Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

One of my mates is a first team fitness coach at a premier league club. I asked him if he thought Rodgers could be responsible for the injuries or if the ACLs etc are just bad luck.

He basically said an ACL is often due to neural fatigue. If a player does one when no one has made any contact with him - ala Barnes and Justin - then it’s basically fatigue leading to the signals from the brain not firing sharp enough to the legs to balance in the right way to take the load. If it’s impact ala Grealish on Justin then it’s just bad luck.

Rodgers is culpable for the injuries through over playing or over training of the players either through decisions he’s made himself or the team that he built around him making poor decisions. Thus, the injuries are not an excuse for his failings - it’s like saying a compulsive smoker is not at fault for the lung cancer they’ve got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

One of my mates is a first team fitness coach at a premier league club. I asked him if he thought Rodgers could be responsible for the injuries or if the ACLs etc are just bad luck.

He basically said an ACL is often due to neural fatigue. If a player does one when no one has made any contact with him - ala Barnes and Justin - then it’s basically fatigue leading to the signals from the brain not firing sharp enough to the legs to balance in the right way to take the load. If it’s impact ala Grealish on Justin then it’s just bad luck.

Rodgers is culpable for the injuries through over playing or over training of the players either through decisions he’s made himself or the team that he built around him making poor decisions. Thus, the injuries are not an excuse for his failings - it’s like saying a compulsive smoker is not at fault for the lung cancer they’ve got.

Was Barnes an ACL then ??

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Was Barnes an ACL then ??

Barnes was knee damage but don't think it was ligaments. Rodgers had revealed though that he'd been struggling with it for a while and that had they continued to rest him thr fans would have gone mad or something along those lines after he got injured vs Arsenal and he explained it was something that had been bothering him already. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12231840/harvey-barnes-out-for-at-least-six-weeks-with-knee-injury-brendan-rodgers-says-leicester-down-to-bare-bones

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

If we lose tonight then I assume the poll will be back …. I suspect a clutch of support have only been placated by the idea that we might still win a trophy …

Would largely depend on how we would lose,  I'd assume.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we lose tonight then I assume the poll will be back …. I suspect a clutch of support have only been placated by the idea that we might still win a trophy …

It shouldn't unless we get hammered ala Forest. End the season strong and remain largely injury free and even I trust the boards judgement which would be that he should stay.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think it's your initials!

I'd like to point out that it seems I have Won the Day on FoxesTalk for the first time in my life. And it was for "I think it's your initials."

There some sort of inner meaning on the state of the internet and social media in this, if anyone was looking for something to get their PhD with.

• Like 3

I've no doubt there'll be a poll if we lose, 95% of football fans can barely see past the last result. You've only got to see people coming in here giving it big licks after a few competent displays after a year of guff. On the other side, there'll be people waiting for the next bad performance/result to use as a reason why he should go.

Until I start seeing him consistently doing better in areas that concern me then I'll remain wanting him out, knowing his pros and cons. There does seem to be a shift happening, seemingly from above Brendan in terms of trying to wrestle back dominance in decision making on recruitment and medical, which I'm happy about. He seems to be handling recovery/reintroduction better, but it's a small sample size atm.

We seem to change style of play every week, so whenever I have an opinion on that now, it seems outdated a couple of games down the line lol

I've been keeping out of this thread as I spent 6-12 months repeating myself over and over again, but here's where i'm at with Brendan atm.

My 5 main concerns are

• Poor handling of injured/returning players
  • Wants too much of a say in recruitment and medical - having his own yes men in those areas originally
  • We are wasting a lot of our budget on players not good enough for the first XI that don't seem to match our general recruitment policy. It feels very scattergun at times, like there's no plan in place. Brendan has made it very clear that he likes to decide these things and I believe that until now, he's most likely had the final say on most incomings.
  • Makes really weird decisions when under pressure/high stakes
  • We tend to bottle any situations where we're favourites to achieve something

Minor concerns for me

• he's abandoned his positive outlook in place of a more defensive safety first approach.
  • his salary is gargantuan and I will always hold him to the standard he's paid at

Positives appear to be

• when things are good then they're really good, the football can be excellent - feels like a lifetime since this has been consistent but we've seen signs of it recently
  • I do like that he's keen to try and do well in all competitions we enter - the draw was favourable for the fa cup but he picked teams capable of dispatching lesser teams up to the final
  • He also seems to be able to keep players onside, despite treating some of them very shoddily. How Kel hasn't chinned him at least once over the past few years I don't know lol

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I've no doubt there'll be a poll if we lose, 95% of football fans can barely see past the last result. You've only got to see people coming in here giving it big licks after a few competent displays after a year of guff. On the other side, there'll be people waiting for the next bad performance/result to use as a reason why he should go.

Until I start seeing him consistently doing better in areas that concern me then I'll remain wanting him out, knowing his pros and cons. There does seem to be a shift happening, seemingly from above Brendan in terms of trying to wrestle back dominance in decision making on recruitment and medical, which I'm happy about. He seems to be handling recovery/reintroduction better, but it's a small sample size atm.

We seem to change style of play every week, so whenever I have an opinion on that now, it seems outdated a couple of games down the line lol

I've been keeping out of this thread as I spent 6-12 months repeating myself over and over again, but here's where i'm at with Brendan atm.

My 5 main concerns are

• Poor handling of injured/returning players
  • Wants too much of a say in recruitment and medical - having his own yes men in those areas originally
  • We are wasting a lot of our budget on players not good enough for the first XI that don't seem to match our general recruitment policy. It feels very scattergun at times, like there's no plan in place. Brendan has made it very clear that he likes to decide these things and I believe that until now, he's most likely had the final say on most incomings.
  • Makes really weird decisions when under pressure/high stakes
  • We tend to bottle any situations where we're favourites to achieve something

Minor concerns for me

• he's abandoned his positive outlook in place of a more defensive safety first approach.
  • his salary is gargantuan and I will always hold him to the standard he's paid at

Positives appear to be

• when things are good then they're really good, the football can be excellent - feels like a lifetime since this has been consistent but we've seen signs of it recently
  • I do like that he's keen to try and do well in all competitions we enter - the draw was favourable for the fa cup but he picked teams capable of dispatching lesser teams up to the final
  • He also seems to be able to keep players onside, despite treating some of them very shoddily. How Kel hasn't chinned him at least once over the past few years I don't know lol

I'll go you one further - if there's one misplaced pass, people are up in arms.

Otherwise, a lot of reasonable points made. No idea if he actually does treat players shoddily - perhaps the fact they remain onside suggests he communicates better than we might assume.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Otherwise, a lot of reasonable points made. No idea if he actually does treat players shoddily - perhaps the fact they remain onside suggests he communicates better than we might assume.

If you're talking about the match thread then that's just par for the course instant reaction when watching a game :D If someone brings up a single misplaced pass post match in an otherwise good performance, then I'd suggest that person has an agenda

On the second point, that's a good point, probably not a fair use of words, it feels like he doesn't give some players much leeway whereas others seem to get plenty. He clearly manages to communicate his decisions in a way that sits well with the players though.

Last summers recruitment haven't exactly looked great. Daka is a solid finisher but he's struggling a bit. Soumare is young and still adapting. The RW is an everlasting problem that can't be solved. How many people trust Rodgers to lead the massive overhaul that will happen in the summer? 

I've got no problem with Rodgers if we lose tonight. Unless we get battered 5-1 or something. PSV are not minnows, so a narrow loss is not a disgrace. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm Rodgers in, but to devil's advocate your second point, regardless of the communication, kel has justification to want to drop kick him for his treatment.

After ending last season as leading goalscorer and saving the day, he deserved to play a major part from the first game of the season.

The momentum was gone by the time he did start playing.

This then leads to my biggest gripe though that we should have switched to a 2 to build the team around a 2 with him in it.

Our current front 3 without Vardy seems to be all about Barnes and he simply ain't good enough to be our only real hope.

A front 2 of daka and nacho, playing to their strengths gives at least double the hope than laying it all at Barnes feet, who has been hit and miss, to say the least.

Edited by gw_leics772

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

I'm Rodgers in, but to devil's advocate your second point, regardless of the communication, kel has justification to want to drop kick him for his treatment.

After ending last season as leading goalscorer and saving the day, he deserved to play a major part from the first game of the season.

The momentum was gone by the time he did start playing.

This then leads to my biggest gripe though that we should have switched to a 2 to build the team around a 2 with him in it.

Our current front 3 without Vardy seems to be all about Barnes and he simply ain't good enough to be our only real hope.

A front 2 of daka and nacho, playing to their strengths gives at least double the hope that laying it all at Barnes feet, who has been hit and miss, to say the least.

I take all your points, of course. But Kelechi is paid a huge sum of money to behave himself, regardless of the merit of your (or any) footballing arguments.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Going out in a cup competition in mid-April is never a reason to offload a manager. Ridiculous that it would even be mentioned.

Not qualifying for Europe is the issue :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Another big game and opportunity and yet another pathetic effort from the team. I’m fed up of this pattern, something needs to change.

Change you say…Preying you’ll go and spout shite “supporting” another team 

• Like 2