Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

You could go through that list and say most capable managers would get a tune out of them tbf

Well puel didn’t. Lots of players have played their best football of their career, under Rodgers. Vardy, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, periera, Justin, Barnes, Soyuncu, fofana, Iheanacho, Thomas and I’d make a case for Evans as well. 

He is very good at getting the best out of players, it’s hard to disagree with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Surprised hes not thrown Evans and Albrighton onto the list lol

Not a surprise to see you disagree with my opinions because frankly your comments on this forum are a shambles. 

Always get a good tickle reading your posts! 

10 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Well puel didn’t. Lots of players have played their best football of their career, under Rodgers. Vardy, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, periera, Justin, Barnes, Soyuncu, fofana, Iheanacho, Thomas and I’d make a case for Evans as well. 

He is very good at getting the best out of players, it’s hard to disagree with that. 

They're all established footballers or very exciting up and coming youngsters. 

They've all played exceptionally well at times and pretty poor or nieve at other times.

I like Brendan but some of the football we've watched hasn't, at times ,been any better than what Claude produced. 

He's very well payed for what he does but you can't disagree that ,at times, most Leicester fans aren't pulling their hair out with some of our tactics and set ups

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

They're all established footballers or very exciting up and coming youngsters. 

They've all played exceptionally well at times and pretty poor or nieve at other times.

I like Brendan but some of the football we've watched hasn't, at times ,been any better than what Claude produced. 

He's very well payed for what he does but you can't disagree that ,at times, most Leicester fans aren't pulling their hair out with some of our tactics and set ups

But the flip side of that is, at times, we’ve seen some of the best football ever at the club and he has had more success than most in the clubs history.

The fact that they are up and coming shows how good he is at taking youngsters and getting the best out of them, which is famously very difficult.

He is paid very well, and at times he has made some bonkers decisions. But on the whole, he has been exceptional imo.

This is still a decent league position, whilst winning the community shield and getting to a European semi final, when we’ve had unprecedented amount of injuries, some which could be argued he has played a part in and others that he clearly hasn’t.

Under any other a manger in the last few decades, this sort of season would have been seen as a resounding success. It’s now considered not good enough because of how far Brendan has taken us in the past few years. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

But the flip side of that is, at times, we’ve seen some of the best football ever at the club and he has had more success than most in the clubs history.

The fact that they are up and coming shows how good he is at taking youngsters and getting the best out of them, which is famously very difficult.

He is paid very well, and at times he has made some bonkers decisions. But on the whole, he has been exceptional imo.

This is still a decent league position, whilst winning the community shield and getting to a European semi final, when we’ve had unprecedented amount of injuries, some which could be argued he has played a part in and others that he clearly hasn’t.

Under any other a manger in the last few decades, this sort of season would have been seen as a resounding success. It’s now considered not good enough because of how far Brendan has taken us in the past few years. 

Yep,agree with most of that.

I'm happy with where we are as a club as its a very difficult league to stay competitive in.

I like him but I don't think it's a job that other managers wouldn't want or do fairly well at.

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Tielemans was here about a month when Claude got shown the door. Ditto Barnes. Ricardo was already showing signs of brilliance pre-Brendan. Maddison is debateable also. Nachoman I can agree with but Soyuncu was only there due to Maguire going. Evans was Evans. Can't credit Rodgers with that one. Others were not with us under Claude.

There's also the 'other' signings to consider too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Tielemans was here about a month when Claude got shown the door. Ditto Barnes. Ricardo was already showing signs of brilliance pre-Brendan. Maddison is debateable also. Nachoman I can agree with but Soyuncu was only there due to Maguire going. Evans was Evans. Can't credit Rodgers with that one. Others were not with us under Claude.

There's also the 'other' signings to consider too.

Every club has…“other signings too“…:sleep:

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Every club has…“other signings too“…:sleep:

Thats true but the post would have you believe that it was a Holloway to Pearson type turn around which wasn't quite the case.

I agreed with the Claude decision in February 2019 but whilst he did have a few forgettable days he got 4 points in the space of a month v Man City and Liverpool. Not many could claim that over 2 to 3 seasons. The Summer 2018 recruitment is still better than what has followed since. There would need to be some bit of balance in all this.

I'm in 2 minds about Rodgers. Our standing has been raised,the 12 months after were riveting at times, and the FA Cup win was magic but he has had a few costly errors.

The scheduling post covid has had an imapct on us but the signs are there that with at full strength we are a match for anyone (world beaters if you will).

Its worth sticking with Rodgers for next season if he can get a tune out of a full strength squad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Thats true but the post would have you believe that it was a Holloway to Pearson type turn around which wasn't quite the case.

I agreed with the Claude decision in February 2019 but whilst he did have a few forgettable days he got 4 points in the space of a month v Man City and Liverpool. Not many could claim that over 2 to 3 seasons. The Summer 2018 recruitment is still better than what has followed since. There would need to be some bit of balance in all this.

I'm in 2 minds about Rodgers. Our standing has been raised,the 12 months after were riveting at times, and the FA Cup win was magic but he has had a few costly errors.

The scheduling post covid has had an imapct on us but the signs are there that with at full strength we are a match for anyone (world beaters if you will).

Its worth sticking with Rodgers for next season if he can get a tune out of a full strength squad.

And I also will give him that time, with fresh fit also maybe some new players…

I haven’t even dreamed of blaming him yet of our injury problems, but if they carried on  too deep into early season,I might just think..let’s change it,just to try and upgrade our luck.

I am well off agreeing with a lot of shit he gets on here,including the injury issues,but on that,it’s just the change for change sake to try & create a new balance…Things from the coaching staff tactical nous have frustrated me,but I see Rodger upping

& moving forward with these issues….

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I believe strongly, that our own chronic & major injuries, have been the cause of our major woes, and Rodger’s just had to carry/ride it best as possible, and then made other Rodger’s descisions look worse…

I mean any fan who takes any football managers pre & post games words & statement

as verbatum, are following the wrong horse..

Fans themselves like to cherry pick, reported statements, through/from all circles. And jump on those that don’t  project their own perspectives or opinions..Nature of the beast,I suppose.

Selection,Subs are from fan to fan seen differently, plus due to lack of consistent availability, his hands were somewhat tied.

He made mistakes, but also under mitigating circumstances…

and though I might not agree with the alround thoughts, there has been genuine good points questioning descisions, but

those questioning whether we should move him on because of them…Way off reasonable debate presently..!

And bringing up and trying using career history…just daft cherry-picking Historonics..to build agendas.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’ve conceded the third most shots per game this season - something is just off systematically. Irrespective of injuries there’s been far too many games where we’ve been the worst side against teams with much worse players.

Newcastle had 16 shots and 7 on target to our 8 and 2, respectively. Conceding so many shots whilst we had 69% of the ball is bewildering.

Lots of metrics are worse season on season.

How many of those shots were actually chances to score though?

This is a pretty meaningless stat, when a team defends well it can mean teams are left with taking pot shots from outside the area.

Newcastle might have had 16 shots, but other than the two goals did Kasper have to make a save? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

How many of those shots were actually chances to score though?

This is a pretty meaningless stat, when a team defends well it can mean teams are left with taking pot shots from outside the area.

Newcastle might have had 16 shots, but other than the two goals did Kasper have to make a save? 

Agree.. anybody with any understanding just have too look at our title season..Our possession was low, our shots were low,our shots & chances conceded, were high..

In fact we probably did more of what Newcastle did to us,

than what we thought we did to Newcastle or even other games won..

years back against Port vale & I believe the great escape season WBA  we hammered with one way traffic for 80-88 minutes both sides…we lost 0-1 ..

Before our title win, most games over the then last 70 years, at Filbert st., and 1st years at KP,

we often charged the opposition for the first 10-15minutes, swiped them away..but history shows,even at times with top strikers…we rarely converted.

How many times have you seen us or other teams Hammer/ pummel  a side for 60 minutes 

and still went home crying..Or ourselves shithouse a win..

Ifs,should-off,could-offs,expected are not in the football-gods vocabulary..

I have gone home knowing we played well,but for some if we are the wrong side of the result,they

grumble we played poorly…and over Analyse mistakes and errors..

I watch football with my emotion and eyes,& never through the specs of statistics..

if I think a player in one moment was a twat,doesn’t mean I think we should get rid,because I conveniently forgot his good moments…Neither when they have a terrible run of bad form.

over nearly 70 years , I think I can count on One Hand & maybe 1 finger, the players I wanted away from my club. I reckon these last 8 seasons & this season alone,each season FTers want the whole team to be sold well after the customary knee-jerk reactions…

Edited by fuchsntf

Seems to me that if you’re defending Brendo by claiming “it”s all injuries’ fault!” and then absolving him of any responsibility for a terrible run of injuries season after season on his watch, you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Seems to me that if you’re defending Brendo by claiming “it”s all injuries’ fault!” and then absolving him of any responsibility for a terrible run of injuries season after season on his watch, you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too.

What injuries season after season?

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I would say anyone who can’t understand or refuse to see the impact injuries have had on the team this season has got an agenda against the manager. You only have to look at the team away at PSV (still without Ndidi and Vardy) vs the team who played away at Newcastle. It’s clear injuries have been the biggest cause of our downfall this season - I’m not sure how this part can even be questioned.

The second part, and the questionable part is the impact Rodgers has had on these injuries. To truely take a balanced look at this you have to way up the context. 
We have played 48 games in 19/20, 53 games in 20/21 and will play a minimum of 58 games this season. All of this with no real break, due to the COVID break and international tournaments. Compare this to another similar PL team,  West Ham for example played 42 games in19/20, 44 in 20/21 and will play a maximum of 57 games this season. 
That’s 16 games (not including community shield) more we’ve played than West Ham, even more if you picked a Newcastle or Southampton who haven’t played in Europe. Over 3 tough seasons with the extended season.

Then we have to look at the types and players who have been injured. Without listing them all there have been all different types of injuries. But you have to consider when both Fofana and Evans are out (neither of these are Brendan’s fault) you are limited in how you can rotate the CBs meaning our fit CB play more games than they would normally be expected to do. Ricardo, Justin and Castagne’s injuries meant less opportunities for full back rotation - again not sure if any of these can be blamed on Rodgers - maybe Justin playing 3 games straight after returning, but again, the injuries to other players limited the opportunity for rotation. 
Some have mentioned BR’s training methods, not sure if any of us are privy to what happens in training on a daily basis, so it’s hard to have a meaningful discussion about this. 
We have been ravaged by injuries this season, and this leads to other players having to play more than they otherwise would, this leads to more injuries, and with the volume of games we are playing we are even more vulnerable to injuries.

We have a maximum of 25 players in our squad and when we lose players to injury, we don’t have never ending supplies of players to replace them.

• Like 2

What we can take a reasonably educated stab at is how frequently injuries are exacerbated by guys coming back too soon - re-injuries, basically.  And I don’t think there’s a lot of ambiguity in that respect. If you feel differently, that’s fine.  But I think that’s basically giving the manager a get out of jail free card.  A built-in excuse for any issues the club has on his watch, and when any mention of accountability is raised the response is “we can’t know what’s really happening so you can’t blame him for it.”

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree - all the tactics and set up in the world can be undone very very quickly by lazy passes or silly mistakes. 

One thing Brendan is very good at is coaching and improving players. 

Concentration and focus is trainable.  You can avoid distraction from thoughts of the past and of the future.

Rio Ferdinand once said the when he played for england  he and other players were worried about making an error and how it would look in the sun... and this was in a game 

16 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What we can take a reasonably educated stab at is how frequently injuries are exacerbated by guys coming back too soon - re-injuries, basically.  And I don’t think there’s a lot of ambiguity in that respect. If you feel differently, that’s fine.  But I think that’s basically giving the manager a get out of jail free card.  A built-in excuse for any issues the club has on his watch, and when any mention of accountability is raised the response is “we can’t know what’s really happening so you can’t blame him for it.”

Genuine question, as I’m not sure of the answer. How many of these re-injuries have we had over BR reign at the club? Where a player is out for a reasonable amount of times, returns and the injury reoccurs? 

Performance’s have been much more competitive recently, we have looked much better baring a few players.

However there is still room for improvement both ends of the pitch need     tweaking.

Defensively we are so soft easy to get at. We don’t shut the lanes down well enough poor combinations on the pitch.
Our fullbacks and wingers need to combine defensively and offensively much better.

Defending set plays we are poor and not any better attacking them either.

At the moment we are carrying Barnes for all the promising positions he gets into he doesn’t have enough end product. The same applies to sharkey not good enough this is part of the reason our striker’s are inconsistent poor service.

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Concentration and focus is trainable.  You can avoid distraction from thoughts of the past and of the future.

Rio Ferdinand once said the when he played for england  he and other players were worried about making an error and how it would look in the sun... and this was in a game 

To a lesser extent. 

There’s a reason the top players remain at the top and it’s due to ruthless consistency and mindset. 

You can’t suddenly teach that to Daniel Amartey and Ademola Lookman.

Sounds like more boring Rodgers slander again. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

The problem is you have to prove the correlation between training/recovery methods and injuries. That means you have to go back and see if he has had a similar season with this other clubs, where soft tissue injuries were recurring. That means reinjuring the same muscle. If you can find a common thread from Swansea to Liverpool to Celtic to Leicester, then you have an argument. Without that trend, though, it's just speculation. 

Have you, or anyone else on the "Brendan injures players" bandwagon ever looked into his previous squads and seen who was injured and reinjured and how many players per season this affected? 

If you look into it, you'll actually see that this season is a complete anomaly for Rodgers. Every manager gets injuries, but to lose so many starters so early in the season is not really a trend you can see in previous seasons

Edited by Guest454545
Typos
  • Like 2