Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Apart from Palace and the second half away at PSV we've still not been anywhere near enough convincing for me. 

Perhaps not convincing, but definitely better and found a bit more consistency and belief. 

Now we've fvcked up two leads and it'll start to become a thing that we continue to do. 

It doesn't happen at stoppage time though - half of the annoyance is that we don't kill games off. Everton were there for the taking today, shouldn't have sat on a 1-0 lead especially knowing how frail we can be sometimes. 

• Like 1

The European run is seriously seriously papering over the cracks. I can think of three games in United (A), Newcastle (A) and Everton tonight (Maybe even PSV home leg too) where we we're MILES the better team but have no wins to show for it - All from winning positions. I actually dread our league games. Fed up of this shite.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we don’t win the Conference league we should part ways at the end of the season, I just feel in my opinion this project with Brendan is coming to a close. If another club comes calling, then it would make our lives easier.

‘If we don’t win a European competition we should sack the manager’.

what have we become?

• Like 2

Two games on the trot we have thrown points away against bang average sides. Can't understand why we don't drop the "pure" football philosophy when things start to go against us. Just keep doing the same things over and over again. So predictable that Brendan would drop into his automatic pilot attempt at preservation mode again with the same predictable result. No good being a decent side for 60 out of the 90 minutes. At least it's a point but should have been so much more.

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

what have we become?

The remit is Europe that would have been one of the targets set by Top and co if we don’t get that, he can have no complaints if he gets the sack. If our league form was better we wouldn’t be in this predicament.

Just now, lcfcdamo said:

To change formation with 10 to go 1 up looking comfortable is actually unreal he needs to come out and say sorry to all the fans saying he got that so wrong because if he dont he can **** off far has im concerned 

Exactly! It's not even that he's not doing things to help us win. He's directly doing things to cost us points

If Tielemens is definitely going like everyone thinks, then why keep fooking picking him?  We've got to play without him permanently in a few months so why not ditch him now?

He's playing to keep fit, not get injured because he wants his move.  Fooking drop him!  He's not one for the future, so play the ones that are now, instead!

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2

Definitely cocked up again, just keep us playing freely, they couldn’t cope, Wes and Jonny were both upfront at one point after runs!!… but… we had chances to go at least 2 up. He’s also been let down by our finishing tonight. 

For large parts of that game we played some great stuff and had control. For once we started very quickly and could have been two up after five. Even in the second half we still continued to create chances. Maddison could have had a couple. The back four looked great. Kdh did what he does and both barnes and tielemans looked more on it. That’s the positive stuff. I still feel very disappointed. For once I just want a happy ending. (No funny comments needed there please !)

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

what have we become?

You do know we are only still in Europe because Uefa created a 3rd level competition for those who finish 3rd in the Europa league group... Its not really a success story like the past few seasons. 

If they had not created this we would have been out in a whimper. 

Also Rennes & PSV are poor sides with much smaller budgets than ourselves. We are supposed to beat them. 

Roma will be a much harder challenge, I don't see how we will beat them tbh. Anyway back to BR... 

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

what have we become?

A club with higher expectations than people stuck in the 90s. You're probably still in shock when we out perform an awful Man U side these days aren't you  :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

All of you berating him make yourselves look so silly every time. 

Why? Anyone who says he hasn't done a good job is talking nonsense. But so is anyone who thinks that he's not massively at fault for our failures this season and the inability to seal Champions League football 2 years in a row.

Given us some great moments and finally had a manager who could get these players playing close to their potential but the bloke's own hubris has cost us time and again, and will continue to do so. As others have said, I think his time with this project has come to an end and ultimately been successful but left an awful lot on the table.

I’ve generally been a Brendan fan and I try to be objective.

But there is a very famous quote about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The only difference here is that it’s the same result - the wrong one - and that makes the statement even more valid and it’s perpetrator even more stupid 

The negativity from Rodgers is baffling. The man doesn’t learn. 

if he doesn’t learn and tweak his approach he can do one for me. Fed up of the same style and approach and the results not changing. It’s the definition of insanity!