Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

@Dames

@Kilworthfox

@Phenom

@SecretPro

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it was the right change, to be honest. He shouldn’t have swapped it around but never the less, I still think the players on the pitch should have been able to see the game out at that point. 

I just don’t see the need to constantly go at him after every bump in the road when he’s proven his worth as manager already. 

But he made the change which essentially conceded any momentum we had left, changed the formation and invited pressure. 

The players AND the manager are to blame. Its not just a bump in the road, throwing away leads late in games is a consistent problem this season and at least 50% of it if not more is down to the manager changing to defensive tactics with a slender lead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

@Dames

@Kilworthfox

@Phenom

@SecretPro

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it was the right change, to be honest. He shouldn’t have swapped it around but never the less, I still think the players on the pitch should have been able to see the game out at that point. 

I just don’t see the need to constantly go at him after every bump in the road when he’s proven his worth as manager already. 

Thats fine mate. 

I just disagree 👍🏼 it's not personal I just don't see him ever changing, and I hate seeing my club on the decline. 

We have had some great years since league 1. We have become something I never expected us to be. 

I see it crumbling away with every poor result. In similar ways each game. 

Our best players will leave and unless we recruit the same standard of players to replace the Tielemans, Maddison, Fofana, KDH, Schmeichel, Vardy and Ndidi... 

Thats a very tough task, 1 that I am very very unconvinced BR can do. 

I don't want us to become a lower prem side then a Championship side because we are overly sentimental about a manager. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

One thing he's not learnt from is trying to shut games down with extra defenders or defensive midfielders.

I got in to a huge argument last season when he kept doing it and always won and people said I was ridiculous as it got the job done but it showed a worrying mentality that wasn't needed then and it most certainly isn't needed now. 

I hope he can take stock on this, as I've said prior to this season I don't ever recall him throwing an extra defender on to see a game out and we threw points away but this season it's happened LOADS. No excuses, it invites pressure and we surrender the control he most craves of possession, brainless.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

‘If we don’t win a European competition we should sack the manager’.

what have we become?

Ambitious? A much bigger club than we have ever been? As others have said, he's under pressure to win it because we absolutely bottled the original competition that we were joint favourites for. Even legislating for injuries, if we'd shown better in the last few months we'd actually have a chance to get qualification via the league but the manager said 8th was the absolute maximum we could get. He's shown where his priority is and with the quality of squad we have here we should be doing much better than we are.

• Like 1

It’s such a difficult one.

One the one hand he has, looking without context, been very successful with us… The FA cup/community shield and 2 5th place finishes.

But then you look at the context. Obviously we can’t and shouldn’t discredit what he did winning us the cup - that was amazing and he made it possible. But he has also masterminded a complete bottlejob 2 seasons in a row which have cost us champions league football. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. People seem to underestimate how massive that is for us.

This season we have massively underperformed in the league, even taking into account our injuries. We’ve bottled a 3-1 lead at Anfield in the league cup, we’ve been battered 4-1 by Forest, knocked out of a Europa League group we should have progressed from, and bottled numerous games in the 90+ minutes, including tonight against an awful Everton side.

It’s not good enough, we need a change. Someone needs to change the mentality at this club. 

He won’t go, but I hope Top has a really hard think should we not win the conference league about the way things have gone this season. 

• Like 2

I cannot get my head around some still sticking up for him / wanting to watch this again next season. 

Style of play - boring 

Concerning crap goals - Boring

conceding late goals - boring

conceding from set plays - boring 

Post match BS - boring 

Once Roma have spanked us that should be it 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You know the season we won the league i used to laugh at the likes of Arsenal and all the pundits who would constantly obsess over possession stats. This idea that having the ball more means you automatically deserve the win. Our play that season optimized everything about being direct and playing with absolute purpose. Slowly we've become that team like Arsenal and it's sad to see. 

Exactly! 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

A club with higher expectations than people stuck in the 90s. You're probably still in shock when we out perform an awful Man U side these days aren't you  :D

What was wrong with the 90s? 😂

and yes, I am!

my point is I love the highs and try not to get as angry as some of you after the setbacks. If the City are making so many of you as unhappy as your comments suggest I just wonder if it’s worth you bothering. 

The secret to happiness is to avoid having too many expectations (word)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, in 19/20 and the back end of 18/19 we rarely used to go defensive with changes, that is something that seems to have changed since that big impact he had on the side at the beginning of his time in charge.

19/20 had the Bournemouth game, probably one the worst examples of him fully sh****** the bed.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, in 19/20 and the back end of 18/19 we rarely used to go defensive with changes, that is something that seems to have changed since that big impact he had on the side at the beginning of his time in charge.

I think we need a dynamic central midfielder who's 6ft 4 who can trick Brendan in to thinking he's the protection to see out games. Sander Berge or that Thuram at Nice

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

It’s such a difficult one.

One the one hand he has, looking without context, been very successful with us… The FA cup/community shield and 2 5th place finishes.

But then you look at the context. Obviously we can’t and shouldn’t discredit what he did winning us the cup - that was amazing and he made it possible. But he has also masterminded a complete bottlejob 2 seasons in a row which have cost us champions league football. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. People seem to underestimate how massive that is for us.

This season we have massively underperformed in the league, even taking into account our injuries. We’ve bottled a 3-1 lead at Anfield in the league cup, we’ve been battered 4-1 by Forest, knocked out of a Europa League group we should have progressed from, and bottled numerous games in the 90+ minutes, including tonight against an awful Everton side.

It’s not good enough, we need a change. Someone needs to change the mentality at this club. 

He won’t go, but I hope Top has a really hard think should we not win the conference league about the way things have gone this season. 

19/20 yes but I think it's a bit unfair to say last season was a bottle job. 

This season though we've pissed away 10+ points through lack of professionalism, which is inexcusable. 

'Performance level outstanding', 'delighted with level of control we had' I knew he'd be happy, it's a given when we win the possession and passing. But Everton had the best chances despite having possession in the 30's, we could have easily lost. We don't do enough with it, chances created in open play has been poor for months now but he doesn't seem bothered. He actually used the fact Everton beat a terrible Man Utd side as a reason why a point was good in the end.