Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He’s clearly now hinging the whole season on the Conference League and should be judged on that. A similar performance vs Roma and he should rightly get roasted for it. 

Not saying we should beat Roma, we are capable but the minimum requirement is having a go. Especially sacrificing league games the way we are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

He’s clearly now hinging the whole season on the Conference League and should be judged on that. A similar performance vs Roma and he should rightly get roasted for it. 

Not saying we should beat Roma, we are capable but the minimum requirement is having a go. Especially sacrificing league games the way we are. 

Didn't even mind the rotation, it was the attitude we approached the game with, just absolutely reeked of having no ambition to go and take 3 points that were there to be taken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I have this feeling Brendan will shit his pants

make me wrong Brendan

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The players played the way the manager demands and the manager was happy with how they played. You can't really blame the players on this one.

...decision making today was just braindead!!!

The manager may ask for a style of play or the way he sets up, but within the framework you can make decisions.

We made far too many poor decisions to have got anything out of this game, we were poor all round. 

• Like 4

I’m so happy though for the people here, the (Newcastle United) supporters.

“You get a great feeling every time you come here.

“It is one of the cities and grounds I really enjoy coming to.

“It is great for the (Newcastle) supporters because the passion here is incredible. “Eddie (Howe) has come in and made a very good start, made some really good signings.“I think that gives great hope to the (Newcastle) supporters.

“I’m pretty sure they’ll look to build on that in the summer.

“This is one of the incoming football clubs in Britain.

“It is a special place…

“A great atmosphere during the game and we are just disappointed with the result…but we say congratulations to Newcastle.”

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Bit much Brendan, auditioning for a job??

I think very possibly yes. 

None of the big lads will take him with his record of finishing weakly. I think Newcastle is the next step for him, realistically. They're a 'big club' and he absolutely adores that. 

• Like 3

Said this a few pages back and today was just another example of it. Started well, took the lead and as a direct result we were ultra defensive and on the back foot throughout. I'm convinced had we gone 1 0 down rather than 1 0 up we'd have gone on and won the game. We are so much better when we're playing catch up, he just doesn't seem to be able to cope with going ahead early and managing the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

The players played the way the manager demands and the manager was happy with how they played. You can't really blame the players on this one.

But you can blame Amartey for playing a stupid ball instead of retaining it. Keep the ball for another extra half a minute and we would have got a draw.

Decision making by some of our players is really poor.

The one thing Rodgers annoyed me with was coming out and saying that the team was "inexperienced". Amartey is late 20s not 18.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

But you can blame Amartey for playing a stupid ball instead of retaining it. Keep the ball for another extra half a minute and we would have got a draw.

Decision making by some of our players is really poor.

The one thing Rodgers annoyed me with was coming out and saying that the team was "inexperienced". Amartey is late 20s not 18.

Haha I'm gonna have to listen to this, sounds like more Rodgers gold lol

43 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Bit much Brendan, auditioning for a job??

He may as well. It's taken some of your lot from Thursday to Sunday to decide he's crap again and needs to go lol.

You're having a bad season. It happens to the best teams and managers. Leicester are no exception to that. For what he's done so far, you should be writing this season off and at least giving him next season to see what's what. If performances and results are the same over a season with a fully fit squad, then you can properly call for his head. 

2 hours ago, Bozman said:

has he gone yet..?

He’s not going anywhere. The upturn in form since players started coming back from injury will be enough to keep him around until early next season at least.

Big summer ahead and has to hit the ground running in the new season especially if we spend some money this summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

He may as well. It's taken some of your lot from Thursday to Sunday to decide he's crap again and needs to go lol.

You're having a bad season. It happens to the best teams and managers. Leicester are no exception to that. For what he's done so far, you should be writing this season off and at least giving him next season to see what's what. If performances and results are the same over a season with a fully fit squad, then you can properly call for his head. 

I never called for his head, I still think he is the right man, the post was in relation to his over the top praise of Newcastle.

14 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Just when you feel like we may be slowly turning a corner we bottle it again. So frustrating. 

Always find it amusing when people say this, would you have the bottle to play in front of 30k-50k people now every mistake you make is over analysed?

• Haha 1