Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Hopefully Soumare shines after Tielemans goes. You never know :dunno:

Soumare is off in the summer, book it. We definitely owe money the club don’t feel is worth paying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

19/20 yes but I think it's a bit unfair to say last season was a bottle job. 

This season though we've pissed away 10+ points through lack of professionalism, which is inexcusable. 

Depends how you define bottlejob, but we were 7 points clear of 5th with 5 games to play last season.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Hopefully Soumare shines after Tielemans goes. You never know :dunno:

I certainly hope he does. I think our game is changing with KDH and Mendy doing better. Maddison stepping up. We really need what soumare can offer if he gets up to speed. His driving with the ball through midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

"If we don't win a trophy in Europe we should sack the manager...."

Some of you are so entitled it's almost gobsmacking

Some could say that accepting mediocrity is equally as gobsmacking. We have a squad capable of so much more than fighting to stay in the top half of the league 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

'Performance level outstanding', 'delighted with level of control we had' I knew he'd be happy, won the possession and passing. Everton had the best chances despite having possession in the 30's, we could have easily lost. We don't do enough with it, chances created in open play has been poor for months now but he doesn't seem bothered.

Is that what he said?

Do I win the Brendan Bingo? 

:brendan: 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

'Performance level outstanding', 'delighted with level of control we had' I knew he'd be happy, it's a given when we win the possession and passing. But Everton had the best chances despite having possession in the 30's, we could have easily lost. We don't do enough with it, chances created in open play has been poor for months now but he doesn't seem bothered.

Embarrassing if he’s come out with all that again.

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

What was wrong with the 90s? 😂

and yes, I am!

my point is I love the highs and try not to get as angry as some of you after the setbacks. If the City are making so many of you as unhappy as your comments suggest I just wonder if it’s worth you bothering. 

The secret to happiness is to avoid having too many expectations (word)

Haha!! The MON days were beautiful to be fair (the football wasn't mind you), but we were punching above our weight massively under him.

As a club we've progressed to a point now where we have some of the best facilities in the world, a manager earning £10 million a season and we've got squad players earning 3-5 million a season. We've bottled finishing top 4 two seasons on the trot. We have the best squad we've ever had. I feel like i'd have to be dead inside to not have hope and ambitious expectations of this group.

I'm of a completely different mindset, if you have no ambitions or expecations, then life's fairly dull. My dad on the other hand is very much on your wavelength and we end up having similar conversations. He's certainly more chilled then me after games, so it's probably much better for his health lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Ah yes, forget about everything else that's happened. The standard has been raised. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I certainly don't think like this. I just want the club to progress on all fronts. And we aren't progressing this season. 

Worse in the league. 

Didn't defend our FA Cup at all. 

We are not in the 2nd tier of European football but the 3rd. 

We are looking likely to loose YT. 

Fofana and Maddison will be next if we continue to regress as these players won't want to play for a bottom half team. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha!! The MON days were beautiful to be fair (the football wasn't mind you), but we were punching above our weight massively under him.

As a club we've progressed to a point now where we have some of the best facilities in the world, a manager earning £10 million a season and we've got squad players earning 3-5 million a season. We've bottled finishing top 4 two seasons on the trot. We have the best squad we've ever had. I feel like i'd have to be dead inside to not have hope and ambitious expectations of this group.

I'm of a completely different mindset, if you have no ambitions or expecations, then life's fairly dull. My dad on the other hand is very much on your wavelength and we end up having similar conversations. He's certainly more chilled then me after games, so it's probably much better for his health lol

Don’t get me wrong mate, I sulk for at least an hour after a defeat, and during games I rock rhythmically I’m so anxious. And I’m 55. So I really do care. I’m just not angry! And I’m not convinced we could find a better manager than Brendan Bottlejob 😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I presume you weren’t saying that after recent performances at Rennes and Eindhoven? No one is forcing you to watch. If you’re hating it that much don’t bother. We’re disappointed with a mid table finish and semi final of a European competition? 

No just tired of conceding last minute goals, twice on the trot recently, against the run of play, and generally being poor in the final third, slow, sideways, backwards passing and not pushing to win / kill the game, because of playing with 1 striker who in the case of Daka and Nacho are more of an ornament than a threat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This bloke has no fight or desire it's embarrassing. The one thing I can't forgive him for is the never say die attitude that's been taken away from this club.

"Young" Foxes quit often apparently.

• Like 1