some injuries will be down to mismanagement, some plan luck. 

2) Unless you are in the room when the decision was made how do you know which who is supposedly he's signings? 

What about the likes of Justin, Castange?

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Good point, but there has been some noticeable changes to the why he is handle things.

The way he has dealt with the return of Fofana and Evans has been very different to previous injury returnees. 

Yes he has and hopefully the penny has dropped and we see improvement, likewise the news that new physios/club doctors are on their way. 

It's still too early to say this will sort it bit let's see. There are some players that might well be broken and how you fix them might take more than just an improved player conditioning programme. The likes of Ndidi, Vardy, Evans and Castagne pick up several injuries a season and then we've seen through a slice of bad luck or whatever Justin, Ricardo and Fofana have had such serious injuries that they may never completely recover to the robustness they had before.

It could be we need to tacticaly move a few of these on and go with stronger new models and try not to break these this time.

I mean, he's won more with us than he did at Liverpool. 

For now, we're on course for top 10 and it does feel like we're over the bad hump. I put the blame for that, partly, on him and his team for the way they managed injuries. 

However, if he leaves us having achieved consecutive top 10 finishes (including two 5th place) and FA cup/ Community Shield - that's pretty good going. 

Ideally, I'd like him to stay for 5 years and get us back into Europe. Sustainability is massive for a club like ours. It would do more for us, both in offering players opportunities but the kind of managers we could attract. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes he has and hopefully the penny has dropped and we see improvement, likewise the news that new physios/club doctors are on their way. 

It's still too early to say this will sort it bit let's see. There are some players that might well be broken and how you fix them might take more than just an improved player conditioning programme. The likes of Ndidi, Vardy, Evans and Castagne pick up several injuries a season and then we've seen through a slice of bad luck or whatever Justin, Ricardo and Fofana have had such serious injuries that they may never completely recover to the robustness they had before.

It could be we need to tacticaly move a few of these on and go with stronger new models and try not to break these this time.

I've seen enough of Fofana and Justin to think they should be fine, they both look pretty good already, jury still out on Ricardo he seem to be the one that's seem to breakdown a lot. 

Castange I'm not so worried about with Justin and Ricardo and Thomas fit none of our fullback should be playing more the 25-30 games a season, lot of options to rotate.

Vardy and Evans need to be looked after, neither should be playing weekend-midweek-weekend.

Its cumulative, losing 4 or 5 squad members puts more pressure on the remaining squad members, we need to start next season with a clean bill of health. 

Have little to play for in the PL will help us with that, as we will not have to risk anyone.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's on those who have been sticking up for him all season, why aren't you getting your Jimmy's waxed with this upturn in results? It's not for those that still have doubts about him to grovel on here because we are improving. That's where the " it's quiet in here " posts are aimed at, because of all growing fanbase who'd had enough of the recurring problems. Why aren't those that stood up for him in adversity really basking in this right now, they have started to be proven right to stick with him.

Quite obstroculus debate..

He's still here,the fans opinion won't be the reason he stays or goes

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

....you get a movement of fans willing to make their feelings known at games, and the managers tenure starts to hang by a thread!!!

It is the fans that inevitably gets managers out of the door.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you get a movement of fans willing to make their feelings known at games, and the managers tenure starts to hang by a thread!!!

It is the fans that inevitably gets managers out of the door.

Only after history of seasons recurring failures,very rare after team & high position/ Cup achievements. & High %

injury mitigating circumstances..

We are not a guaranteed expected entitled top 1-6 club . Our owners will not be yet thinking yet or have a desire to play that sort of game....

47 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I trust our owners thankfully, they make decisions based on many things but fan opinion does factor in eventually. It was getting pretty vitriolic at one point but they will be very relieved that's died down.

There does, belatedly, seem to be a plan with recovering players and the squad look fully committed at the moment. A good end to the season, no strange sales over the summer and hopefully we can start next season in decent shape.

Incredible decision to make that sub. Castagne staying at left back is fair enough as he was have a good game defensively but Justin's best performances have been at left back so hope that's the end of it when they're both fit and starting together.

But taking Iheanacho off anyway when he was holding up the ball and linking up play really well is a bizarre decision, but to take him off for Lookman when you have Daka on the bench is something else. Actually needed Lookman on alongside Kel to give runners beyond.

Might have still been 0-0 and created very little but he basically cost us the chance of winning with that substitution. Yet again his Hubris is the biggest limitation on his management and this team.

35 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Bringing off your only striker against a side who had no intention of scoring tonight.

Not hard to see why he's never been beyond a last 16 European tie before tonight. 

I couldn't get my head around it, was it to try and press them more effectively?

Seems bizarre...

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I couldn't get my head around it, was it to try and press them more effectively?

Seems bizarre...

Wrong move, I don’t think Rodgers trusts Daka though. Daka has been really struggling lately and his first touch is terrible.

Guest Col city fan

The Rodgers in/out debate (apart from being academic… he’s got too much power at the club so doubt he’ll be sacked) will rage on and on.

I’ve never known such a Jekyll and Hyde team as Leicester, under Rodgers.

We go from a nice run in the league to a performance like tonight which was like a limp todger.

How many shots did we have tonight? 1 or 2?

We get away with a stonewall penalty which, if we’d have had VAR would have been given. I’ve no doubt of that

I find him the most perplexing manager we’ve had in years. Lots of pretty football, no real edge, physically done over most weeks, yet we also eke out results when we don’t expect them

Confusing aint the half of it…

No Ndidi

No Mendy

No Vardy

Kel and Daka bang average. 

Hard to get goals out of that team tonight when Youri and KDH have to pick up the slack from not having a recognisable CDM.

Brendan has done alright tonight.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

No Ndidi

No Mendy

No Vardy

Kel and Daka bang average. 

Hard to get goals out of that team tonight when Youri and KDH have to pick up the slack from not having a recognisable CDM.

Brendan has done alright tonight.  

He had a very strong team, picked a fairly positive team and the general pace of play and intent in the first half was good, so he did well there.

But the second half was awful and if you think he has 'done alright' with that substitution, I don't really know what to say. Utterly abject decision with absolutely zero logic and likely to have a negative effect on Daka's confidence too.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
Just now, dmayne7 said:

He had a very strong team, picked a fairly positive team and the general pace of play and intent in the first half was good, so he did well there.

But the second half was awful and if you think he has 'done alright' with that substitution, I don't really know what to say. Utterly abject decision with absolutely zero logic and likely to have a negative effect on Daka's confidence too.

There is nothing you can say. Robbo Fox must have been watching a different game. To be that limp in the 2nd half with a team containing Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Kelechi, Iheanacho and KDF can’t be reasoned out. 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Bringing off your only striker against a side who had no intention of scoring tonight.

Not hard to see why he's never been beyond a last 16 European tie before tonight. 

Iheanacho was poor tonight I thought, and as we could see a change was needed, as we didn’t really look like scoring.

I quite liked that he was willing to try something different for 15 minutes, it didn’t work out, but I do like the ability to switch our thinking.

After about 15 minutes he brought Daka on, which again didn’t make much difference.

A frustrating evening for everyone really, but would still fancy us to go through. 

This is Brendan, when he gets his team back looking comfortable defensively he doesn't look to turn the screw going forward, thay only really comes when we take a team apart early on and we don't have to make any change to our output but to stick to the game plan and the team can't cope or when we are so poor defensively that we are forced to try and go forward, usually from pride from the players or the demands from the fans.

Hopefully we can start to look a bit more dynamic going forward but it's still a long way off what we know we're capable of. I'm still not happy with the system and personnel we are playing, its got some work to do.