Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Very encouraging words about how to handle the players, keep proving me wrong Brendan. Nobody can deny he doesn't try and change where its needed.

Earlier in the season I thought we overplayed the injuries excuse (though to be fair, Rodgers never did). As in sure, we had a lot of injuries but we invested quite heavily into the squad and the results were not there.

But since Evans, Fofana, Ricardo and Castagne (and JJ) came back, unsurprisingly we look twice the team we did earlier in the season. In fact despite a misfiring Tielemans, an injured Vardy and an injured Ndidi, we've been playing some really nice stuff. The goals we scored against PSV were real class. And this season I think KDH and to a certain extent Amartey have really been developed. Now we are in the situation we were supposed to be at the start of the season; capable of having two strong teams so we can rotate players and keep competitive. It's a bit galling seeing how West Ham are doing because though they fully deserve their success this season, I feel we should be in a similar position both in the league and the Europa League proper itself.

If we start next season with a full compliment of players and make some good signings we could be very competitive. Tielemans leaving won't hurt us nearly as much as I would have thought at the start of this season, and though Vardy is a legend, I feel like in recent weeks we've seen that there is still a bright future without him.

Ultimately I think Rodgers is a very good coach and fully deserves to go into next season with our backing. Winning the Conference League is still a really tough ask, on paper I'd have Roma s favourites given they have Mourinho in charge, but getting to a semi-final in Europe for the first time is still very exciting and the development of young players is something Rodgers is really good at. Brendan will the best out of players like KDH, Fofana, Barnes, Daka and that is really beneficial to us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

He's probably said it to play down expectations, but I don’t agree that 8th is the absolute highest we can finish! We’re 11 points behind West Ham with 3 games in hand - it’s not impossible to catch them although difficult while rotating for Europe. But 8th is a good, realistic target.

Only Man City and liverpool have us on the their teams that cant catch us list......... Where is that thread this year?

If the players had kept it together vs Spurs and Wolves, 9pts off fourth place, potentially 6 pts.

The [what if] argument is crap and I aint invoking it but the perception of the season could of been soooo much better but for those specific errors

I will invoke the [what if] in future context though. We go into great escape form in the league and FA cup winning resiliant in Europe and Brendan, 2 years running, double qualifies us for europe, 

Surley greatest manager ever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, He aint bald said:

Only Man City and liverpool have us on the their teams that cant catch us list......... Where is that thread this year?

If the players had kept it together vs Spurs and Wolves, 9pts off fourth place, potentially 6 pts.

The [what if] argument is crap and I aint invoking it but the perception of the season could of been soooo much better but for those specific errors

I will invoke the [what if] in future context though. We go into great escape form in the league and FA cup winning resiliant in Europe and Brendan, 2 years running, double qualifies us for europe, 

Surley greatest manager ever

That thread will hopefully start this weekend, if we win Norwich are the first team on the list, if Watford fail to win they will also be on that list, providing we get a win.

I've read a few articles recently describing our season as a failure and yet when we were absolute pony a few months ago, the very same journalists were mocking us for daring to be unhappy. Most of us are now quite chipper about things and so it's a better platform for these clueless hacks to spout their own nonsense.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've read a few articles recently describing our season as a failure and yet when we were absolute pony a few months ago, the very same journalists were mocking us for daring to be unhappy. Most of us are now quite chipper about things and so it's a better platform for these clueless hacks to spout their own nonsense.

I make a point of never reading or listening to any garbage that comes out of a so-called "expert's" pen or mouth. Even ex pros who should know better contradict themselves all the time. We have defended badly and now we are a lot better at it hence the improved results its as simple as that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Best to never judge a season until its conclusion in my view.

Most of them have know little about any one out of the big six. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And that’s another reason I hate this manager, apart from the pathetic set piece record. We’ve just spent 45 minutes passing it side to side we no invention. Possession over purpose. Not for me, never will be 

"Pissession" football, plenty of possession, but do piss all with it!

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And that’s another reason I hate this manager, apart from the pathetic set piece record. We’ve just spent 45 minutes passing it side to side we no invention. Possession over purpose. Not for me, never will be 

We had 3 first choice players starting today. That was not the performance or team to judge anyone on.

Much bigger priorities this season.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We had 3 first choice players starting today. That was not the performance or team to judge anyone on.

The performance is one thing but the intent is another. Should never be going into games like this content to pinch a point regardless of the personal available. And the manager choose to make so many changes so was hardly forced upon him. Easy game to pin it on him.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

The performance is one thing but the intent is another. Should never be going into games like this content to pinch a point regardless of the personal available. And the manager choose to make so many changes so was hardly forced upon him. Easy game to pin it on him.

Nah, we all agree on the priorities this season. The players who played and busted a guy in Eindhoven on Thursday night deserved their break. I believe that was our 50th game this season - 14 more than Newcastle and we played our second string, who just simply aren’t as good as the first XI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The players aren’t as good granted, but let’s judge us in the league so far… oh and that awful set piece record. 

It’s been crap to watch most weeks, with the odd bit of stardust from individuals. I don’t like this ‘philosophy’ it does nothing for me

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Nah, we all agree on the priorities this season. The players who played and busted a guy in Eindhoven on Thursday night deserved their break. I believe that was our 50th game this season - 14 more than Newcastle and we played our second string, who just simply aren’t as good as the first XI.

So by that stance the ones that came in should be full of beans? Not passing it sideways playing for a point 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfceaves said:

The players aren’t as good granted, but let’s judge us in the league so far… oh and that awful set piece record. 

It’s been crap to watch most weeks, with the odd bit of stardust from individuals. I don’t like this ‘philosophy’ it does nothing for me

If you’re going to judge context needs to come into it too. Our second string isn’t as good as the first XI, since the return of the majority of first team players, I can’t remember the last set piece goal we conceded?

Over the course of the season so far, even with most of our first 11 out we’ve been 9th best in the PL, we’ve seen recently how much better we are with Fofana, Evans, Ricardo and Castagne as the back 4 and that’s still without Ndidi and Vardy.

Have seen the best and not so good this week from Brendan. PSV speaks for itself but at Newcastle we fell back into the type of performance that has been happening far too often this season. It's all well and good saying we're back on track because our best players have returned. That's bleeding obvious. Just so disappointing that he feels that we can play the same system and same expansive style against anyone on any day with any 11 players available to him and get the same outcome. 

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

...team was good enough to beat this Newcastle team, we just do not have it in us to stand up and be counted!!!

We were individually weak, and collectively poor, we can't blame this on the manager, the players should have more pride when out on the pitch, reactive  as opposed to being proactive, in all aspects. 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...team was good enough to beat this Newcastle team, we just do not have it in us to stand up and be counted!!!

We were individually weak, and collectively poor, we can't blame this on the manager, the players should have more pride when out on the pitch, reactive  as opposed to being proactive, in all aspects. 

The players played the way the manager demands and the manager was happy with how they played. You can't really blame the players on this one.