Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The stat doing the rounds on twitter that we have dropped 27points this season from winning positions is criminal. I don't deny he's gave us some great moments and I appreciate yesterday we were managing a tired squad but the general feeling to how we approach games and lack of intent is so disappointing. Apart from the recent palace performance and second half v PSV its like we're trying to win games but using the least amount of effort to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

This is trainable.  Why isn't he on it?

Disagree - all the tactics and set up in the world can be undone very very quickly by lazy passes or silly mistakes. 

One thing Brendan is very good at is coaching and improving players. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The stat doing the rounds on twitter that we have dropped 27points this season from winning positions is criminal. I don't deny he's gave us some great moments and I appreciate yesterday we were managing a tired squad but the general feeling to how we approach games and lack of intent is so disappointing. Apart from the recent palace performance and second half v PSV its like we're trying to win games but using the least amount of effort to do so.

It's only relevant if it's a trend that can be seen in the previous two and a half seasons. So, is that the case? Have you dropped a similar about of points from winning positions in the other seasons?

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

He’s far too nice especially after a defeat about the opposition. Needs to be nastier. It progresses to the players. Albrighton laughing with lacuzzette start of the second half and we’re 1 down. 

That's just something you have to accept with Brendan Rodgers. He doesn't do animosity with the opposition. He doesn't see the games and opposition teams the way supporters see the games and opposition teams. He looks at opposing managers as "colleagues" rather than "the enemy". 

16 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I’m so happy though for the people here, the (Newcastle United) supporters.

“You get a great feeling every time you come here.

“It is one of the cities and grounds I really enjoy coming to.

“It is great for the (Newcastle) supporters because the passion here is incredible. “Eddie (Howe) has come in and made a very good start, made some really good signings.“I think that gives great hope to the (Newcastle) supporters.

“I’m pretty sure they’ll look to build on that in the summer.

“This is one of the incoming football clubs in Britain.

“It is a special place…

“A great atmosphere during the game and we are just disappointed with the result…but we say congratulations to Newcastle.”

That is pathetic…

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dames said:

He’s not going anywhere. The upturn in form since players started coming back from injury will be enough to keep him around until early next season at least.

Big summer ahead and has to hit the ground running in the new season especially if we spend some money this summer.

Depends on who/how many leave and the ability of who we buy. Are they a project? Hit the ground running? So many variables.

All depends on communication between owners, administration etc. A managers job is dependent upon everyone else in the club doing theirs. Just like those of us who manage people and operations try as you might to control everything you can't. Big changes coming this summer. I can feel it.

48 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

That's just something you have to accept with Brendan Rodgers. He doesn't do animosity with the opposition. He doesn't see the games and opposition teams the way supporters see the games and opposition teams. He looks at opposing managers as "colleagues" rather than "the enemy". 

That's a crock of BS as far as I'm concerned.  It's all about his carefully managed public persona.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

To say we bottled it is pathetic, we didn't lose because of a lack of courage, we were pushing up, trying to win the game. A bottler would have shut up shop. 

It's just another in the long line of meaningless catch phrases people use on here to try and sound clever. 

Ok then, it was a further example of the tactical taciturnity exemplified by Rodgers’ sides, where valorous pluck was to be found in short measure. 

17 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

“It is great for the (Newcastle) supporters because the passion here is incredible. “Eddie (Howe) has come in and made a very good start, made some really good signings.“I think that gives great hope to the (Newcastle) supporters.

“It is a special place…

“A great atmosphere during the game and we are just disappointed with the result…but we say congratulations to Newcastle.”

Nauseating muck from Brendan there.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That's a crock of BS as far as I'm concerned.  It's all about his carefully managed public persona.

His persona really hasn't changed that much in 10 years. The only thing that's changed is that he smartened up after Liverpool. More control over his interviews and how he releases info and anecdotes to the press.  Less of a happy go lucky nice guy because the press/fans will only use it and turn it against you. Our loss really as he was so willing to teach fans the game with the occasional podcast, interview and article.

Now the persona is of a no nonsense world class professional football manager. Saw it from his 1st Celtic interview.

17 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

“It is a special place…

5hS.gif.5ffabbea97dd574adb226eb121a48e2c.gif

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SO1 said:

His persona really hasn't changed that much in 10 years. The only thing that's changed is that he smartened up after Liverpool. More control over his interviews and how he releases info and anecdotes to the press.  Less of a happy go lucky nice guy because the press/fans will only use it and turn it against you. Our loss really as he was so willing to teach fans the game with the occasional podcast, interview and article.

Now the persona is of a no nonsense world class professional football manager. Saw it from his 1st Celtic interview.

But he's not world class ,only in his head.

It’s called sportsmanship and not being salty you don’t catch any rugby managers whinging they should have won whether they thought it or not and tbf a few football managers also Brendan being 1, he does it so not to come across a sour dick and also protects the Leicester name I’m sure Top would rather a bit of honour than being a bitter knob in an interview.

Just makes me laugh at you saying he should be an arse in the interview yet you are the 1st slating Klopp, Pep and Frank when they come out with the tears.

Will now post in the conspiracy thread

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

To say we bottled it is pathetic, we didn't lose because of a lack of courage, we were pushing up, trying to win the game. A bottler would have shut up shop. 

It's just another in the long line of meaningless catch phrases people use on here to try and sound clever. 

"Bottled it" is just an in-word at the minute. People use it for anything.

The game was boring, I've never seen more of a draw and Newcastle won the game because of our mistake not keeping the ball. Nothing to do with bottle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

...I  wouldn't say it is a meaningless catchphrase, we all know what it means!!!

It is just the interpretation of the situation that needs to be reviewed. 

My issue is not totally with the late goal, it is also the regular 25 minutes of nothing happening in the match. We could and should have forced the game. In the grand scheme of things it is a point lost in mid table but we need to offer more.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree - all the tactics and set up in the world can be undone very very quickly by lazy passes or silly mistakes. 

One thing Brendan is very good at is coaching and improving players. 

I'm not disagreeing with you but am suspicious about reputations touted and endlessly repeated by the media.  Which of our players do you think Brendan has improved ?

2 hours ago, Corky said:

My issue is not totally with the late goal, it is also the regular 25 minutes of nothing happening in the match. We could and should have forced the game. In the grand scheme of things it is a point lost in mid table but we need to offer more.

That's the issue really. As a one off that game is excusable but it's slowly becoming the norm. 

Eventually that type of process is just ingrained. Defend a one nil win when we're capable of more. Then defend the draw because we've failed to defend the win. 

The real infuriating thing is that every fan in that ground knew we could have demolished them if required. Why were we holding back when we could have been punching for a respectable league finish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but am suspicious about reputations touted and endlessly repeated by the media.  Which of our players do you think Brendan has improved ?

Barnes, Maddison, Dewsbury-Hall, Perreira from what I can see as an outsider

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Justin, Fofana, Maddison, Thomas, Barnes, KDH, Vardy off the top of my head. 

One thing you can give credit for (when it’s due) is that he does improve players.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Justin, Fofana, Maddison, Thomas, Barnes, KDH, Vardy off the top of my head. 

One thing you can give credit for (when it’s due) is that he does improve players.

You could go through that list and say most capable managers would get a tune out of them tbf