Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Amazing how some posters completely disappear when we've won a few games.....@kiwiturk 

8 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I am not a fan of BR, however today we were excellent. I have no complaints.

I loved the pressing from the front! We were absolutely ruthless, I loved it! More, please MORE!

1 Swallow doesn't make a summer, I am well aware, yet, if BR can change his tactics more often, and become the pragmatic manager for the occasion, he may turn me around if we can improve the results, and get this talented team to where they should be in the league & Europe:scarf::thumbup: Its a start... I am very pleased with today.

Coaching wise I think there's two things he's done recently that prove he's willing to change, firstly changing the way we defend set pieces (moved to a mix of man marking and zonal) but more importantly pushed players up, where as before we'd always brought everyone back and invited more pressure on us in the box. 

Secondly, he's looked to go 4-3-3 rather than 3 at the back even with more defenders available and us perhaps needing something a bit different to our normal 4-2-3-1. I have been a little cautious that this 4-3-3 sees us not create quite as much but be much more robust at defending, today we were immense and the only thing I'd like to see improve is getting Maddison to be given proper freedom to roam in to the 10 role as opposed to being wide as much, he's so dangerous 20+ yards from goal when drifting in to those pockets.

Rodgers out. 

Lampard in. 

Not too many pages back people thought the above was a good idea, numerous people. 

Word of advice for the newbies, whatever you read on Foxestalk, the opposite is normally the right way to go. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

With regards to the Rodgers in or out dilemma of the last few months, I've generally sat on the fence, because I didn't think we could get anyone better than him.  I'm just glad that things have settled down for now, and it looks like with our players back, the club were right to stick with him this season. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Coaching wise I think there's two things he's done recently that prove he's willing to change, firstly changing the way we defend set pieces (moved to a mix of man marking and zonal) but more importantly pushed players up, where as before we'd always brought everyone back and invited more pressure on us in the box. 

Secondly, he's looked to go 4-3-3 rather than 3 at the back even with more defenders available and us perhaps needing something a bit different to our normal 4-2-3-1. I have been a little cautious that this 4-3-3 sees us not create quite as much but be much more robust at defending, today we were immense and the only thing I'd like to see improve is getting Maddison to be given proper freedom to roam in to the 10 role as opposed to being wide as much, he's so dangerous 20+ yards from goal when drifting in to those pockets.

Yeah noticed this too.

I think RE Maddison, there has to be some compromises for defensive protection. For me its all about earning the right to play, and wow did we do that today!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

How can you not be a fan? I know Leicester fans are generally fussy but come on guys. Outcome wise, probably the joint second best manager in our history. 

This season has been frustrating yes but apart from the elite managers, of which Brendan isn't one of, I'm not sure how much more could've been squeezed out of the team given the circumstances he's had to deal with.

I have written extensively about the failings. 

Mainly:

The European failures (Legia, Napoli & Moscow) How did we finish 3rd?

Lack of willingness to change / acknowledge obvious issues, seems arrogance to me, and has lead me to feeling disenfranchised as a fan.

We can't defend.

We are very poor at creating chances from open play, over the season.

Injuries accepted, we are well below where the quality of the side demands we should be, in the League. and in terms of quality of European competition.

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I think the 2 attacking subs were meant to be a distraction for Palace whilst we went 5 at the back later on when he brought Timmy on. IMO very good subs and tactics.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I was fearing the back five but it wasn't, Castagne took up Maddisons position to keep Zaha quiet for the last few minutes.

Castagne indeed took up Maddison's position

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, TK95 said:

Castagne sub was a bit random but we're not as knee jerk of late

He said he wanted some extra height on the pitch for set pieces.

As one of his biggest critics, I'm fully capable of admitting over recent weeks it has been better. In recent weeks we have actually looked like the footballing side I expected when he first arrived.

I would be intrigued as to why it has taken us until Late March/April though, to both look fully fit, and capable of passing the football now.....Anybody got thoughts on why this is the case?

The departure of Congerton, and the recent change to the medical staff, seem completely unrelated or too soon to make a difference.

I still feel the weakest area of our team is the attackers and forwards though. I've held this belief all season. Soyuncu and Amartey once again showed they were more than capable, and would have had another clean sheet but for another Tielemans basic lazy error.

There are signs he is 'learning'.

But he has to do so even more over the Summer, and admit that the recruitment of Vestergaard and Bertrand were wrong.

If he's going to target similar players to Justin/KDH/Fofana, I'm all for him staying, that has to be our type of signings for the club we are, to progress continually. 

He also needs to bring Soumare into the league over the coming weeks, and give some of these youngsters chances too, as he should now be using the league to learn for next season.

He has certainly weathered the storm.

I think it is telling that he brought on two attacking subs. I think during our bad patch, the players weren't confident and even Brendan wasn't. The issues with the defence permeated the whole team and we were so low on confidence. 

We seem to have got a bit more of our mojo back and Brendan seems more willing to be aggressive later in games. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Have you noticed our performances becoming more of the standard expected, despite Rodgers saying the players were no longer good enough? 

When did Rogers say the players were "no longer good enough"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Have you noticed our performances becoming more of the standard expected, despite Rodgers saying the players were no longer good enough? 

Yeah was thinking about this earlier. It’s fine to keep blaming injuries, we’d all be pissed off with performances and then back to it next season. I fear he’s absolutely ****ed it for this summer’s dealings by saying we need an overhaul though… Now that we’ve got bodies returning he hopefully means a bench overhaul more than anything.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

Have you noticed how for months it was nothing to do with injuries . he was just a crap manager but now our defenders are back, he's "learning"?

Think his persistence with his zonal marking debacle and no-one on the back post didn't help either. Even his mates in the media had to repeatedly tell him on the tv screen until the light bulb went on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think his persistence with his zonal marking debacle and no-one on the back post didn't help either. Even his mates in the media had to repeatedly tell him on the tv screen until the light bulb went on.

He’s very slow on the uptake isn’t he.

Its taken him a year to employ another doctor (I think it was)

18 months to realise Perez is no good 

A good six months to acknowledge the set piece issue 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Better late than never ig

16 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Better late than never ig

Well it is yeah. But I hope any problem we start to develop in the future doesn’t take so long to sort out

I already think we don’t score enough from open play without Vardy (though I know we scored twice on Sunday from it) And I think it’ll turn out to be Rodgers next hurdle that he’ll have to address next season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well it is yeah. But I hope any problem we start to develop in the future doesn’t take so long to sort out

I already think we don’t score enough from open play without Vardy (though I know we scored twice on Sunday from it) And I think it’ll turn out to be Rodgers next hurdle that he’ll have to address next season. 

You've scored the 5th-most non set piece goals in the league. Vardy has only scored 9 of them. You're also 7th top scorers overall. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I'd lay a pound to a penny that Brendan doesn't employ the doctors at your club. I don't think most clubs allow the manager to hire the club staff. 

• Like 3